What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal part 2

Are you happy with the new TV deal?

• Total voters

cleary89

Coach
He's like a shop in Bali. 10,000 of them but there is only 4 different ones. He only has 4 go to posts.
1. Expansion needs to be in Perth.
2. AFL is better than NRL.
3. NRL is mediocre in management
4. Season highlights include good crowds in Perth.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
He's like a shop in Bali. 10,000 of them but there is only 4 different ones. He only has 4 go to posts.

Love that shop analogy!

you keep saying the same few things over and over in every thread you post in

just piss off
I'm in favour of a NRL club in Perth at the moment, but his constant rantings could put me off the idea.
Its like i have told him in the past there will be a NRL club in Perth in the not too distant future when the ARLC/NRL deems everything is in place.
We don't want a aFL situation where we are paying out $20 million a year just to keep treading water.

Pig Champion

Juniors

You forgot relocate the Sharks, although PR has gone off the boil with that one.

TheRam

Coach
You guys are just wankers. You should all be stoked that there is someone with this much passion for RL over in WA.

All I see are small people wanting to heap shade on someone that actually makes very legitimate statements, so as to make yourselves seem bigger.

The TV deal is very average when all things are considered and that includes expansion, or the lack of it, especially when you compare it next to the AFL deal, who always seem to get everything with a cherry on top.

All I see here is a bunch of contradicting moronic apologists who continually argue at cross purposes with one another, with a playground scapegoat thrown in the mix(PerthRed) that you can all unite over and rub each others dicks for a little bit of pleasure.

Otherwise if the ARLC's deals and decisions were truly great, there wouldn't be so much angst by so many in these forums and the talk would be primarily about the footy, NOT pages and pages about whether we have gotten a fair go for once in the form of a GREAT deal or not.

The AFL fans, administration and general public(including we league fans) knew straight away how GREAT their deal was/is.

You guys are just sad really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol I have a fan club! Save it Ram, el dribbler spends most of the time on here just having a pop at other posters and contributing nothing. Go through this thread, 90% of his posts are just bagging people. He is Lu's ultimate troll.

I'll keep sharing my thoughts on rugby league as a fan of the game not an apologist like many. Don't like it put me on ignore.

Brutus

Referee
Lol I have a fan club! Save it Ram, el dribbler spends most of the time on here just having a pop at other posters and contributing nothing. Go through this thread, 90% of his posts are just bagging people. He is Lu's ultimate troll.

I'll keep sharing my thoughts on rugby league as a fan of the game not an apologist like many. Don't like it put me on ignore.

I don't mind you either mate.

I have always been a fan of a Perth team and admire your passion.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Like in most disputes, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Perth Red has severely misplaced arrogance because on a lot of issues he clearly knows nothing of what he writes. He spoils for a fight most of the time and probably types before even thinking.

But the NRL has been derelict in its duty with the last TV negotiations, rushing the outcome with no apparent planning for the future. A Perth team is a realistic, achievable goal for the NRL. It just needs to be adequately time framed and this is where the broadcast rights deal has let us down. However negotiations were so rushed to placate current under-performing clubs that future planning never even had a chance.

Even if the NRL were to commission a Perth team, they have shown they will give advantage to broadcasters, and change arrangements for no monetary gain. Case in point changing the already negotiated years 2016-17 in such a compromised fashion. Nine and News might end up getting a ninth game for free circa 2019-20 if the same negotiating team are in place.

Even after a weeks contemplation, there still remains lingering doubts about the execution of this deal and footy fans of different perspectives have a right to feel aggrieved.

TheRam

Coach

Yeah I know, El-Dicko is dictionary classic troll wanker stuff, but I just thought you might want some support. It can get very frustrating having to deal with a ton of idiots trying to tear you down all the time for having different views. Your heart is in the right place whether I agree with you or not, that's what counts.

Cheers mate.

TheRam

Coach
We need two new teams:
Brisbane
Perth

Five years after that we need two more:
Wellington
Central Queensland

Discussion over.

That's about how I see it too. How friggin hard is it??? All four of these areas have huge grass roots support already, the ARLC just need to give the license to smart operators that know how to grow and success should follow.

insert.pause

First Grade
That's about how I see it too. How friggin hard is it??? All four of these areas have huge grass roots support already, the ARLC just need to give the license to smart operators that know how to grow and success should follow.
I wouldn't describe Perth as having "huge grassroots support", it's got support but it's far from "huge"

LESStar58

Referee
Real exansion is PNG.....
adds another dimension and easily another million viewers alone to games they are involved in.

They don't have the infrastructure.... and if Sydney is a "fishbowl" for rugby league players then Port Moresby would be like a lingerie shop with no front window!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yeah I know, El-Dicko is dictionary classic troll wanker stuff, but I just thought you might want some support. It can get very frustrating having to deal with a ton of idiots trying to tear you down all the time for having different views. Your heart is in the right place whether I agree with you or not, that's what counts.

Cheers mate.

g'day Chuckles