What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member
The ever reliable Matt Johns (on Triple M) says Glenn Stewart won't be at Manly next year.

He's probably due to get a call like this right, hey?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The ever reliable Matt Johns (on Triple M) says Glenn Stewart won't be at Manly next year.

He's probably due to get a call like this right, hey?
Expect an announcement of a new 3 yr deal for Stewart at Manly as soon as tomorrow.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Tariq Sims -> Souths

You heard it here first.

Sims has asked for a release because like any normal person he wants to live in Sydney. The Cowboys will let him out of his contract for 2015 and Souths are going in hard for him. Nobody can match the money we have after Sam's departure. Will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks.

ek999

First Grade
Tariq Sims -> Souths

You heard it here first.

Sims has asked for a release because like any normal person he wants to live in Sydney. The Cowboys will let him out of his contract for 2015 and Souths are going in hard for him. Nobody can match the money we have after Sam's departure. Will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks.

Probably why you want to live in Melbourne

BunniesMan

Immortal
Probably why you want to live in Melbourne

Compared to Townsville.

Melbourne>Sydney>Townsville.

But seriously, Sims is desperate to be in Sydney for 2015. He wants to be near his parents since he's had a baby. He will be released on compassionate grounds.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Des Hasler has left an absolute mess of Manlys cap which may not be anole to be fixed unless they release a few players on heavily inflated back ended deals...

I'd be worried if I was a dogs supporter right now

Smartman

Juniors
Des Hasler has left an absolute mess of Manlys cap which may not be anole to be fixed unless they release a few players on heavily inflated back ended deals...

Not really, having one of the best coaches in the game. He probably knew he was leaving manly long before it was actually announced and screwed their cap :lol:

dogslife

Coach

I'd love to know why people think coaches negotiate player contracts. If Manly are in cap hell, perhaps you should look at their front office

eozsmiles

Bench
Every team goes through some cap hell at some point. They just hope they get some success along the way to make it worth it.

Bench
Every team goes through some cap hell at some point. They just hope they get some success along the way to make it worth it.

The Sharks rolled the dice to win in 2013 or 2014,this appears to have failed,and their cap will cause them trouble for a few years now.

cb4

First Grade
The Sharks rolled the dice to win in 2013 or 2014,this appears to have failed,and their cap will cause them trouble for a few years now.

This couldn't be any further from the truth.

We still have a top 25 spot available, and had big oney to throw at Fergo in the offseason.

Our cap has been managed almost to a tee. Almost.

ek999

First Grade
How do you have a spot open in your top 25. I understand that you need to be paying 25 players at least the minimum wages of $80k or so

ek999

First Grade
Also why the f**k would you want to sign a guy who said what he did about the club when he left. Not to mention his attitude towards the end of his time in Canberra

Patorick

Staff member
How do you have a spot open in your top 25. I understand that you need to be paying 25 players at least the minimum wages of $80k or so
By putting people (who are not in your top 25) into the top 25.

;-)

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Tariq Sims -> Souths

You heard it here first.

What makes you think others can't also read the papers ? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.