What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[NRL.com] How Good Is: Semi Radradra

Parra Pride

Coach
Semi would have smashed Blacklock's 27 try record if not for his injury, and it's amazing he still has a shot at it with his try scoring rate.

ash411

Bench
The way he's been going he has every chance of breaking the record, it'd be awesome if he does.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The way he's been going he has every chance of breaking the record, it'd be awesome if he does.

He is actually on track to do so :shock:
If he manages to play the last 8 games, could be a heckuva year for him

16 tries in 10 games = 28.8 in 18 games (round up or down depending on your pessimistic or optimistic nature).

I don't expect him to get there, but his strike rate this year is freakish.

strider

Post Whore
i deadset picked that he might be a disappointment this year in the pre-season prediction thread ... how f**kin dumb am I?

i heard on the radio this morning that if semi scores a double tonight he will become the first player to score two or more tries in six games consecutively GO SEMI!

Suitman

Post Whore
i heard on the radio this morning that if semi scores a double tonight he will become the first player to score two or more tries in six games consecutively GO SEMI!

Indeed!!
Go Semi.
I just hope he learns to celebrate AFTER he has scored.
I hope BA had a word to him about that!!

Suity

jono

Juniors
He's on track for 22-23 tries this season,,,,,I crave the day he can score six in one game and knock Judas of the most tries in a game record
Just to pat myself on the back.....22 at the moment....will probably get 5 this weekend!

forward pass

Coach
Semi is a legend - but my only 'concern' with him is the way he puts the ball down when he scores. For a noted try scorer, it is amazing how many times he appears to lose the ball when scoring a try. He seems to bounce it or put it down one handed which is very dangerous.

Also, he doesn't seem to be comfortable diving for the corner when defence is close. He mucked a try a few weeks back going into touch when he shouldn't have and nearly mucked up his second try on Saturday night by nearly putting his knees into touch - again for no reason.

I am sure the coaching staff are all over this - Burty can show him how it's done.

Hmmmmmm..... Why aren't our coaching staff all over this.? I posted this some time ago. He was lucky - I reckon he dropped both of them today..

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't think he dropped either of them, but it was definitely close.
He needs to know that sometimes you can just tuck it under your arm and dive on the ground. Safety first.
If the ref is constantly going to the video to check your put-downs, then you have a problem.

strider

Post Whore
He needs to know that sometimes you can just tuck it under your arm and dive on the ground. Safety first.
If the ref is constantly going to the video to check your put-downs, then you have a problem.

i agree - he comes so close so often .... something he really needs to sort out

Gronk

Staff member
I think we're due for another Semi-want's-out article.

I'm sure that "sources close to Semi" would have a lot to say. Could generate 1,000's of clicks.

Get on it Proszenko.

Chipmunk

Coach

If you don't already have Foxtel HD then you need get it.

They might award these types of tries a try, but there is no way that they deserve to be a try.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think we're due for another Semi-want's-out article.

I'm sure that "sources close to Semi" would have a lot to say. Could generate 1,000's of clicks.

Get on it Proszenko.

Or maybe another article from that local Fiji paper about how Semi is 'already one of the best players of all time'.

We laughed at the time, but they might yet be proven right!

strider

Post Whore
If you don't already have Foxtel HD then you need get it.

They might award these types of tries a try, but there is no way that they deserve to be a try.

pre video ref those were tries EVERY time - without fail (unless it was gomersal and nsw scoring or something like that)

its only since we've started examining everything with a fine tooth comb that we go, oh his hand came off it for 0.000001 sec - no try!

and I'd have no problem if they just gave every single one of them - unless it is blatantly obvious the ball is knocked on .... if its 50/50 then just give it

eel01s

Bench
They were both close, but I think the right decision was made on each occasion. It is something Semi needs to work on though. We can't afford to get across the line and not score!

He has had an amazing season for sure.