What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wit and Wisdom of Jason Taylor

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I know the following are not exact quotes but they are the best my memory can do.

"We have really improved our defense this year. I know the scores and our position on the table aren't reflecting that but we are improving each week."

"The fans will get a good indication on how we are traveling in the second half of the competition and they can make their judgements then."

"I just want to make it perfectly clear that Robbie has been treated with total respect."

Just on that last rough quote can somebody please list all the ways Jason and management have shown the utmost respect for Robbie because I seem to have missed that bit.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Taylor's almost weekly quote of the team playing really well except for some lapses is rubbish. If the opposition find it hard to be motivated playing us and play below standard footy Taylor equates that as us playing well. When the opposition get their act together and run all over us Taylor calls it a lapse.

I have sat quietly all year to give Taylor a go.

It is now time for Taylor to go.

If Robbie does depart the team we will not have any opposition for the wooden spoon next year.

I fear Taylor's poor decisions will continue and he just might bring about the end of the Wests Tigers.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's laughable that they've basically handed the keys to the club to this guy and told him to do whatever he pleases.

Shame they couldn't/didn't do the same for Mick Potter.

We all wanted a coach with full control, but not one that looks completely out of his depth.

Just saw our PM on the news,maybe being a touch unfair but instanly i doubted whatever the clueless wanker was 'umhing' on about,same applies with JT,he has no f##king cred to be in the job he has.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's laughable that they've basically handed the keys to the club to this guy and told him to do whatever he pleases.

Shame they couldn't/didn't do the same for Mick Potter.

We all wanted a coach with full control, but not one that looks completely out of his depth.

It is funny isn't it. I think they made the wrong choice there.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
My son sent me the following email. I followed his instructions and with just a few minor alterations found it quite disturbing that this is the guy our board is supporting 100%

This was written in 2009 for the rabbitohs. Just replace where it says rabbitobs with tigers.

The Rovere Report
Written by: Adrian Rovere
June 18th 2009 12:16 AM
JASON NOT TAILOR-MADE FOR COACHING
If there is a coach whose "under the pump" more than Jason Taylor at South Sydney than I'd like to know who. For the quality of the roster, the Rabbitohs are the most under-performing team in the competition and the head coach should be held accountable.
The combination of curious selections and even more curious match tactics, has severely dimmed the confidence of Souths' supporters who went into the season feeling their side were genuine title contenders after solid recruitments over the off-season and the bonus of picking up star backrower Michael Crocker.
Former player and radio personality Peter Tunks has been highly critical of Taylor's coaching methods and calls from Souths' fans to his show, Talkin Sport on 2SM, suggests the ground swell of discontent is growing by the week.
Tunks says the suprise sacking of assistant coach Mark Ellison - considered part of the fabric at the Rabbitohs - was he felt an indication that Taylor was unwilling to take ownership for his team's poor performances and a style of play which the former Test prop says badly lacking in imagination.
Souths' "tragic" Darren, a regular caller to the Talkin Sport program who travels to games as far away as Townsville, has been another vocal critic of Taylor's handling of his beloved club.
With a forward talent full of internationals and a backline boasting both speed and talent, anything less than a semi-final's berth and it can be considered a failed season by the Rabbitohs leaving many questions to be asked of the club.
And the one at the top of the list should be:- "Is Jason Taylor the coach who can bring us a premiership within the next two years?
If the team misses out on the Top Eight, it won't by just Peter Tunks and Darren whose unequiviocal answer to that question will be a definitive "no'.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Latest Quote from Jason in today's Herald.

"Finishing off really strongly is important for us. A strong performance will mean that we've made improvements this year but we're going to need to do more next year, that's for sure."

So if we string together 2 wins in a row that shows he is doing a good job? Would he agree that a below average performance will mean we have gone backwards all year and in all probability will continue to do so next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably work on defence again because it worked so well this year, despite losing 75% of our games

Tigers1986

Juniors
We belted Canterbury and South Sydney, plus knocked Melbourne off their perch when they were gaining steam.

We finished 6 points out of the 8, and if you factor in the 2 losses to Newcastle, the last loss to the Eels, the thievery against the Dragons, the golden point loss to the Dogs and letting the 22-0 lead slip against the Faiders, that improves us 12 points and fighting for the 4. So when it's looked at like that it wasn't THAT bad a season but the beltings we copped from the Chooks, Sharks, and Broncos were big blights.

Tigers1986, it's all water under the bridge now though and nothing can change he fact that their defense has been very bad with only 2 other sides having more points scored against them. Plus Potter won 2 more games last year.

Back to Taylor and Wit and Wisdom, right or wrong could you imagine Toovey, Hasler or a Bellamy saying in regards to the Farah penalty at the end of last nights game
Taylor conceded the Farah penalty was deserved
I think Robbie is slightly to the side, so he probably too that risk, Taylor said.
Forget what else he said regarding where the dragon players were in regards to their field goal attempts, easier for this muppet to not defend Farah publicly and he's the coach :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think many of our wins this year were against clubs that saw us as easybeats.

The fact clubs have that opinion of us is a big worry.

I can't see Taylor fixing that

bluey

Bench
Got to say that when he benched Farrah yesterday young Cherrington bought them to life. Just saying.