What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zillman to Titans

colly raider

Juniors
What great news are we going to hear next week for our club?
This is absolute BS. Who is running this club, monkeys?
I have plans to drive down from Tamworth to see the Raiders play the storm in round 6, but Im starting to wonder if there will still be a raiders team by then to watch?

wow , f*ck that where there smoke sh*t, its a raging bushfire.
I wish Zilly all the best , I hope every year he is out with busted knees.
Hop onto the same bus as Henry , we only want people who want to play for us. who else wants to leave can board the bus now as well.
Zilly can remember the time and money we spent into developing him.
Also I think the raiders should send him to the dodgiest doctor there is. Maybe Dr Nik from the Simpsons is available.
Man im p*ssed.

Paullyboy

Coach
Im strangely numb to this.

Must be getting used to all the bad news....

I'm exactly the same. I would usually be furious - I guess I've just conceded the Raiders are probably f*cked for good now.

It's gotten to the point where you think to yourself, What's the point? Even if we unearthed the next Stuart, Daley, Clyde and Meninga they'd be poached by some other team as soon as they became good.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Don Furner should never have to worry about ever having to sack his brother because him and all the other idiots that are in charge of the club should be shown the door (including Mc Intyre).

Has anyone got his email address, I would like to touch base with him and wish all the best.

Chachi

Bench
As much as I love the bloke you have to admit it would have been a massive risk to throw a lot of money at him after the farce that was Craig Frawley.

I can't really blame management for this one without knowing all the details. If it frees up some big dollars to secure Goodwin and other players with less of an injury risk then so be it.

Paullyboy

Coach
We shouldn't need to throw big dollars at Goodwin, he's a local unproven kid, any other club would find a way to sign him for the equivalent of a 6-pack for every try scored yet Canberra seem to have to pay him as if he's a state of origin player!

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, I didn't really express myself well did I!

What I meant was Zillman's salary should allow us to keep Goodwin plus have some money in the kitty to throw at someone else.

With Zillman gone and a big ? over Phil Graham I would like to see us hold onto Best for another year or two now.

While I'm a bit numb to the announcement, I do think it's pretty low of him to bail out now. Maybe I don't care so much because he's out for the season and we're moving on anyway.

I'm sure our club wouldn't have offered him a 4 year deal under the circumstances - whatever way you look at it, it's a massive risk for the Titans, but it could have big rewards for them. It will be interesting to see if he goes the way of Frawley and O'Hara.

...oh what could have been....

Bay56

First Grade
We shouldn't need to throw big dollars at Goodwin, he's a local unproven kid, any other club would find a way to sign him for the equivalent of a 6-pack for every try scored yet Canberra seem to have to pay him as if he's a state of origin player!

talk to me in a few weeks time Paully ... we are going to struggle to keep him

Spike

First Grade
This is great news. I hope Zillman goes on to bigger and better things.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This is great news. I hope Zillman goes on to bigger and better things.

and im pleased to hear you and you're daughter are happily in love over in South Aust.
Its not my lifestyle choice, but hey, who am i to judge

matt

Juniors
end of the year???...after being shafted all last year...for the myth that is zillman.

the wolves are at the door and the sharks will circle.

hopefully the furnace can get in his ear as he was his boy in PL..

Raider_69

Post Whore
With no zillman there is no doubt Goodwin is our #1 #1 and will be in line for a good up-grade and a perminate fullback position. Everything he's ever wanted. He has no reason to leave.

Bay56

First Grade
How long before Goodwin escapes the Raiders?

The longer Henry sticks around the greater are the chances of losing Goodwin.

If management have any sense at all they would be offering Bronx one of those $250K min contracts I referred to a few weeks back ... my bet is they wont and we'll lose him.

Sooner or later management is going to have to change tac ... they have been miserable failures thus far ... their methods of attacting/retaining quality players are flawed.

Timbo

Staff member
Since I've heard this news all I've been able to see is red...

I'm fuming at the ridiculous levels of incompitence that the management of this club operates at.

Zillman will be one of the SUPERSTARS of the future. And he's gone.

This club is run like a f**king chook raffle and its going backwards fast.

Everyone is extatic that Furnace has signed as coach next season. Yeah, well I can't see it as a positive anymore. It's another one of the 'jobs for boys' that is pandemic at this club. We could have gone after Lang or Murray. The kind of coach that players want to play under. Furnace is unproven and untested. He may be supercoach, but I can't see any star player going 'wow, Canberra is being coached by David Furner, I want to play there!'.

I will never support another club but Canberra. I simply never could. But the fact of the matter is, it's getting f**king difficult to support a club that seems to be intent on doing nothing but running itself into the ground. I am increasingly thinking that in a few years I'll be a fan who is lost to union, it's not just players who are defecting.

I've always scoffed at those who suggest Canberra may be punted from the competition one day. Management is not going out of their way to make it difficult.

For f**ks sake.