What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiamaSaint

Coach
One thing I don't get about the WIL designs is why don't they change the logos to pink as well to blend the jersey (ie in the Newcastle, Tigers and Roosters jersey). When the Dragons where the pink V it always disappoints me that the logo and sponsor and number all remains red.

Other then that I love all the designs other than the Warriors.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Don't forget NQ

pink-jersey1.jpg

Should have left the gold stripes and changed the white to pink instead...

One thing I don't get about the WIL designs is why don't they change the logos to pink as well to blend the jersey (ie in the Newcastle, Tigers and Roosters jersey). When the Dragons where the pink V it always disappoints me that the logo and sponsor and number all remains red.

Other then that I love all the designs other than the Warriors.

Its just for contrast; logos should stand out, not blend in.

Sponsors on the other hand.....

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like most of those WIL jersies but I like it when clubs stick with the same design but change one of the colours to pink. Although Melbourne's is different but still good.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Don't understand why Souths don't just replace the red with pink, including the rabbit which would be easy to see.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I like most of those WIL jersies but I like it when clubs stick with the same design but change one of the colours to pink. Although Melbourne's is different but still good.

It only works if they are still recognisable though....

A few years ago why Parra did a WIL jersey, i switched it on and thought i was watching the Knights.

And when the Raiders did their whole jersey in pink, they were TOTALLY unrecognisable.

I realise pink doesnt always go with a clubs colours, but they just have to get creative instead of just forgetting about their own brand. Even if it means a club is limited to only colouring the seams/collar/sleeves, the most important thing is that the jersey is still representative of the clubs core image.

goldbags

Juniors
I don't like it when a club keeps the same design and just changes a colour to pink, I think that is being lazy. Especially when they change from Red to Pink like Newcastle and the Roosters have, at least with the Cowboys they change Yellow to Pink and it far more noticeable. I don't mind the Storm one (don't think there is going to be Crown on the front though???) but what is going on with that Sharks design?????

Zigwaa

Bench
I don't like it when a club keeps the same design and just changes a colour to pink, I think that is being lazy. Especially when they change from Red to Pink like Newcastle and the Roosters have, at least with the Cowboys they change Yellow to Pink and it far more noticeable. I don't mind the Storm one (don't think there is going to be Crown on the front though???) but what is going on with that Sharks design?????

Yeah I don't agree with you. It shouldn't be a drastically new jersey, it should be some pink in an already exisiting design. Club with new designs in pink are completely unrecognisable to their regular jersey which isn't what it's about.

LineBall

Juniors

Disagree. Look at the NFL. They do it in a much better way. The players all wear pink shoes, or their towels are pink. Much more subtle changes to their jerseys as well.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I dont agree with completely changing it, at least with Penrith they were the first to do it and people at least know its Penrith. Same design but changed their colour to pink. But when a club decides to change whole jersey with their design and colours, people wouldnt know who they are until you really look at their logo.

Like mentioned before, Canberra did it one year and unless you saw the game you wouldnt know who they were.

It only works if they are still recognisable though....

A few years ago why Parra did a WIL jersey, i switched it on and thought i was watching the Knights.

And when the Raiders did their whole jersey in pink, they were TOTALLY unrecognisable.

I realise pink doesnt always go with a clubs colours, but they just have to get creative instead of just forgetting about their own brand. Even if it means a club is limited to only colouring the seams/collar/sleeves, the most important thing is that the jersey is still representative of the clubs core image.

On the Parra jersey the second year we had WIL, we changed our blue to sky blue to suit the pink and it looked better IMO.

parramatta%20eels%202011%20kids%20pink%20jersey%20(front).jpg

cooko

Juniors
Would love to see the roosters do a WIL jersey in the home jersey design with pink replacing red.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
On the Parra jersey the second year we had WIL, we changed our blue to sky blue to suit the pink and it looked better IMO.

parramatta%20eels%202011%20kids%20pink%20jersey%20(front).jpg

Still dont think it works....

Parra is one of the few situations where i would rather see them dramatically alter their design to accommodate pink, because they need to keep BOTH blue and gold to be recognisable.

Over all, id still prefer to see them keep their jersey as is now, and just use pink on the collar, numbers and seams; It is distinct and you wont damage the identity...

Saint Doc

Coach
You may be right about that, but you cant deny that Panthers are better known for it

Penrith stuck with it and developed a brand while the Dragons ditched it after a year or two.

I don't deny penrith are better known for it, but dragons have worn the pink V every year since WIL round's inception.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't deny penrith are better known for it, but dragons have worn the pink V every year since WIL round's inception.

Really?? i didnt realise they were still going with it....

Anyway, i much prefer the way the Dragons approach WIL jerseys. They keep almost everything the same and just change the colouring of the V.

This is the perfect approach because it acknowledges the WIL concept and pleases the fans that want the jersey, but still holds true to their core design. If someone is walking around in public with the Dragons WIL jersey or a Knights WIL jersey, it is important that you still recognise who they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts