What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your teams lineup for Round 1

AuDragon

Juniors
Broncos:

1- Josh Hoffman
2- Gerard Beale
3- Jack Reed
4- Justin Hodges
5- Jharal Yow Yeh
6- Corey Norman
7- Peter Wallace
8- Ben Hannant
9- Andrew McCullough
10-Scott Anderson
11-Alex Glenn
12-Sam Thaiday
13-Corey Parker

14-Ben Hunt
15-Matt Gillett
16-Josh McGuire
17-Ben Te'o

Norman, Wallace and McCullough have the forwards to give them space in attack, and a backline that will punish any team if they are served well. If they stand up, we're a top 4 team, if they don't we'll struggle to make the eight...

perverse

Referee
yes, it all comes down to the halves for the broncos. similar story at the Knights, actually. no excuses for either set of halves, they have all the tools around them.

snoozer

Bench
Coach : Des Hasler

You should know, he didn't re-sign, and manly have been flogged since he left.:lol::lol::lol:
flogged since he left?!

a trial and the pomgolian game.

f**k me you are a dumb merkin.

i think the hartleys will roll the dogs personally.will be a good game when it appears.

Charlie124

First Grade
My guess.

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ash Graham
3. Antonio Winterstein
4. Kane Linnett/Brent Tate (when fit)
5. Kalifa Faifai-Loa
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Robert Lui/Ray Thompson
8. Matt Scott
9. Aaron Payne
10. James Tamou/Ashton Sims
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Glen Hall/Tariq Sims (when fit)
13. Dallas Johson

14. James Segeyaro
15. Scott Bolton
16. Glen Hall/Tariq Sims/Ashton Sims
17. James Tamololo/Corey Paterson

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Reece Robinson
6. Terry Campese (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Brett White
9. Travis Waddell
10. David Shillington
11. Josh Papalii
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Glen Buttriss
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Dane Tilse
17. Joel Thompson

Our full strength team and we have everyone available for Round 1.

Joel Thompson has moved into the pack where he is much better suited IMO. Berrigan has been training the house down, has played well in the trials and apparently is having a very positive influence on the young guys. Our pack is so strong that regulars like Thurling or Picker won't get a look in unless injuries strike. I am holding out hope for a much better 2012 for the Raiders. Also a player to watch out for this year as an underrated performer - Reece 'Lightning' Robinson. I would be shocked if he's not near the top tryscorers list this year.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
Also a player to watch out for this year as an underrated performer - Reece 'Lightning' Robinson. I would be shocked if he's not near the top tryscorers list this year.
Unless he is a mutant and completely transformed himself into an actual RL player since he left us, I highly doubt that... :crazy:

Unless he is a mutant and completely transformed himself into an actual RL player since he left us, I highly doubt that... :crazy:

I'm not saying he's anywhere near rep standard, but he is very fast and knows how to finish a try ... just wait and see. And yes, he's a much better player than he was back then. He's even a much better player than he was in 2010 with us.

mongoose

Coach
1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Reece Robinson
6. Terry Campese (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Brett White
9. Travis Waddell
10. David Shillington
11. Josh Papalii
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Glen Buttriss
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Dane Tilse
17. Joel Thompson

Our full strength team and we have everyone available for Round 1.

Joel Thompson has moved into the pack where he is much better suited IMO. Berrigan has been training the house down, has played well in the trials and apparently is having a very positive influence on the young guys. Our pack is so strong that regulars like Thurling or Picker won't get a look in unless injuries strike. I am holding out hope for a much better 2012 for the Raiders. Also a player to watch out for this year as an underrated performer - Reece 'Lightning' Robinson. I would be shocked if he's not near the top tryscorers list this year.

I really dont know why Harrison deserves a walk up start. He was rubbish last year plus his defense has always been overrated. Sure he makes a lot of tackles but he also misses a lot. Would rather Picker in the side over him tbh.

Raider_69

Post Whore
harrison has pretty much been our top performer in the trials mate, from what ive read he's been killing them

there are 3 facts about bronson harrison

1. his 2011 was one of the worst season ive ever seen
2. outside of his 2011 season he's been one of the best signings the club has made in a decade.
3. at his best, he is our best 2nd rower, without a shadow of a doubt

from the sound of it, we might get the real Bronson Harrison, rather than the imposter who showed up in 2011. I think IBG's team is pretty much spot on

Big Pete

Referee
Parker does have a hamstring and is expected to miss round 1 mate. He injured it vs titans and went off early and did not return.

Yow Yeh i'm not sure on, though i did hear he screwed his shoulder last trial. Anyone at the storm game who can confirm.

No he isn't, it was confirmed weeks ago he'd be fine for Round 1.

Yow Yeh took a knock to the shoulder and was taken off the field for precautionary reasons. Scans didn't reveal any major damage and he should be right.

I hope not. We shouldn't be shuffling around key positions. I'm confident Tedesco is more than good enough.

I have a lot of faith in Tedesco too, he's been good in the trials and will do a good job, but I have no problem in Sheens giving him 60 minutes in the early games, especially if the game is just about over by then. The kid is still 18 years old and only debuted in the 20s midway through last season, let him ease into the top grade. The Miller suggestion was in case Sheens wants to blood him too, but if Moltzen is our long term 7 option then there isn't much point to it and he'd be better off having 2 of Utai/Brown/Beau on the wings and the 3rd one on the bench. Of course with that set up he can also move Utai into lock if he has to.

LESStar58

Referee
1.Slater 2. Duffie 3. Nielsen 4. Blair 5. Fonua 6. Widdop 7. Cronk 8. J. Bromwhich 9. Smith 10. Norrie 11. Proctor 12. Hoffman 13. Hinchcliffe

Res: 14. Kostjaysn 15. Greenfield 16. Manu 17. Ryles (if fit).

My biggest complaint is too many outside backs and not enough big forwards. Why we would resign Will Chambers after going to so much effort to retain Maurice Blair is a mystery. The only sure thing in the three-quarters in 2012 will be Matt Duffie- the rest of them will be fighting for their spot in first grade. I actually envision some of the outside backs not getting enough game time either asking for permission to negotiate with other clubs and some of them potentially moving mid season. Sisa Waqa (who I hope doesnt see any first grade) and Quinn will be the casualties of the cull. I also remember talk of Nielsen going back to Cronulla a while back. Trim the excess fat in the outside backs and sign a reasonable prop or two would be my next move.

Mahe Fonua has shown enough on some pretty solid trial form that he has the ability to shake up the make up of our back line. He'll be the big surprise in 2012.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
No he isn't, it was confirmed weeks ago he'd be fine for Round 1.

Yow Yeh took a knock to the shoulder and was taken off the field for precautionary reasons. Scans didn't reveal any major damage and he should be right.

How dare you question the word of Doooogiesbraaaaah!!!!

He preoccupies himself with the comings and goings of other clubs more than his own. He knows all Big Pete.

The real mystery team this year the Donkeys. Rocks or diamonds for them I think. As much as I HATE them I thnk they will go well if they get Hoffman into the 6. Time will tell....

Back in your corner Dooogiesbraaaaaah.