What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

your team vs eels

Tiger05

First Grade
Thanks for posting.

2 passengers on the bench again + no Lote. Parra don't look that bad either.

We can win the game.

Where is Lote?

I would suggest he and Lawrence will be given extra time to make sure that they are right for the semis.

Apparently we are a one man team because of Benji, but geez, Lawrence, Ellis, Farah, Lote and Heighnie are pretty important too.

We have the squad to do it gents.

Bubbles

tumblingdice

Juniors
DOCTORS don't ordinarily defer to a higher power in their assessments but in Lote Tuqiri's case there has become little option. ''He has to hope that the lap of the gods is with him,'' Wests Tigers doctor Donald Kuah said.
What the man in the white coat - or in reality, the black and gold polo shirt - is referring to is Tuqiri's return from injury, which is expected to take place against Parramatta on Sunday.
Kuah is not throwing out the textbooks and years of training and experience, but he conceded the veteran winger was in desperate need of some old-fashioned good luck.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The reason? On Tuqiri's previous two forays back into the NRL during an injury-riddled season, he has picked up fresh and unrelated concerns in his very first game back.
First, there was his comeback from an early-season broken arm, which he made against Newcastle at Leichhardt Oval in June. Six minutes into that match he fell awkwardly and picked up an ankle injury that put him out for another month.
Then, after finally shrugging off that fitness drama to make his way back against the Sydney Roosters in Round 20, he broke down again, this time with a torn quad.
It is yet to be determined if Tuqiri has wandered under a ladder or walked on too many cracks this year. But in terms of a medical analysis, he may as well have. ''I think he's just unlucky,'' Kuah said. ''It's not like a groin [injury] into a quad or into a hamstring on the same side. One was an arm, another was an ankle, this one was a quad. They're not closely linked together. They are separate injuries.''
If, as they say, you make your own luck, then it was little wonder Tuqiri was leaving nothing in the bank as he tore across the Concord Oval field and tested out the quad on the steps of the grandstand at the Tigers' training ground yesterday.
He is expected to join the rest of the Tigers squad in training this week and if, as is increasingly likely, he is chosen to return against the Eels at the Sydney Football Stadium, the dual international's presence will be another boost for Tim Sheens's side.
The Tigers have won five games in a row and are gaining traction in their late bid for a top-four spot. Their last loss came on July 8, at the hands of the Eels, their opponents on Sunday. ''I had a chat to him earlier, and he reckons he is a chance of playing. He was looking pretty quick out there,'' Tigers lock Chris Heighington said. ''He'll probably do a bit more tomorrow and we'll see after that.''
If he does return on Sunday, Tuqiri would have every reason to feel uneasy about the prospect of such an unfortunate trend striking him yet again. But he has been around too long, and played at too high a level, to be anxious about such twists of fate, according to Kuah.
''You have to remember that someone like Lote is a seasoned dual international,'' said the Tigers doctor, noting also that centre Chris Lawrence remained on track to return from a hamstring tear in week one of the semi-finals.
''If you were to say this about a rookie or a 21-year-old then I think that would be more of an issue. But as a seasoned dual international I think he'll have that in check. His mind is very strong. I don't think it will play much on Lote's mind at all.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dled-season-20110815-1iuu4.html#ixzz1VC3k4yMK

I really dont think our team doctor had any textbooks or years of training to throw out. Wouldn't let him treat me for a cold:roll:. I swaer he moonlights in my local asian takeawy!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If we don't win this game and win it well, you put the texta through us for this year.

That Parramatta backline has to be the worst in the NRL, by far.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I said similar things before we played them last time and they beat us by 20. Even their pack is pretty ordinary these days, Maitua is class but still working his way back but the rest are either hot and cold or past it. Hopefully we get them on a cold day.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I said similar things before we played them last time and they beat us by 20. Even their pack is pretty ordinary these days, Maitua is class but still working his way back but the rest are either hold and cold or past it. Hopefully we get them on a cold day.

Will all come down to our attitude.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Tigers were awful last time we played Parra. We made them look good. Should be very different this Sunday.

BuffaloRules

Coach
it's the same team as last week but no Loti named, so he will probably play....

Looks like you might be right..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-18/tuqiri-leaves-door-open-for-tigers-return/2845842

Wests Tigers star Lote Tuqiri has left the door open for a return against Parramatta on Sunday, but the big winger is acting coy.
Speaking to the media on Thursday, Tuqiri played with a constant straight bat and says the plan is to give his quad injury another week but, when pressed further, he admitted with a wry smile, that a late inclusion is entirely possible.
"You never know, you never know," Tuqiri said.

Maybe give him another week just to be safe..

Mader45

Juniors
Wasn't even aware of it until I noticed on NRL.COM but we can be in 4th position if we win this game by more then 25 points and the Cowboys, Dragons and Warriors lose (which actually seems plausible).

Once in 4th it would actually be easy to hold on to it with games against the Titans and Sharks.

So going into this game without our attacking left side sucks.

While this would all be great, in a perfect world it is very unlikely.

Pretty shitty that there is a good chance our first finals game will either be in Qld or New Zealand.

Not sure yet about Lote, Gareth is nothing serious and will only be 1 week if he does miss out. I don't see the point in risking him, we are not desperate.....yet.

Radical Rat

Juniors
DOCTORS don't ordinarily defer to a higher power in their assessments but in Lote Tuqiri's case there has become little option. ''He has to hope that the lap of the gods is with him,'' Wests Tigers doctor Donald Kuah said.
What the man in the white coat - or in reality, the black and gold polo shirt - is referring to is Tuqiri's return from injury, which is expected to take place against Parramatta on Sunday.
Kuah is not throwing out the textbooks and years of training and experience, but he conceded the veteran winger was in desperate need of some old-fashioned good luck.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The reason? On Tuqiri's previous two forays back into the NRL during an injury-riddled season, he has picked up fresh and unrelated concerns in his very first game back.
First, there was his comeback from an early-season broken arm, which he made against Newcastle at Leichhardt Oval in June. Six minutes into that match he fell awkwardly and picked up an ankle injury that put him out for another month.
Then, after finally shrugging off that fitness drama to make his way back against the Sydney Roosters in Round 20, he broke down again, this time with a torn quad.
It is yet to be determined if Tuqiri has wandered under a ladder or walked on too many cracks this year. But in terms of a medical analysis, he may as well have. ''I think he's just unlucky,'' Kuah said. ''It's not like a groin [injury] into a quad or into a hamstring on the same side. One was an arm, another was an ankle, this one was a quad. They're not closely linked together. They are separate injuries.''
If, as they say, you make your own luck, then it was little wonder Tuqiri was leaving nothing in the bank as he tore across the Concord Oval field and tested out the quad on the steps of the grandstand at the Tigers' training ground yesterday.
He is expected to join the rest of the Tigers squad in training this week and if, as is increasingly likely, he is chosen to return against the Eels at the Sydney Football Stadium, the dual international's presence will be another boost for Tim Sheens's side.
The Tigers have won five games in a row and are gaining traction in their late bid for a top-four spot. Their last loss came on July 8, at the hands of the Eels, their opponents on Sunday. ''I had a chat to him earlier, and he reckons he is a chance of playing. He was looking pretty quick out there,'' Tigers lock Chris Heighington said. ''He'll probably do a bit more tomorrow and we'll see after that.''
If he does return on Sunday, Tuqiri would have every reason to feel uneasy about the prospect of such an unfortunate trend striking him yet again. But he has been around too long, and played at too high a level, to be anxious about such twists of fate, according to Kuah.
''You have to remember that someone like Lote is a seasoned dual international,'' said the Tigers doctor, noting also that centre Chris Lawrence remained on track to return from a hamstring tear in week one of the semi-finals.
''If you were to say this about a rookie or a 21-year-old then I think that would be more of an issue. But as a seasoned dual international I think he'll have that in check. His mind is very strong. I don't think it will play much on Lote's mind at all.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dled-season-20110815-1iuu4.html#ixzz1VC3k4yMK

I really dont think our team doctor had any textbooks or years of training to throw out. Wouldn't let him treat me for a cold:roll:. I swaer he moonlights in my local asian takeawy!

Yeah it doesn't really fill you with confidence when your doctor is relying on "the lap of the gods".

The Rosco

Bench
Why does a Rabbitohs fan care? :?

Back then, alien . . . or Jenner, as I now prefer to call him . . . just wasn't sure who he should follow.
Rather like a souffs fan trapped in a Tiger's fan's body. All confused. Found it hard to fit in at school. Didn't know which dressing shed to go into.
Never felt comfortable in a boys Magpies shirt.

Back then, alien . . . or Jenner, as I now prefer to call him . . . just wasn't sure who he should follow.
Rather like a souffs fan trapped in a Tiger's fan's body. All confused. Found it hard to fit in at school. Didn't know which dressing shed to go into.
Never felt comfortable in a boys Magpies shirt.

:lol:

From this day forth Alien, thee shall be known as Caitlyn.

Latest posts