What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youth Policy

Kid

Juniors
Well in a way, i say thank God it's all over. Manly have finally put us out of our misery. Now imho, it's time for Sheens to expose our youth as much as possible for the rest of the year. There is no better time to take the risk when there is nothing to lose.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We've got nothing.

Our youth players are too small and get hammered everytime they hit up the ball.

We're farked.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
:roll:

Some people must be kidding. You guys magically think all these young guys are gonna turn into great first graders. For gods sake, they try hard but there just simply not good enough. None of these reserve graders can perform a better game than "mistake free". Fulton can come in and make 25 tackles or so, but not look like doing anything in attack bar getting smashed.

You can call for all these youth players to guide us through all you want, but its only the senior players like Hodgson, Senter, Galea, Richards who will can hold there heads up.

Vicious

Bench
_A_J_Gray_ said:

Some people must be kidding. You guys magically think all these young guys are gonna turn into great first graders. For gods sake, they try hard but there just simply not good enough. None of these reserve graders can perform a better game than "mistake free". Fulton can come in and make 25 tackles or so, but not look like doing anything in attack bar getting smashed.

You can call for all these youth players to guide us through all you want, but its only the senior players like Hodgson, Senter, Galea, Richards who will can hold there heads up.
Don`t blame Fulton.He`s been played out of position everytime he`s played!Collis looked disappointingly nervous today,but got a little better as the game went on.Harrison threw that intercept thet proved very costly,but apart from that was our most damaging forward when running the ball.Halatau did nothing wrong,he ran hard and did his fair share of defence as usual!The experienced players need to take more responsibility,hold the ball and lead the way rather than waiting until we can`t win,then start having a go!

phenisha

Juniors
there is a diference between a good youth policy and our current one. the main problem is all of our guys that we bring into 1st grade are just too young maybe in 2006 we might be a show with these blokes but untill then we should buy young players who are solid now ie paul whatuever, the only young bloke who is playing over his age is dene. all the others are still physically small and it really shows, at least they are getting some experience for the next few years

Kid

Juniors
_A_J_Gray_ said:

Roll your eyes all you want pal. I don't think anything magic is going to happen by bringing in the young guys, and i'm not expecting any miracles from them for the rest of the year. All i want is to EXPOSE them to 1st grade for the rest of the year as there will be NO pressure on about the 8.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
SouthernTiger said:
Richards???? geez and here I was thinking he looked like a park footballer

What did he do wrong? He dropped a few balls yeah? Can you really blame him for anything else. He was bundled in to touch where basically nothing else was going to happen. People might blame him from one of the tries where he was in? If so Its 4 on 1 , man in the sin bin, we were always gonna be short.

Vicious

Bench
Kid said:
_A_J_Gray_ said:

Roll your eyes all you want pal. I don't think anything magic is going to happen by bringing in the young guys, and i'm not expecting any miracles from them for the rest of the year. All i want is to EXPOSE them to 1st grade for the rest of the year as there will be NO pressure on about the 8.
Exactly right.These group of players have now once and for all proven that they aren`t up to 1st grade themselves.We could have played the development squad today and I doubt they would have done much worse!For the record I reckon Galea and Hodgson were the only players who can hold their heads up high after todays effort.Others like Senter only started running with a bit of purpose when they realised the game was over!

SouthernTiger

Juniors
It could be the dropped balls, it could also be the fact he offers nothing in attack. He is the slowest winger since Covell :)

cheers

s. tiger

btw in no way do I blame him for that try

BuffaloRules

Coach
_A_J_Gray_ said:
SouthernTiger said:
Richards???? geez and here I was thinking he looked like a park footballer

What did he do wrong?

Whats he done right in the last four weeks??

I was prepared to give him some benefit of the doubt after his injury lay off, but from what I've seen he hasn't got much......

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
- Richards slower than Covell? Sheesh thats a bit harsh.

- Last week Richards was good, and I still dont think he was as bad today as people make him out to be.

- And Senter defended well for the first 20 - 25 minutes when he was on , and we didnt touch the ball hardly. He then came on with 15 - 20 to go and was very good. So yes he can hold his hea dup high.

Famous1

Juniors
SouthernTiger said:
It could be the dropped balls, it could also be the fact he offers nothing in attack. He is the slowest winger since Covell :)

cheers

s. tiger

btw in no way do I blame him for that try
obviously jamie lyon is even slower. lyon couldnt catch richards in the 7's

SouthernTiger

Juniors
i love when people use sevens to back up an argument - wes patten. And btw apparently shane eflord is the second quickest in the NRL over 40m :) its a pity that when he hits the 40 he starts walking :)

cheers
s. tiger

HappyTiger

Juniors
I thought Richards was good today.He is a winger and its not his job to get in and do the hard yards.He handled himself well and was at the back when it counted.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
im with you Happy. Everyones giving it to him but he was reasonable. When he actually did go in and take a run from dummy half, he made more metres than anyone.

Kid

Juniors
HappyTiger said:
I thought Richards was good today.He is a winger and its not his job to get in and do the hard yards.He handled himself well and was at the back when it counted.
I agree and disagree. I didn't feel he was too bad, although did make some mistakes. I disagree in that it's not his job to do the hard yards. All good wingers come in and take pressure off their forwards by getting into half and having a run. Ours seem to struggle to make the impact of some other teams in this regard.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Give it some time mate and I am sure he will. When he does get in there and take some hitups he looks very good, gains metre, runs hard and over the advantage line.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Good to see you guys sticking up for Pat, i thought he had a dig in a well beaten side. he may've spilt the ball a few times but again he looked better for the run and is improving with each match.

Latest posts