What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex McKinnon possibly Quadriplegic - Mclean guilty of dangerous throw - 7 weeks

How many weeks?

• 1-2

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9+

Votes: 26 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
They knew it was bad because he got stretchered off; Any time a player gets stretchered off there has to be an element of concern for the player from everyone because it is a very confronting sight.

And leave Jordan McClean and the rest of his team mates out to dry? How do you think poor Jordan McClean (or Jordan the patsy) would feel if his captain didn't say anything to the referee? He would probably have felt even worse than he did and that he was directly responsible for making a fellow professional a quadriplegic

He wasn't lifted past the horizontal; he was at worst at horizontal level. McKinnon tucked his head and dived which made his body go past the horizontal. You make it sound like the tackle was the equivalent of Marcus Bai on Jarrod McCracken!

Sorry, but the more you repeat this entirely ridiculous statement, the dumber you look.

Are you f*cking kidding me? :crazy::crazy:

Best you take the path Smith should have and just shut the f*ck up.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Can anyone explain why it was alright for Gidley to defend Snowden when the jaw of Thompson (I believe) was smashed beyond belief?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
what a load of bullshit.
As if he was thinking about selling books when they were watching smith make those comments during the interview.
Absolute crap.

Yeah he doesn'twant to sell any book why would anyone think that?

You f**king moron

DJShaksta

First Grade
They knew it was bad because he got stretchered off; Any time a player gets stretchered off there has to be an element of concern for the player from everyone because it is a very confronting sight.

And leave Jordan McClean and the rest of his team mates out to dry? How do you think poor Jordan McClean (or Jordan the patsy) would feel if his captain didn't say anything to the referee? He would probably have felt even worse than he did and that he was directly responsible for making a fellow professional a quadriplegic

He wasn't lifted past the horizontal; he was at worst at horizontal level. McKinnon tucked his head and dived which made his body go past the horizontal. You make it sound like the tackle was the equivalent of Marcus Bai on Jarrod McCracken!

You are delusional.

Spot On

Coach
Can anyone explain why it was alright for Gidley to defend Snowden when the jaw of Thompson (I believe) was smashed beyond belief?

Ray able to walk around by himself??? Anyway, can you find a more comparable incident to the one that left a bloke a quadriplegic?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

You f**king moron

He's not saying he doesn't want to sell books :roll:

He's saying that during that interview, the intent of his reaction to the footage was not to sell books. Understand?

carcharias

Immortal

You f**king moron

so you are saying the whole 60 min interview and more to the point the singling out of Cameron Smiths comment's were purely a ploy to sell more books?

Do you know how f**king geniused that sounds?

souths_pride

Juniors
Sorry, but the more you repeat this entirely ridiculous statement, the dumber you look.

Are you f*cking kidding me? :crazy::crazy:

Best you take the path Smith should have and just shut the f*ck up.

Watch the footage again. I guarantee you that if McKinnon doesn't suffer the injury that he did, then nothing more would be said about this tackle. The only reason why people are all up in arms about the tackle is because the bloke got injured! People have a hard time facing reality because they can't seem to fathom that accident's happen and that a person can contribute to their own injury; there always has to be someone else to blame! This has become a case of emotion and sentiment overshadow the truth and reality. The consequence has been that a legend of the game and one of the finest players of the game has had his reputation tarnished.

Also, what also gives me the shits is this suggestion that Alex has a right to be angry. Yes the bloke does have a right to be angry. What happened to him was tragic. However, it DOES NOT give him the right to come out and slaughters everyone. He is a quadriplegic, not a saint. I think its also important that before he comes and blames everyone, he should think about others who are in a worse predicament than him and have no chance of ever walking again or worse, have lost their lives (e.g. Phil Hughes). It may sound harsh but the guy needs to accept that what happened was an accident and that there is no one to blame for it. Its unfortunate but that is reality!

betcats

Referee
He wasn't even blaming smith for the tackle what the f**k are even going on about. He has stated he holds no ill will towards McClean.

carcharias

Immortal
Watch the footage again. I guarantee you that if McKinnon doesn't suffer the injury that he did, then nothing more would be said about this tackle. The only reason why people are all up in arms about the tackle is because the bloke got injured! People have a hard time facing reality because they can't seem to fathom that accident's happen and that a person can contribute to their own injury; there always has to be someone else to blame! This has become a case of emotion and sentiment overshadow the truth and reality. The consequence has been that a legend of the game and one of the finest players of the game has had his reputation tarnished.

Also, what also gives me the shits is this suggestion that Alex has a right to be angry. Yes the bloke does have a right to be angry. What happened to him was tragic. However, it DOES NOT give him the right to come out and slaughters everyone. He is a quadriplegic, not a saint. I think its also important that before he comes and blames everyone, he should think about others who are in a worse predicament than him and have no chance of ever walking again or worse, have lost their lives (e.g. Phil Hughes). It may sound harsh but the guy needs to accept that what happened was an accident and that there is no one to blame for it. Its unfortunate but that is reality!

Just for you blokes on Cameron Smiths side ..please read the thoughts of this idiot .
Your people.

souths_pride

Juniors
He wasn't even blaming smith for the tackle what the f**k are even going on about. He has stated he holds no ill will towards McClean.
Watch the interview on 60 minutes. Listen to what he says about Smith when the stupid reporter shows him the video! McKinnon doesn't blame him for the tackle but he does slaughter him and defame Smith's character which is wrong! What got my goat even more was how McKinnon shrugged off McLean's apology like it was nothing! McLean would have been hurting and suffering as much as anyone during this yet no one seems to give a damn about him!

I think the legitimacy of the tackle is irrelevant when it comes to Smiths actions. Personally, I've always said that the tackle was only boarder line "dangerous", and that McKinnon was just very, very, very unlucky. And I think that Jordon Mclean was harshly sentenced to 7 weeks for the tackle (even taking into account theseverity of the injury).

However that in no way, shape or form changes the fact that Cameron Smith is a grub who showed not a shred of class or compassion in the face of a tragedy, despite being the captain of his country, and despite it being obvious (whether he refuses to admit it or not) that a player was severely injured. He deserves every bit of negative press that he has received in the last few days, and the game would be better off without frauds like him who try and portray themselves as holier than thou, when in fact they are merkins of the highest order.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Nice and slowly for you, given you have very clearly shown you are deficient of any intelligent thought...........

You have stated quite clearly that he was not lifted above the horizontal and that it was McKinnon's fault he went to that position. Ergo - you are an idiot.

Anything else you have to say on the matter after that is as meaningful as dirty dishwater.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Watch the interview on 60 minutes. Listen to what he says about Smith when the stupid reporter shows him the video! McKinnon doesn't blame him for the tackle but he does slaughter him and defame Smith's character which is wrong! What got my goat even more was how McKinnon shrugged off McLean's apology like it was nothing! McLean would have been hurting and suffering as much as anyone during this yet no one seems to give a damn about him!

Please tell me you actually mean slander.

souths_pride

Juniors
Please tell me you actually mean slander.

Slaughter/slander whats the difference? The point is that the Australian captain is copping all of this backlash because of McKinnon's harsh comments and reaction on 60 minutes the other night. I would like to say that I think 60 minutes is to blame as well. Like I said in one of my posts earlier, they turned what could have been a very upbeat story about a man who has done a terrific job in overcoming one of the most terrible hardships anyone could face into a furore!

Also just for people seem to think that Cameron Smith is heartless and completely in the wrong, how do you guys view the actions of Beau Scott and Willie Mason who were clowning around at the time? People say that McKinnon was screaming out and that Cameron Smith should have known that it was injury of the up most severity. Surely if Cameron Smith 'knew' this, then surely the likes of Willie Mason and Beau Scott should have known as well?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Slander : a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:
a slander against his good name.

Slaughter: 1 the killing or butchering of cattle, sheep, etc., especially for food.
2 the brutal or violent killing of a person.

Little bit different.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Ray able to walk around by himself??? Anyway, can you find a more comparable incident to the one that left a bloke a quadriplegic?

The point is the jaw was hanging by a thread and Gidley was trying to dilute the issue - it was his role as captain. Same as Smith on that night.

That is not to say, in hindsight, Smith should have pulled back given the seriousness of the injury, but hindsight is a beautiful thing that the majority of us don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.