What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tips for first week of the finals

renouf

Juniors
Newcastle vs Manly - Knights by 8
Brisbane vs St.George - Brisbane by 6
Bulldogs vs Raiders - Bulldogs by 14
Storm vs Eels - Storm by 10

Bicey_18

Bench
Knights Def Eagles 22-12
Dragons Def Broncos 20-16
Raiders Def Bulldogs 24-22
Storm Def Eels 28-18

dragondad

First Grade
Knights Def Eagles 18-14
Dragons Def Broncos 22-16
Bulldogs Def Raiders 32-24
Storm Def Eels 36-16

gregstar

Referee
newcastle - at home, rested & focused, over manly who may have had the stuffing knocked out of them by the storm & with kennedy's fitness still clouded.
brisbane - at home & in better form than saints.
raiders - upset win - the dogs seem to be running out of steam at the wrong time without some handy players.
storm - if parra had all their props, it would be an interesting tussle. but they look out on their feet with backrowers having to do twice the work they normally do, leaving no energy to run wide. in short - they're f*cked. pity that their luck has abandoned them (injury-wise) but a great effort to turn the season around nonetheless. cricket score on the way.

Fathead

Bench
I reckon ..
Manly will beat the Knights
Brisbane will beat the Saints
Dogs will smash the Raiders
and....
The eels will beat the storm..... (which will be the upset of the century)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Manly (gut feeling)
Brisbane
50/50 call, I'll go with the Raiders but I'll wait till the teams come out.
Storm.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
gregstar said:
storm - if parra had all their props, it would be an interesting tussle.

Rumour has it Caylo and Vella will take jerseys 8 and 10 on Sunday. The Eels have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Newcastle 22 Manly 10. Manly haven't looked the goods for a couple of weeks now, only just scraping in against our boys and falling to a relatively out of sorts Storm. The Knights are rested and focused and AJ the FC is back on deck. It'll be close but two late tries should seal it for Newie.

Brisbane 13 Dragons 12. In extra time. I really think these two sides can turn it on and step up now, and I think Brissy will be surprised by the Saints gutsy performance. Locky field goals seem a specialty these days so here's one for him.

Bulldogs 32 Raiders 28. Very similar to last time, except I think we actually will come from behind this time, and not fall short. Willie will make his presence felt, particularly second half. Bye bye Canberra!

Eels 20 Storm 8. Yes, I'm picking it. The Eels have two awesome players coming back and there was some promising play in the first half from Parra that indicates to me that if they apply themselves on Sunday, they will catch the Storm napping and will win it.

That leaves Saints and Canberra on the sidelines week two, while Newcastle will play Melbourne at Aussie on Friday, and Parra will face the Manly side at Aussie on Saturday. The winners of these clashes would face Canterbury and Brisbane respectively, at Aussie and Telstra respectively.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why would I bother? Doesn't involve my team. :| I don't see why, because I'm predicting an upset, that I have to "test my confidence"..

mepelthwack

Juniors
5th to 8th all win.

3rd and 4th eliminated.

5th and 6th leapfrong 1st and 2nd to the week off.

and the McIntyre System should finally be abolished.

Razor

Coach
Newcastle vs Manly - Knights by 6
Brisbane vs St.George - Dragons by 4
Bulldogs vs Raiders - Bulldogs by 22
Storm vs Eels - Storm by 8 if Cayless plays. Storm by 28 if Cayless doesn't play.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
mepelthwack said:
5th to 8th all win.

3rd and 4th eliminated.

5th and 6th leapfrong 1st and 2nd to the week off.

and the McIntyre System should finally be abolished.

I'd like to see that!!! :shock: