What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zakk Wylde

fat_mike

Juniors
Just want to get some other opinions on this guy

what i have heard and seen of zakk is great from the shredding of black label society and the stuff with ozzy to a great acoustic version of machine gun man. i rate zakk as a player and also he seems to have some great collumns in guitar world. recent issue has a guitar boot camp that zakk and the editor of the magazine have put together.great read and can be helpful to many budding gguitarists out there.

Once Dead

Bench
Zakk OWNS!

From Stillborn to Steppin' Stone, this guy can not only kick @$$ and rip out an insane solo, but he can actually write and sing killer acoustic songs......that's what makes an artist....a lot of people ripped on Hangover Music but if you heard the interview they had with Zakk on Full Metal Racket you'll know that this guy does not care about critics and is one of the last few musicians you can actually respect as a decent man in real life

fat_mike

Juniors
gotta love his custom les pauls aswell.

the bullseye and the newly released camo.
also love randy rhodes flying v he's had made aswell. great musician as you have said
might have to see if i can find that interview.

Simo

First Grade
Great player but ive heard interviews with him where he speaks like a bit of a wanker. He is a bit on himself, maybe that helps him to be such a good player.

Ive heard him bag the crap out of Dave Grohl, third eye blind and someone once on Letterman or something. Not for any good reason but he just seems like a guy that thinks he is a big tough guy. He thinks just because he played with Ozzy that he is better than everyone. People like that annoy me.

Guitar playing wise though he is brilliant. I personally like the solos in 'mama im coming home' and 'no more tears'.

I do however think he overuses 'squeals' or 'false harmonics'. Sound a bit over done to me, but who am I to critisice (sp) a guitar legend!