What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team v's Titans Rd1

Frederick

Staff member
Randell played pretty well off the bench on Saturday. Made huge meters from dummy half, thanks to some quick play the balls

slotmachine

First Grade
Brown says five players will be making their debut in Round 1.

Probably Pat Matauita, Feeney, Saifiti x2, Bhana.

Swarzey

Bench
1. Jaelen Feeney
2. Jake Mamo
3. Pat Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Tyler Randell
10. Korbin Sims
11. Daniel Saifiti
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Danny Levi
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. David Bhana

Based on the season launch.

What's nice is that this doesn't include Fitzgibbon, Paea or Stockwell who I thought would be up there to start on the bench. Also predicting a big season from Yates in NSW Cup. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays at least one game this year. Nice to see we have depth in the forwards.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Glad the Korbin experiment has come to an end.
Stockwell deserved a stint in NSW Cup after his diabolical trial.
Paea is the interesting one because I thought he had been going OK, but I guess the thinking is he is 30 and not going to get better, while Saifiti isn't far behind and has huge improvement in him.

I would have had Chanel on the wing too.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Jaelen Feeney
2. Jake Mamo
3. Pat Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kade Snowden
9. Tyler Randell
10. Korbin Sims
11. Daniel Saifiti
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Danny Levi
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Jacob Saifiti
17. David Bhana

Based on the season launch.

What's nice is that this doesn't include Fitzgibbon, Paea or Stockwell who I thought would be up there to start on the bench. Also predicting a big season from Yates in NSW Cup. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays at least one game this year. Nice to see we have depth in the forwards.
Jacob plays edge mate. Daniel is predominantly a prop.

That looks like the team for Round 1, though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Would be a fantastic achievement for the Saifiti boys going from Ron Massey cup bench players to first grade in the space of a year

slotmachine

First Grade
They seem like hard workers, so good luck to them.

The prop rotation is suddenly huge, Snowden/Saifiti/Pauli are all monsters.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The smokey could be Lamb in for Mullen.

Personally I hope this doesn't happen, I think that Hodko is the right type of player to help Mullen produce his best and I would prefer it if the two of them got a chance to gel early on in the season rather than Mullen getting punted back to NSW cup for no reason. Also I would argue that our halves partnership will probably be one of our strengths this year so I want to see them on the field together from round 1.

Besides Lamb will probably get a chance at some point this year if either of the halves get injured or if Hodko gets picked for NSW again.

perverse

Referee
Lamb isn't ready for a full season of first grade, but I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Brown could keep Mullo in NSW Cup and tell him that he can have his jersey back when he's carving up reserve grade, either. Mullen shouldn't be immune to earning his jersey.

Swarzey

Bench
He shouldn't but I'm not sure why then half the team isn't treated the same. Without him we probably would have collected our third, fourth spoon in a row last year. Seems like a massive overreaction from Brown over a relatively small incident. Strip him of all his leadership for the season, strip him from playing in the Nines, make him play a NSW Cup trial.

But drop him from first grade? Nah. Feels like he wants to piss him off, force him out to prove some point.

perverse

Referee
If he's going to drop him for Round 1, it definitely won't be over a few drinks while he was recovering from injury. Not that alone, anyway.

PhilGould

Bench
He shouldn't but I'm not sure why then half the team isn't treated the same. Without him we probably would have collected our third, fourth spoon in a row last year. Seems like a massive overreaction from Brown over a relatively small incident. Strip him of all his leadership for the season, strip him from playing in the Nines, make him play a NSW Cup trial.

But drop him from first grade? Nah. Feels like he wants to piss him off, force him out to prove some point.
Maybe he just doesn't rate him?

perverse

Referee
Maybe he just doesn't rate him?

Possible, although I think he's been training as Hodko's halves partner as much as possible in the pre-season. I doubt this is the first chance Brown has had to have a look at Mullen given how long he's been playing.

slotmachine

First Grade
All the talk from Hodko has been how he is training well with Mullen, working on their combination, they're mates outside of football etc.

It would be strange to suddenly drop Mullen if he has been training as #1 5/8th all off season.

typicalfan

Coach
Mullen in form is crucial to anything resembling success. Hodkinson and Mullen should be given an opportunity to prove a combination.

perverse

Referee
All the talk from Hodko has been how he is training well with Mullen, working on their combination, they're mates outside of football etc.

It would be strange to suddenly drop Mullen if he has been training as #1 5/8th all off season.

That's generally my thinking as well. Mullen will be our main 5/8th, I just don't think it's a necessity that he's named Round 1. I don't think Brown is going to go into the start of this season thinking winning is everything. He'll tweak the team to see what works and what doesn't... each match, especially early in the season, may well be a bit of an experiment. He's not exactly working on a solid foundation. He's only seen this group play together once, and he's working with a lot of rookies that have never played at this level too.

We all know he's a match winner... just about anything we've won over the past however many years has been won on his shoulders. Getting consistency into his game is the puzzle Brown has to piece together.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
It's about time a.coach at this.club had the balls to get his message across and I'm all for it if it's needed. Hopefully Aku and Snowden are next on the hit list should they dish up their usual.

Last edited:
I think Mullo is being pushed out. Possible Brown has lined up a replacement in his mind to try to sign. Lamb may get the nod. Big call but might say a lot that Brown is not interested in waiting till year is potentially gone before he bloods new kids. He is a bold coach. I don't know how you counter that as a player except to give your all in a structure he demands.

Latest posts