What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I didn't like the way Lomax riffed on Hook last year (or the year before) on Fox with Fletch and Hindy.
I didn't care much for Hook either, but I thought it was smug, unprofessional and disrespectful. If I'd have been Hook I'd have dropped him.
Thanks for everything, Zac, but I'm sure we can do better.
In the same episode, Lomax along with Lawrie also publicly put a lot of shit on Dufty too.

thebigredv

First Grade
Surely we all recall late, very late last year Lomax hit a purple patch. His efforts went up and his match involvements went up and he was pretty much the main shining light at the time.

Clearly all linked to him trying to impress for his new contract.

I'm not saying he is a player that is always devoid of effort - far from it actually - but he is one so-so rugby league centre. A rival team might be about to waste a lot of their cap on a non- match winner type player. My parra mates don't want him and I don't see any club giving up a high quality player in exchange for him. More likely will end up on a reduced contract elsewhere.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I don't get it and I'm disappointed we're letting Lomax go. So far our recruitment has been the son of the coach, a bench forward from Souths, a bench forward from Melbourne, and an out of favour player from the Dogs. Every good player we targeted, Dearden, Fonua-Blake, Manu, wanted nothing to do with us. And yet when we have a half-decent player on the books, we're happy to let him go? What the hell is the strategy here? And don't feed me the line about using the money to get a better player, because all the evidence so far says better players aren't interested!

mattchuot

Juniors
I don't get it and I'm disappointed we're letting Lomax go. So far our recruitment has been the son of the coach, a bench forward from Souths, a bench forward from Melbourne, and an out of favour player from the Dogs. Every good player we targeted, Dearden, Fonua-Blake, Manu, wanted nothing to do with us. And yet when we have a half-decent player on the books, we're happy to let him go? What the hell is the strategy here? And don't feed me the line about using the money to get a better player, because all the evidence so far says better players aren't interested!
If you look on the bright side of things, 4 of our 5 signings have performed admirably for the club so far with only Sele yet to get a chance due to his injury. So even though we haven’t landed a “big fish”, Flanno has made some astute signings and done a great job with the recruitment so far in my opinion. Big name players will eventually come onto the market and a signing or two will come in due course. When that time arrives, I trust Flanno to get it right because so far he hasn’t made any mistakes recruitment-wise from what I can see.

If you look on the bright side of things, 4 of our 5 signings have performed admirably for the club so far with only Sele yet to get a chance due to his injury. So even though we haven’t landed a “big fish”, Flanno has made some astute signings and done a great job with the recruitment so far in my opinion. Big name players will eventually come onto the market and a signing or two will come in due course. When that time arrives, I trust Flanno to get it right because so far he hasn’t made any mistakes recruitment-wise from what I can see.
Flannos contract needs extending so he can plan and build the roster.

Not worry about the short term.

Which makes Lomax’s release more courageous at this point because it would have been good to keep him without him whinging every week and the bad humour infecting the club.

I’m pretty brutal, if I had a player like that on my books, I’d have to curtail his participation in certain ways.

I know it’s a business, but it’s a bit of a slap in the face to other players who are loyal and those who’ve just arrived, working just as hard but on half the money.

And a Corey Allan, who turns up genuinely excited and happy to be part of SGI when the doomsayers were trying to shove a spoon down your throat in October.

All of us indulging in the pre-season utterances of Flanno, antennae out and trying to pick up signals, understand that of the whole nightmare, the adverse event that moved him the most was the loss of Allen. Flanno was gutted.

Lomax has made his bed….

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
Marquee players don't usually come to bottom 8 clubs unless they are paid way above their market value. To get Fonua-Blake Sharks paid $1M per year for 4 years. 2 years of it maybe write off due to his age. And is there a lucrative 3rd party deal with Sharks too.

Illusion

Bench
Oh please do. Send Bird with him, remove the dead wood now treading water in Ressies, then promote one of our promising juniors to replace Zac. Only then will the Red V ship be heading in the direction we want.
Yep until captain Sook is gone , then the rebuild will be on ...... Is this true that he is leaving end of this year , Fitler and Johns mentioned this somewhere ........ I am definitely over him .......

I don't get it and I'm disappointed we're letting Lomax go.
Same here, but mate we seem to be in the minority. If a guy who has given his all for the Red V jumper since his junior days, suddenly wants to leave the club that he is passionate about, then there is something behind this that we are not being told. I reckon there has been a falling out between Flanagan and Lomax and when push came to shove one of the two had to go. Naturally not the newly appointed coach with his vision for the club, so Zac was the fall guy.

Last edited:
Tele scribes were today throwing around some possible candidates to replace Lomax. All were promising juniors, Sione Finau, Savelio Tamale, probably the favorites, then there were guys from Ball Cup, Jessie Williams, Hayden Buchanan, David Afu, even the pocket rocket Tyler Peckam-Harris. The poor relation of the NSW RL, the Flegg Cup missed out.
Flanagan, tho will probably bypass Finau and Tamale (yet to be resigned) and go to the market.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From what I have heard it is nothing to do with Flanno or the players but the club in general. Lomax not happy with how the club operates or where they are heading which I find strange. The source of this is from a mate of his but he would not elaborate anymore in respect for Zac. Whether that is true or not nobody knows.

It's done and dusted now so we must move on and hope he continues this form for the rest of the season as he has been awesome every game. If he does not perform it will be simple for Flanno to drop him now seeing he will not be part of the future so if he wants to play NRL in 2024, he has to put in 100%. If he gets selected for NSW he has Flanno to thank as he would not get picked otherwise. That in it self is crazy if that happens as he is leaving a coach who has taken him to the next level of his career and that is playing reps to a new coach that simply may not like his attitude and drop him after a few games. Lets face it he has had issues with Hook in the past and some say is pi$$ed with Flanno because he was moved to wing so may be a prickly character and the good coaches don't take that crap from players.

jeffdragon

Bench
From what I have heard it is nothing to do with Flanno or the players but the club in general. Lomax not happy with how the club operates or where they are heading which I find strange. The source of this is from a mate of his but he would not elaborate anymore in respect for Zac. Whether that is true or not nobody knows.

It's done and dusted now so we must move on and hope he continues this form for the rest of the season as he has been awesome every game. If he does not perform it will be simple for Flanno to drop him now seeing he will not be part of the future so if he wants to play NRL in 2024, he has to put in 100%. If he gets selected for NSW he has Flanno to thank as he would not get picked otherwise. That in it self is crazy if that happens as he is leaving a coach who has taken him to the next level of his career and that is playing reps to a new coach that simply may not like his attitude and drop him after a few games. Lets face it he has had issues with Hook in the past and some say is pi$$ed with Flanno because he was moved to wing so may be a prickly character and the good coaches don't take that crap from players.
We are finally going forward under a new coach and he wants to leave.

Joey Johns has urged our club to pursue this guy (below), gun Eels junior half Ethan Sanders, using the money freed up by Zac Lomax's departure.
1712185839604.jpeg
From memory he partnered Lachlan Galvin in the last Aussie Schoolboys match. We also have our own promising halves in Nick Quinn, Kade Reed, Ashton Ward.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Would be a smart contract for the dragons

left footed left side half

can play

maybe he has been the angle we have been moving towards and Zac allows this to happen if Parra get something they want when loosing a half that can’t fit in their starting team now

Latest posts