What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

since77

Juniors

Who writes this rubbish. Calling Lomax a speedster. Never once saw him outsprint or burn his opponent.
I love the gall of the comment - "I was chucked onto the wing."
Yeah Zac and then you were "chucked" into State Of Origin and Australian teams. On the wing. What an absolute flog.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Yeah Zac and then you were "chucked" into State Of Origin and Australian teams. On the wing. What an absolute flog.
It's surprising, but Zac seems totally unable to accept that someone else might know how best to use Zac's talents. Jason Nightingale said much the same thing after having a "play where it is best for the team" chat with Zac when the move to the wing was first implemented. If someone's opinion differs to Zac's, then he just doesn't listen!

since77

Juniors
It's surprising, but Zac seems totally unable to accept that someone else might know how best to use Zac's talents. Jason Nightingale said much the same thing after having a "play where it is best for the team" chat with Zac when the move to the wing was first implemented. If someone's opinion differs to Zac's, then he just doesn't listen!
Yeah Zac lost me when I heard that interview with Jason Nightingale earlier in the year. Was super obvious Zac had a fairly large "me first" problem.

Trifili13

Juniors
Yeah Zac lost me when I heard that interview with Jason Nightingale earlier in the year. Was super obvious Zac had a fairly large "me first" problem.
If a 'me' attitude is good enough for the captain it can filter through to some players. While I might joke about culture when players sign for 'unders' at clubs due to their culture, it is very important when it comes to attitude and that starts from the captain and senior leadership group. We don't have a captain and enough senior players that tell the younger guys to pull their head in and do what's best for the team like leading teams around the world in all forms of sport.

hewi

Bench
So Zac plays centre for the Eels like he did for us, he won’t get picked on that basis as a SOO centre but would he be chosen as a winger again when he hasn’t been playing there for the Eels? I doubt it, personally I think Zac has kicked an own goal.

Old Timer

Coach
You're the flog because you shortened his interview to suit your hate Lomax agenda.

According to the interview this is what he actually said.

“I pride myself on competing on everything. I did all my pre-season at fullback, then I got chucked on to the wing.

“I was confident coming into this season, and I came in with the mentality of wherever I played, I wanted to nail that position and be the best possible [player] in that position.

“I pride myself on being a footy player. I love playing wing. I’ve loved every minute of this season. But I want to play centre.”

Any person with any comprehension skills would work out his use of the word "chucked" was not sinister but more a sign of his limited vocabulary.

After all, S F did say that Lomax would get a shot at FB and it never actually eventuated which is what he tries to encapsulate in the first paragraph.

If the word "chucked" had sinister connotations then why would he then say "I love playing wing but I want to play centre"?

Lomax isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he has his reasons for leaving and at no stage has he bad-mouthed the club, his team mates or S F.

since77

Juniors
You're the flog because you shortened his interview to suit your hate Lomax agenda.

According to the interview this is what he actually said.

“I pride myself on competing on everything. I did all my pre-season at fullback, then I got chucked on to the wing.

“I was confident coming into this season, and I came in with the mentality of wherever I played, I wanted to nail that position and be the best possible [player] in that position.

“I pride myself on being a footy player. I love playing wing. I’ve loved every minute of this season. But I want to play centre.”

Any person with any comprehension skills would work out his use of the word "chucked" was not sinister but more a sign of his limited vocabulary.

After all, S F did say that Lomax would get a shot at FB and it never actually eventuated which is what he tries to encapsulate in the first paragraph.

If the word "chucked" had sinister connotations then why would he then say "I love playing wing but I want to play centre"?

Lomax isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he has his reasons for leaving and at no stage has he bad-mouthed the club, his team mates or S F.
Seriously OT. You've been around even longer than me so you're 100% aware that the word "chucked" is always negative when used like this. Even a footballer would choose his words a bit more carefully and used something like "switched to" or "moved to". The word "chucked" was 100% deliberate. But if you want to drink the Kool Aid go for it.
And where did you get the I hate Lomax thing from? For years on this forum I was one of his biggest defenders while most here had decided he was second rate and error prone. To this day he's still one of the most naturally gifted footballers I've seen come through our systems and I was saying that from the time he debuted. I thought he was treated terribly and made a scapegoat by an inept coach out of his depth when he was dropped by Griffin last year. It's a huge shame he's finally reached his potential via a coaching masterstroke from SF and has decided he apparently wanted to "challenge himself" at another club.
Now that's he leaving he's just another player who has left to play for another club and I'll treat him with the contempt I would have for any opposition player. (The only two players I've maintained a soft spot for after they left were BMoz and Sowie.)
I don't hate Zac but I will enjoy it if and when he stuffs up or goes backwards, particularly if its at Kogarah or WIN. I've just offered my opinion on what he has said in the first few interviews he has done after he has left the club. None of them IMO has painted his attitude towards the club or the coach who finally unlocked him in a particularly good light IMO. You obviously read it differently.
As I said in a recent post on this thread the interview earlier in the year with Jason Nightingale was the first hint that Zac had more than just a small attitude problem. I tend to agree with Nighty.

Latest posts