What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Gordon

Ladmate

Bench
Don't blame him. Shit move to not grant him a release when you agreed to. You don't do that crap, agents catch onto it and will tell their players to stay away.

Don't blame him. Shit move to not grant him a release when you agreed to. You don't do that crap, agents catch onto it and will tell their players to stay away.

Agree with you, however a coach doesn't have the right to do it without club approval.

There are financial implications and whilst in this case it may be a positive financial implication, the governance is not in the hands of the coach.

If indeed Flanno gave approval, he needs to pay the price, question is does the club have the balls to do it.

Still, club should let the sook go, he won't play fullback again and no matter what club he is at, he will only play at the back or demand a release.

betcats

Referee

Nah its gordons fault. He should of realised Flannos word is meaningless and you should not trust what he says, like who would actually believe their coach when he says you can look elsewhere we will release you?

betcats

Referee
Agree with you, however a coach doesn't have the right to do it without club approval.

There are financial implications and whilst in this case it may be a positive financial implication, the governance is not in the hands of the coach.

If indeed Flanno gave approval, he needs to pay the price, question is does the club have the balls to do it.

Still, club should let the sook go, he won't play fullback again and no matter what club he is at, he will only play at the back or demand a release.

The RLPA told him he has a strong case it does....

POPEYE

Coach
I've said elsewhere why would a coach who relies on reject players want to keep a player who rejects the club . . . sounds more like a Gorman maleficence than a Flanno edict

The RLPA told him he has a strong case it does....

That's not the point.

Strong case because Flanno allegedly said it n texts, does not change the fact the idiot acted outside his capacity to make such decisions. Therefore Flanno is the problem, not Gordon.

As I said, let him go, don't need him anyway

betcats

Referee
That's not the point.

Strong case because Flanno allegedly said it n texts, does not change the fact the idiot acted outside his capacity to make such decisions. Therefore Flanno is the problem, not Gordon.

As I said, let him go, don't need him anyway

Yeah im sure the RLPA got some legal advice and considered the above before telling him that though.

Card Shark

Immortal

His manager was quoted the other day that he was given permission to negotiate with other clubs / test the water but wasn't given approval to be released.

Perhaps the deal wasn't what the Sharks had hoped (i.e. There was talk of a player swap with Lussick but he got injured).

Sick of every f**king media beat up putting shit on my club.

Anyway, Gordon has been overpaid since coming to us as a fullback because his best position is wing, as he displayed at Pentith before he got the sooks there. He was totally underwhelmed me from what I saw him do at Penrith.

If the Eels are dumb enough to take him off our hands, let the has been go.

bottle

Coach
Yeah im sure the RLPA got some legal advice and considered the above before telling him that though.
I don't think Miller is arguing with you about Gordon having a case. I suspect he agrees with you.
He's making the point that Flanno over stepped his authority, and should be shit canned as a consequence. Doesn't lessen Gordon's grievances.

I don't think Miller is arguing with you about Gordon having a case. I suspect he agrees with you.
He's making the point that Flanno over stepped his authority, and should be shit canned as a consequence. Doesn't lessen Gordon's grievances.

Exactly, cheers bottle!

betcats

Referee
Yeah i know what you are saying i tend to agree. What i am wondering though is if Flanno does not have the authority to give Gordon a release why do the RLPA think he has a good case?

Latest posts