What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams For Round 1

Prior will be on the bench...
Stockwell will be in the cutters...
Harrison will start in the back row...
Frizzell on the bench or at lock with DeBelin potentially on the bench.....

not that i agree with this i just think this is where Price's head will be at....
I think you will be very close to the mark, barring injuries in any of the trials.

Minh

First Grade
King on the bench will be exciting to see him play more game time. If Rein kills it like many are predicting maybe King should look at being a great utility that can fill many roles as well as that Hooker rotation.

Minh

First Grade
I have a feeling we will surprise a lot of people this year, I think we can beat anybody on our day.

Twenty10

Juniors
King on the bench will be exciting to see him play more game time. If Rein kills it like many are predicting maybe King should look at being a great utility that can fill many roles as well as that Hooker rotation.

Remember Marketo?? He had a lot of promise. He really must have stepped out of line. I though he carried our pack a lot last season. Seemed to be one of a few that actually ran hard and tackled his ass off.
Anyway, king could be similar style of player. Hooker, halves, backrow etc.

Minh

First Grade
Remember Marketo?? He had a lot of promise. He really must have stepped out of line. I though he carried our pack a lot last season. Seemed to be one of a few that actually ran hard and tackled his ass off.

He probably needs to bulk up more though but i see your point, King's value this year would likely be as a utility strike player.

jenninga

First Grade
Ok, I didn't know about this. So maybe Weyman might not be ready for the first 3 rounds of first grade.

Maybe Weyman will need to be eased back through the Cutters.

In this case I would go for

8. Merrin
9. Rein
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. De Belin
14. Prior
15. Stockwell
16. Harrison
17. King

From what I understand, Frizell is a right edge player and Harrison is a left edge player.

I would imagine that:
Frizell will do 80min.
Creagh, Harrison and De Belin would be the backrow rotation.
Merrin, Hunt, Stockwell and Prior would be the prop rotation.
King and Rein being the hooker rotation.
You don't ease Weyman through the Cutters,you select him when he is physically and mentally right to go in 1st grade.
As i said before if it is round 1 or 3 or 4 ,i don't care ,he is our gun forward and needs to be 100% after his injury.

st.phil

Bench

Marketo carried our pack last year? Must have missed those games...

Elias1983

Coach

Potential yes...

but carried our pack? f**k no!

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Nrl dragons

1.Beale
2.morris
3.Vidot
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.soward
7.fien
8.hunt
9.rein
10.weyman
11.merrin
12.creagh
13.frizzell

14.king ( if he stays fit, he may start a couple of games over rein, hopefully his potential comes out this year
15.harrison
16.De Belin
17.Stockwell ( He deserves a major shot this year)

Cutters

1.Cummins
2.Quinlan
3.Chase Stanley
4.Runciman
5.Goodwin
6.Todd Ryan
7.Drinkwater
8.Wakeman
9.Cook
10.Au mau
11.Prior
12.Burke
13.Blake Phillips

Probably missing a few from the cutters but as seen we have got some great depth in different positions. Interesting times ahead, I think we got a better team than last year, finally a gun f/b best back 3 in the comp, our front row rotation is brilliant, we got the ball player forwards in Frizzell and harrison, 3 gun dummy halves, obviously halfback and centre is a worry but we can only wait and see

Twenty10

Juniors
Just out if curiosity... What the hell will happen to cummins? I mean if Beale is a revelation at fullback how long before cummins gets signed by the roosters??
Bound to happen really. Cummins is a fullback and only needs probably 1 year in cutters before 1st grade. Will be bump Beale to accommodate one of the most promising prospects we've had in years? Or will we try cummins in a different position until he gets the shits and demands a release before moving to roosters, playing origin and being the next billy slater?

Just a question... Anyone?

Minh

First Grade
If Cummins is that good then we might have to move Beale to the centres. If Beale kills it then I guess he'll cement the number 1 jersey.

watatank

Coach
The Roosters already have Tuivasa Sheck but really Cummins needs to put himself in a position to compete for a FG spot before he can think about being in the team.

Dea

Juniors
Maybe Beale or Cummins can take over from Cooper in the Centres?

I can't see Vidot starting in the Centres this year. Stanley hasn't been great in my view but he was played consistently last year regardless, so I can't see him being moved. price hasn't shown himself to be any sort of risk taker and I believe he will keep the same going regardless.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Maybe Beale or Cummins can take over from Cooper in the Centres?

I can't see Vidot starting in the Centres this year. Stanley hasn't been great in my view but he was played consistently last year regardless, so I can't see him being moved. price hasn't shown himself to be any sort of risk taker and I believe he will keep the same going regardless.

Stanley was coming back from serious knee injuries and is a quality centre, something Vidot is yet to prove to be!

gypsy

Bench
This talk about C Stanley having no potency in attack is absolute nonsense. He created more space down that right edge last season than any of our other options since Gaz pre France