What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's how you can help the club...

dino2170

Juniors
can anyone confirm that sydney fc will play at kogarah whilst turf is being laid at their ground

FundyDragon

Bench
Been thinking of joining for a while now. Besides helping the club financially and gaining access to vote what other benefits are available game day AND other days???

jenninga

First Grade
Jen as much as I hate the idea of right game right desert... this will encompass all sports that use the venue, even post footy season. Local sports, clubs and associations can take advantage of a boutique stadium with a decent hotel, club and eateries wihin a 2 minute wealk.
Merchandise for interstate visitors will increase... not "everything" will directly benefit Saints, but the majority will.

I haven't been to the Dogs club for years but am told how amazing it is and they want to put a hotel there also.
Imagine what a hotel and fresh ideas from the Leagues club could achieve ,it would also attract other business to open on the highway you would think and make it a vibrant precinct.
I am thinking the perfect name for the hotel would be....The Taj

cleary89

Coach
Great idea in theory,but with 'right game wrong venue' the flavour of the month ,4 Kogarah games will send the joint bust.

Isn't Canterbury leagues building a huge hotel?

Staying at Belmore or Kogarah? 5 mins from the airport, 20 mins to the city.

Acka

Coach
Isn't Canterbury leagues building a huge hotel?

Staying at Belmore or Kogarah? 5 mins from the airport, 20 mins to the city.

I really can't understand that. Who the hell will want to stay in Belmore? Also how many hotels are there in the city or near the airport now?

bottle

Coach
Acka said:
I really can't understand that. Who the hell will want to stay in Belmore? Also how many hotels are there in the city or near the airport now?
Acka people will stay anywhere that is conveniently located near to where they need to be. I provide airport transfers for a living and I have taken people to the Travelodge at Bankstown, as well as to Blacktown/Prospect, Castle/Baulkham Hills, Parramatta, Penrith. Not all travellers head to the city. The 'South' does appear to be under serviced in this regard.
Godz Illa said:
I read a proposal/idea/fantasy to develop a 3 or 4 star hotel on the Sizzler site.

I made some reference to this in a post in JA some time ago. I will regale the story here as it has relevance to what is being discussed. Purely anecdotal and I can offer no supporting evidence.

Some time ago I happened during the course of work across a guy who consulted to clubs in relation to business growth, development and infrastructure. Given the level of discussion that has taken place in the forums re the quality or lack thereof in Boards I turned the conversation to Saints to see if he had any involvement. Indeed he had. Something along the lines of 'Ah yes, I know Danny well'. In general terms, the word 'dinosaur' did pop up during the course of discussion.

This fellow claimed to have been involved in some consultative services to the club some years ago. He indeed laid claim to being the genesis of the idea of a hotel on the Sizzler site and the repositioning of the Sizzler franchise to inside the club. It frightened the beejesus out of the 'dinosaurs' as it would have meant paying compensation to Sizzler as they have a long term lease. This fellow's view was pay them the f**king compensation as the hotel development would well and truly fund it plus plenty left over in the long term. He claimed that he had a well known hotel chain on board ready to go.

The whole thing was all too much for the people he was talking to and he couldn't get it up. Sadly it seems there is an inertia at the decision making level that is stagnating the devlopment of alternative revenue streams. I suspect a fear of unserviceble debt is behind this. Meanwhile the Dogs through Bankstown Workers, and potentially their own Leagues club, are forging ahead.

jenninga

First Grade
Acka people will stay anywhere that is conveniently located near to where they need to be. I provide airport transfers for a living and I have taken people to the Travelodge at Bankstown, as well as to Blacktown/Prospect, Castle/Baulkham Hills, Parramatta, Penrith. Not all travellers head to the city. The 'South' does appear to be under serviced in this regard.

I made some reference to this in a post in JA some time ago. I will regale the story here as it has relevance to what is being discussed. Purely anecdotal and I can offer no supporting evidence.

Some time ago I happened during the course of work across a guy who consulted to clubs in relation to business growth, development and infrastructure. Given the level of discussion that has taken place in the forums re the quality or lack thereof in Boards I turned the conversation to Saints to see if he had any involvement. Indeed he had. Something along the lines of 'Ah yes, I know Danny well'. In general terms, the word 'dinosaur' did pop up during the course of discussion.

This fellow claimed to have been involved in some consultative services to the club some years ago. He indeed laid claim to being the genesis of the idea of a hotel on the Sizzler site and the repositioning of the Sizzler franchise to inside the club. It frightened the beejesus out of the 'dinosaurs' as it would have meant paying compensation to Sizzler as they have a long term lease. This fellow's view was pay them the f**king compensation as the hotel development would well and truly fund it plus plenty left over in the long term. He claimed that he had a well known hotel chain on board ready to go.

The whole thing was all too much for the people he was talking to and he couldn't get it up. Sadly it seems there is an inertia at the decision making level that is stagnating the devlopment of alternative revenue streams. I suspect a fear of unserviceble debt is behind this. Meanwhile the Dogs through Bankstown Workers, and potentially their own Leagues club, are forging ahead.

Tells us plenty of why the club is struggling.Imagine the club itself with Sizzler ,a better quality Chinese Restaurant and a woodfire pizza/pasta joint operating with modern bar facilities all under the one roof and the hotel next door.
Turn the auditorium into a separate child care facility or something (just don't promote happy hour for the kiddies)

TruSaint

Referee

Acka, two different markets matey.

Our city is saturated with high and middle end hotels, generally catering for the business clientele and group overseas tourists.

I travel between Japan and Oz 12 times a year on biz. Always stay at the Hilton in Tokyo. Everything is at my doorstep for meetings etc.

When I travel for pleasure ( and that includes footy ), I will look for something near the event, not too pricey as I only need to sleep there. Prior to my moving to Japan I would book the Novotel in the gong , local, fair priced and a nice stroll to the game. Penrtih also has the Chifley next to Panthers for sleepovers.

Commercially it makes sense. The Dogs, as much as I dislike the club are very proactive in this regard.

TruSaint

Referee
Tells us plenty of why the club is struggling.Imagine the club itself with Sizzler ,a better quality Chinese Restaurant and a woodfire pizza/pasta joint operating with modern bar facilities all under the one roof and the hotel next door.
Turn the auditorium into a separate child care facility or something (just don't promote happy hour for the kiddies)

An affordable hotel will offer this and much more. Synergies exists between the club, hotel and stadium. Membership discounts, merchandising within, family friendly restaurants, health club etc etc etc.

Dragonbaal

Juniors

exactly the reason I am very hesitant to sign up there again-they are still stuck in the 60s (which wouldnt be too bad for some things) but not leagues clubs!! They have to get some fresh blood in there and some new ideas, then I may think about it.

possm

Coach
Thanks Willow. I have just joined on the 5 year deal.

All went OK however, the lady did ask why I wanted to be a $65 5 year member. And why do I want to join the Club when living in Brisbane. I just said I wanted to drop in at times that I go to a game and when visiting my daughter.

No more questions. Membership done.

It just shows, the Club could do a lot more in this area. If you from the Gold Coast are able to successfully encourage new members to sign up, surely the staff in the membership office could do the same or even more.

Why not have a membership sign up table at the entrance to our home games? I'm sure a suitable promotional deal could be on offer for immediate sign ups e.g. complementary drink at the Club, or a discount on a meal etc.

Membership fee came out of my account today. I was ready to give them a call asking why the delay however, I imagine each member must be approved and this would happen at a committe meeting thus the delay.

possm

Coach
Membership fee came out of my account today. I was ready to give them a call asking why the delay however, I imagine each member must be approved and this would happen at a committe meeting thus the delay.

Today I received my membership card, valid until December 2018.

gorilla

First Grade
There's no value in a hotel for club attendance.

Lumpy capital for sporadic use.

There's a lot of land used and located for not much use - hospital, airport and ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
There's no value in a hotel for club attendance.

Lumpy capital for sporadic use.

There's a lot of land used and located for not much use - hospital, airport and ?

You've not stayed at the Blakehurst Motor Inn then?
Absolutely atrocious for the nearest motel style accommodation and would never advise anyone to stay there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...t_Kogarah_Greater_Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

It wouldn't have to just be for football games. As you stated mate, the hospital is nearby and surely there are many visitors requiring reasonable lodgings?

gorilla

First Grade
Absolutely atrocious for the nearest motel style accommodation and would never advise anyone to stay there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...t_Kogarah_Greater_Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

It wouldn't have to just be for football games. As you stated mate, the hospital is nearby and surely there are many visitors requiring reasonable lodgings?

Yeah, there's associated attractions - hospital, airport, but games at Kogs and ... whate else is there to warrant, say, $5m development for an investor.

It's a limited area for reasons to stay, that's all - in my opinion.

A bit of wide-sky thinking might come up with stuff, like a NSW peak sports medicine centre but, hey, it's wide-sky.

gorilla

First Grade

I think I'd choose the Blakehurst motor Inn if I wanted to OD.