What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

I can agree with your theory HOD, but DeBelin should be harbouring nothing, not after the way the club stood by him, if anything he should have been dismissed after this incident.
“The club stood by him” that’s so understated, you guys went above and beyond for him so many times.

A similar opportunity provided to Junior Amone. Tristan was believed and Lucy welcomed back despite my personal views on his conduct, which I will concede were not bourne out legally. But I stand by them.

And I won’t start on about Bunt and his stain on the jersey last year ( that won’t wash out).

There’s been a general pattern of forgiveness and care.

I know some of the posters here don’t think that helps build a club.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
I have read all the negativity towards Zac on this thread, from disloyalty , greed, being a show pony to having his manager script his quotes.
While I'm not ruling out a clash of personalites between he and Flanagan or Hunt, or both, my take for the major reason he turned his back on his final two years with the club he'd bleed for, is that the man has finally had a gut full of having to go in search of the ball due to the poor service from our inept halves year after year. Lay bets that over the past three seasons you could count on two hands the times Zac has gotten clean ball in space instead of having to confront three hulking defenders waiting to shove his face into the turf. He wont have this problem at the Eels as I see his game going to another level given their quality halves and spine.
O, not the Lomax “ clean ball “ Narrative Again ! The fact that he hasnt beaten anyone on the outside for 5 years is due to severe lack of pace, not clean ball. Sure he makes up for it in other skills but acceleration has not been his friend .

I would have thought the fact that Hunt was after an extension as soon as Lomax signed with Parra was an indicator that there was tension in the team and it was with Lomax.Why would Hunt want to leave , and then suddenly want his contract extended with no more Lomax. I also assume Flanno could see who the problem was and was quite happy to let him go

Ultimately, the club didn’t want a player dictating their terms beyond a certain point. Otherwise, the floodgates open don’t they?
With respect a certain Ben Hunt did precisely this too. The difference between he and Zac was that he was the club half and captain and ALLOWING HIM TO LEAVE WOULD HAVE CAUSED GREATER DISRUPTION, EVEN TENSION. Was easier on the reputation of the BOD to permit Zac to leave instead.

denis preston

First Grade
With respect a certain Ben Hunt did precisely this too. The difference between he and Zac was that he was the club half and captain and ALLOWING HIM TO LEAVE WOULD HAVE CAUSED GREATER DISRUPTION, EVEN TENSION. Was easier on the reputation of the BOD to permit Zac to leave instead.
FFS BG, your fixation with Hunt mirrors Hornby & Flanagan. gets a bit boring after a while.

Insightful explanation from Zac

'I'm not too sure why', but thanks for trying Zac - clear as mud.

Wonder what bombshell he'll drop once he's donned the blue and gold.

Gunna be a right doosey - I reckon

Dragon David

First Grade
Insightful explanation from Zac

'I'm not too sure why', but thanks for trying Zac - clear as mud.

Wonder what bombshell he'll drop once he's donned the blue and gold.

Gunna be a right doosey - I reckon
"Duh! Now why am I wanting to leave the Dragons? I can't remember. Which club will I be going to next year? Could one of youse let me know".

56to66

Juniors
A premiership winning team needs at least 1 very good Halfback or 5/8, then a Hooker, and Fullback.
1 great prop
1 great edge backrower.
2 very Tall Strong wingers.
The center position is no longer the prince position unless you're Reg Gasnier!
Zac would have been a great winger under Flanno.

Dragon David

First Grade
A premiership winning team needs at least 1 very good Halfback or 5/8, then a Hooker, and Fullback.
1 great prop
1 great edge backrower.
2 very Tall Strong wingers.
The center position is no longer the prince position unless you're Reg Gasnier!
Zac would have been a great winger under Flanno.
Yep, he is the type of winger that we have lacked for some time. Takes the ball up to help the forwards on many occasions, chases the high ball kicks to try and retrieve it and set up a try for others if not himself, follows through chip kicks to his side to take and score, has a great leap and can defend with resilience. Too bad he is leaving.

Gardenia

Juniors
I think Hunt may have pushed Lomax out actually.
That might have been harsh. I meant I think there was tension between them and I think Flanagan has seen this and has listened to Hunt more then Lomax possibly and things have not gone Lomax way. Its just you can see that Hunt does not have alot of time for him. I am not laying blame either way or the other, as who knows what the story is there behind it.

Sage63

Juniors
Yep, he is the type of winger that we have lacked for some time. Takes the ball up to help the forwards on many occasions, chases the high ball kicks to try and retrieve it and set up a try for others if not himself, follows through chip kicks to his side to take and score, has a great leap and can defend with resilience. Too bad he is leaving.
Oh well.

Latest posts