What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Gordon

Jason Maher

Immortal
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-parramatta-eels/story-e6frf3yu-1227360130165

MICHAEL Gordon has sensationally walked out on Cronulla after the club promised him a release to Parramatta and then reneged.

Gordon failed to show at Cronulla training this morning after taking advice from the NRL Rugby League Players Association yesterday.
He was seeing a psychologist today, under instructions from the RLPA, to determine the impact on his mental health.

:lol: @ that last sentence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's quite a big loss. He's a very good player.

Oh well Sharks supporters you're not the only ones, there is strong mail McQueen is leaving Souths to go to the Titans. Could be announced later this arvo.

Jono Russell

Bench
So what happens when Parra decide he isn't a great fullback and replace him as well. I guess he will get disgruntled with yet another club. Correct me if I am wrong but he wanted out of Penrith because they decided to move him away from fullback. He got the poos with Flanno because he was moved away from fullback.

Sounds like a Prima Donna to me.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
So what happens when Parra decide he isn't a great fullback and replace him as well. I guess he will get disgruntled with yet another club. Correct me if I am wrong but he wanted out of Penrith because they decided to move him away from fullback. He got the poos with Flanno because he was moved away from fullback.

Sounds like a Prima Donna to me.

if hayne came back he could go to the wing fulltime

Lmao, they might move Cronulla to Perth.

At least you would have a team

If the Board had balls they would sack Flanno

Then he could be Perth's inaugural coach

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Will be interesting if he has evidence of a verbal agreement being reached.

an email is enough as a legally binding document, the question is how legitimate was flanagan's authorisation.

the rlpa have advised gordon he has a case based on the document

JJ

Immortal
I hope he gets the proper treatment he needs. Get well soon mate.

Exactly, poor guy, I really hope he's getting the support he needs...

In all seriousness though, how bad is it when you want out of the Sharks to go to the Eels, hopefully the meds will kick in soon, he's in a very dark place, no question

Last edited:

The yak

Juniors
He is past it. He did Sharks a favour by walking out.
He has a bung knee and should be pensioned off to the ESL.

Sime_11

Juniors
he's going to Parramatta so he can get treatment at Cumberland Hospital....

when does his contract end with Cronulla?

Sad for the guy that he is caught between Flanno and the CEO.

It is becoming more and more evident Flanno may have acted without the clubs knowledge and that's the issue. Not Gordon.

The guy should be released. We don't really need him and Parra do. It gives the guy some assurance for 2016.

Flanno is a dunce and the club should be dealing with him, not making this hard on Gordon. Flanno may well have been doing the right thing for Gordon, but he can't do it without consulting the club.

Governance Flanno, you know that course the NRL made you do?

FFS get rid if this dunce (still can't believe they re-signed him)