What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zach Herring

Victoire

Juniors
Absolutely braining it in NSW Cup at the moment. Another member of that premiership-winning 2019 SG Ball team (he played back row!) alongside Sullivan, Sloan and the Feagais. Got his first and only taste of NRL in the St Helens trial back in February and he didn't look out of place at all. With Josh Kerr vacating a spot in the top 30 Herring might be the man to take it?

Only issue with Herring is his defence needs to improve to go up to first grade football.
He was found out a few times last Sunday against fairly average opposition.
His kicking and passing game, and organising skills seem to be always improving.
I like the suggestion I read here a while back to elevate him to the Development Squad in 2024.

dungay dragon

Juniors
This season is rooted bring him up and throw him in with Sullivan to see what they can do. Don’t care about the spoon any more. Be bold.
Yep this
Im sure Flanno wants us to look to the future following the Hunt debacle.
Lets have a look at Herring and Co in top grade , esp at home , and see what they ve got
At the very least they will bring enthusiasm and pride to pull on the famous jumper with the Big Red V

Victoire

Juniors
Lets give Sullivan a fair crack before Herring. Sullivan was excelent in his first game in the NRL and after that was screwed over by Hook. He is now getting some games and is looking good. Amone may still come good.

Herring can be 3rd choice however and not Mbye.
Oh yeah for sure, Sullivan is the guy. I was more about auditioning a halves partner for him

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We have to find a half replacement in this debacle… maybe it’s Roosters and give a path to Sam Walker as a 6 to partner Sullivan. Herring a great 13 prospect.
Based on Amone likely problems with the law
Sullivan, Herring, and King-Togia (I'm leaving Amone out until his criminal charges are finalised) seem to be the main young halves hopes for the future but this can change very quickly depending on what is happening in junior reps. I'm still a fan of Treigh Stewart as a ball playing full-back but who, is unfortunately vertically challenged and could be a more effective 5/8 contender.

We don't seem to produce the tall, fast dominant in the air players like Cobbo and Coates down here and wing/full back (Ravalawa aside) continue to be problems for us. No problem for Melbourne though via their effective recruitment - Warbrick has been a revelation and with Coates on the other wing, they are set for years to come.

TheRev

Coach
Herring has a 7 on his back, but he doesn't have the experience as a genuine organising halfback.. maybe he gets there one day.. but I think hes a 6 or a Ctr or god knows if he keeps growing.. which he is doing fast, and we will find a spot for him,, id easily take him over Amone however. And yes he either needs to be promoted to the dev squad (and someone from there moved up), or Herring goes straight into the Top30. Problem is we might still land someone from the Titans/Broncos/Dolphins yet..

It's not easy though.. we still have Ramseys spot in the 30 to fill.. but whoever it is, will be there for 2024/2025 probably, so its a big call. We don't want to make another mistake like Turner.. that was a panic buy as all the good options weren't interested.. but we now have a dud in our 30 who is not only wasting a spot, but getting in the way of development opportunities in NSW Cup.

Sullivan is completely different.. could play 6 or 7 imo, he can lead the team.. he has done it for a while in NSW Cup.. he just needs time now, he really has had only a handful of games with a) 80minutes and/or b) playing in the halves.

BLM01

First Grade
Absolutely braining it in NSW Cup at the moment. Another member of that premiership-winning 2019 SG Ball team (he played back row!) alongside Sullivan, Sloan and the Feagais. Got his first and only taste of NRL in the St Helens trial back in February and he didn't look out of place at all. With Josh Kerr vacating a spot in the top 30 Herring might be the man to take it?
I think we have filled all 30 ?

hardbaby

Coach
Sullivan, Herring, and King-Togia (I'm leaving Amone out until his criminal charges are finalised) seem to be the main young halves hopes for the future but this can change very quickly depending on what is happening in junior reps. I'm still a fan of Treigh Stewart as a ball playing full-back but who, is unfortunately vertically challenged and could be a more effective 5/8 contender.

We don't seem to produce the tall, fast dominant in the air players like Cobbo and Coates down here and wing/full back (Ravalawa aside) continue to be problems for us. No problem for Melbourne though via their effective recruitment - Warbrick has been a revelation and with Coates on the other wing, they are set for years to come.
They don’t produce them. They buy them. Tall, fast and athletic. If you don’t tick those boxes they won’t consider you (Meaney and JAC weren’t tall but brought other skills). We consistently look at the wrong players. It’s truly the easiest position on the field to target. f**k knows how we end up with Feagais, Moga etc.

I think the one to watch now is Benjamin Rumble, who was listed in the Jersey Flegg team last weekend as fullback.
He is tall and can motor.
His try against the Storm showed that.
He is also very athletic.
Fairly sure it his brother Toby who played in the winning Illawarra under 18s team this season.
Toby also looks very quick, and I stand to be corrected, but also plays on the wing.
Others here may know a lot more about their playing background than I do.

possm

Coach
In my opinion, backline young guns should be introduced via a wing sport and developed from there.

Our next winger should be Lobb, he has gone well in reserve grade all season. Treagh Stuart should also be given a wing spot as he has also been

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I think the one to watch now is Benjamin Rumble, who was listed in the Jersey Flegg team last weekend as fullback.
Fairly sure it his brother Toby who played in the winning Illawarra under 18s team this season.
Toby also looks very quick, and I stand to be corrected, but also plays on the wing.
Tom Kirk as well is another to watch..

Victoire

Juniors
Rumble young man, rumble