What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your three favourite players of all time

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yeah i know the topic is very basic, but this forum has been pretty slow recently so i wanted to try and add something.

Mine ( unbiased offcourse)

1. Bruce Smith ( Buffalo), argurably the greatest defensive end in the history of the game. Came to Buffalo as a first round pick ( i think 85), and his presence was immediate. He Cornelius bennet, Darrayl Talley were the corner stone of the great Buffalo defense sides from 89-94.

2. Warren Moon ( Houston Oilers/ Minnesota) this guy is probably one of the most underated Quarter backs ever, however whilst with the Oilers he led argurably one of the greatest Offenses in the game. Unfortunately he never experienced a superbowl ring, But the Oilers side from 89-94 were a gun uniy who could put massive numbers against the best defenses.

3. Emmit Smith ( Dallas Cowboys) I feel sick for even putting him before the likes of Kelly, Reed etc but i have to admit, this guy was amazing. For his size he had incredible strength and very deceptive speed, hardly ever wa he taken one on one regardless of his size, a true champion and from all reports a great person.

These are just your personal favourites so post whoever, just dont post Dan Marino or jeff Hostetler;-):lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
1. Ray Lewis - inspirational, gutsy...Wow

2. Brian Urlacher - imo the best MLB in the game right now. Has speed, size, agility, a good footy brain...

3. Brett Favre - unusual pick, seeing as I love a scrambling QB. But Brett's off-field modesty and humility, combined with his on-field leadership, determination and courage, have me glued to my seat every time he plays. Which will no longer happen, unfortunately. :(

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Jerry Rice - GOAT
Steve Young - One of the best ever.
Patrick Willis - Will be the best MLB to play the game ever!

legend

Coach
John Elway. Best QB ever. Nuff said!

Terrell Davis. Injury ruined what would have been the best RB career of all time.

John Lynch. Personofies professionalism and leadership in professional sport.

Bumble

First Grade
1. Todd Heap - everything I love about the TE position and plays for the Ravens

2. Brett Favre - Complete legend and the main reason I started watching NFL

3. Ray Lewis - Won us the Superbowl!!

Big Tim

First Grade
1. Steve Atwater (I loved the way he played)
2. Sean Taylor
3. Clinton Portis

I love my Miami U guys..... 4th is every U player in the NFL.

legend

Coach
Great list there Tim. Portis was Denver's last stud RB and I was a huge fan of Sean Taylor. As for Atwater, he was a beast and set the standard for the modern safety.

Tommy Smith

Referee
  • Barry Sanders - has anyone ever seen a better RB?
  • Deion Sanders - Prime Time could run like the wind, so graceful, so entertaining
  • someone else called Sanders
  • or Dan Marino - the best pure passer in the game's history

Big Tim

First Grade
legend said:
Great list there Tim. Portis was Denver's last stud RB and I was a huge fan of Sean Taylor. As for Atwater, he was a beast and set the standard for the modern safety.

I remember him in the Superbowl knocking himself out to force a dropped ball. He played hard and hit harder..... Sean Taylor played much the same way.

When CP got drafted to the Broncos I actually changed my alliance from the Skins for 2 years (still loved the Skins, but watched as much Broncos as I could) It was a great day for me when my favourite Miami back got traded to my team.

Foz

Bench
Steve Young-Great Player
Broadway Joe-Dont know why?Just liked the guy.Maybe he had an ego but I liked him.
And for 1 year a guy called the Refrigerator.Played for Chicago and I slowly lost track of him.
He was one real big bloke.Just loved to see him smash them.Give him the ball a few yards out from the line in the NRL would be interesting.
Still cant remember his name and I dont want to know it.He'll always be the Refrigerator.Lol.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
  • Barry Sanders - has anyone ever seen a better RB?
  • Deion Sanders - Prime Time could run like the wind, so graceful, so entertaining
  • someone else called Sanders
  • or Dan Marino - the best pure passer in the game's history

Deion sanders is the greatest corner ever. He totally shut down one side of the field and gave the opposition limited options, a remarkable player/athlete.

Barry Sanders was the best imo, pitty he never won a superbowl.

Marino was over-rated:p

Karmawave

Bench
Barry Sanders - retired way too young! Best ever!

Brian Urlacher - Unreal gutsy LB when healthy is unstoppable.

Peyton Manning - He is a genius.

Big Tim

First Grade
Cupid Stunt said:
I still cant get it down to three...

Stoopid bloody topic! :lol:

Mate, I felt the same....

Art Monk, the entire Hogs line, LaVar Arrington, Darrell Green, Elway, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Chris Cooley, Ed Reed, Jon Vilma.......

I literally just picked the first 3 that came to me..... but TBH Atwater came to me after Taylor, but I realised what I liked about Taylor was the Atwater style.

DeeGan

Bench
Way too hard for me to narrow it down to three players, I have too many. I will list some though, I appologise in advance for the bias that may reek here :D

(In no particular order)

* Ray Lewis - I just love the passion the guy brings to the field. He is a leader (and a former Hurricane).

* Derek Brooks - See Ray Lewis minus the playing for The U part.

* Warren Sapp - See Ray Lewis. It was sad to see him finish his career in a Raiders uniform though.

* John Lynch - You don't love football if you don't love what Lynch brings to his team. More so as a Buc, but still doing it for the Broncos despite being on the wrong side of 30 (sob).

* Steve Young - What a player. If he wasn't behind a guy called Joe Montana for so long, who knows what type of numbers and awards he might have put up. He was once-upon-a-time a Buc too :D

* Brett Favre - The Steve Waugh of the NFL in terms of he is the guy I want playing QB if my life depends on it.

* Barry Sanders - The best RB of all-time. The end. On what was a crappy team for all barring a season or three, his numbers are mind blowing. There is no "woulda, shoulda or coulda" about Barry. He tore my Bucs apart and every other team in the NFL.

If he and Emmit swapped teams for their careers, I know Sanders would have ate up the yards a lot quicker than Smith when chasing down Payton and retired as the All-time Leading Rusher setting a number that might not have been reached. I am not so sure Smith would have been putting up equal numbers to Sanders as a Lion.

* Vinny Testarverde - Came from The U to the Bucs and sucked. But, he was there when it all began for me as a Bucs fan and I have enjoyed following career.

* Jerry Rice - The Greatest WR of All-time.

* Michael Irvin - Another from The U who I just loved watching play.

That will do for now :lol:

DeeGan

Bench
/\

Add Deion 'Primetime' Sanders. If there was one guy who take out Rice in his prime, it was Sanders (see a few of the games where it was Sanders playing for Atlanta in his prime taking on Rice - magic!)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Foz said:
Steve Young-Great Player
Broadway Joe-Dont know why?Just liked the guy.Maybe he had an ego but I liked him.
And for 1 year a guy called the Refrigerator.Played for Chicago and I slowly lost track of him.
He was one real big bloke.Just loved to see him smash them.Give him the ball a few yards out from the line in the NRL would be interesting.
Still cant remember his name and I dont want to know it.He'll always be the Refrigerator.Lol.

William "The Refridgerator" Perry.

Latest posts