What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v's Titans Rd1

I'm going with who I think will be picked and who I'd like in the team.

1. Jaelen Feeney
2. Jake Mamo- he'll get the nod.
3. Chanel Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Levi
10. Mickey Paea - maybe off the bench each side of half time.
11. Korbin Sims - no other place for him. Maybe run him off the bench
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyler Randell - Barring injury he'll be always in the 17. Will serve as a backup Goal Kicker with more practice. Levi won't do a full 80.
15. Jack Stockwell
16. Pauli Pauli
17. Jacob Saifiti / Daniel Saifiti /David Bhana (outsider) - can't decide on 1st 2, they seem the same lol

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Jaelen Feeney
2. Jake Mamo
3. Pat Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Levi
10. Mickey Paea
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Korbin Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyler Randell
15. Jack Stockwell
16. Pauli Pauli
17. Daniel Saifiti

Could make a strong case for Fitzgibbon on the edge with Korbin back to prop but don't want to start too many rookies straight up. I'd give Korbin one more chance there.

slotmachine

First Grade
1. Jaelen Feeney
2. Jake Mamo
3. Pat Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Levi
10. Mickey Paea
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Korbin Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyler Randell
15. Jack Stockwell
16. Pauli Pauli
17. Daniel Saifiti

Have Randall start and Chanel on the wing for Mamo, and that's mine.

League_God

Juniors
Who I think deserves to be in the side:

1.Jaelen Feeney
2.Nathan Ross
3.Pat Matautai
4.Dane Gagai
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Micky Paea
9.Tyler Randall
10.Pauli Pauli
11.Robbie Rochow
12.Jacob Saifiti
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Danny Levi
15.Korbin Sims
16.Kade Snowden/Jack Stockwell
17.Daniel Saifiti

League_God

Juniors
I'd be going with korbin in the 10 jersey. He basically carried our pack for the back half of last year.

That's true and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.
What I am opposed to is Snowden getting a starting spot and taking 3/4 of the season to get "match fit" all the while giving away dumb penalties and playing like a cream puff.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I haven't seen any footage of Snowden this year. Is he out of shape? Last year he started the year in pretty good shape and he played well over the first 10 weeks or so. Then he slipped into a comfort zone and was our number one plodder....

Spot On

Coach
How on earth could Snowden be out of shape? He couldn't be.

Would anyone be against letting him and Uate go if it were at all possible. Brown could pick up 2 blokes with similar ability and similar effort and performace levels from somewhere for less than half their current salaries.

Surely this year is it for them . Perform consistently from r1 onwards or gone.

slotmachine

First Grade
Snowden was our hardest working prop in the first half. He would have led metres gained by the forwards easily. Gave away his customary couple of stupid penalties with an error thrown in for good measure. At least he was trying to slow down the ruck, he didn't have many mates there.

Standard stuff. He runs slow, makes the most metres, gives away penalties.

Better than the ghost of Stockwell, who wasn't sighted when we were getting pumped.

Burwood

Bench
At the back end of the season, after getting some game time and match fitness under his belt, Snowden was still a Jekyll and Hyde player. First half stint was a combination of silly errors and lazy penalties, but then he'd come out in the second half and dominate the opposition with strong hitups, effective offloads and stinging defence.

He's Josh Perry v2.0, and I don't think that aspect of his game will ever change.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
At the back end of the season, after getting some game time and match fitness under his belt, Snowden was still a Jekyll and Hyde player. First half stint was a combination of silly errors and lazy penalties, but then he'd come out in the second half and dominate the opposition with strong hitups, effective offloads and stinging defence.

He's Josh Perry v2.0, and I don't think that aspect of his game will ever change.

I take your point, but I think Snowden overall has put in more effort for the knights than Teddy. From memory, Perry would start the season doing 8 or 9 hit ups per game, whilst his older and significantly heavier partner in Matt Parsons would do double of what Perry did. From memory, as the season went on, Perry would up his hit up count to around 12 per game. Surely Snowden has a better work rate than that?

If we do lose to the GC in round one I would not get all doomy and gloomy. They aimed up big time on Souths yesterday. They are playing good footy. They, like us, are heavy with new kids wanting to make a name for themselves.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Snowden was our hardest working prop in the first half. He would have led metres gained by the forwards easily. Gave away his customary couple of stupid penalties with an error thrown in for good measure. At least he was trying to slow down the ruck, he didn't have many mates there.

Standard stuff. He runs slow, makes the most metres, gives away penalties.

Better than the ghost of Stockwell, who wasn't sighted when we were getting pumped.

you do remember that Stockwell got injured pretty early on in the season yeah? Missed a big chunk of the year

Stockwell needs to find a new level this year. He is basically a senior forward now by default. He certainly is good enough.

Frederick

Staff member
Stockwells best game of last year came against the Warriors, and he played at lock. I'd like to see him play there again, just not sure what that would mean for Smith

Frederick

Staff member
At full strength (and with everyone playing to their potential), I'd like to see something like this:

Feeney
Mamo
Sione
Gagai
Uate
Mullen
Hokko
Snowden
Levi
Korbin
Rochow
Tariq
Stockwell

Randell
Paea
Pauli
Smith

A real impactful bench with plenty of aggression but I just wish we had a Baptiste or a Segyaro type to really make teams hurt when they are tiring in the middle. The use of Levi and Randell will be interesting.