What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai or Hopoate?

Lafai or Hopoate?

• Tim Lafai

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Will Hopoate

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters

Hazardous

Juniors
He never really had an X factor about him.

He was on the end of a very very good backline. Personally I think he was always over rated.

He is a solid first grader who in the current market would be good on maybe about 400k a year. But even dogs are going to be paying overs.

His manager has done a good job. Personally I don't see Hopoate getting back to what he was at Manly because dogs lack that X factor in their backline

I think what you mean is Dogs lack x factor in their halves. Their backline is definitely not short of x factor, considering you have the Morris boys and Rona in there.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lafai. Then Lafai. After that, Lafai, and if it came down to one more last choice, Lafai.

That said Hoppa is a good player. I just don't think he's got much improvement in him

natheel

Coach
I think what you mean is Dogs lack x factor in their halves. Their backline is definitely not short of x factor, considering you have the Morris boys and Rona in there.

Yeh true that's what I mean. But Hopoate is shit

aqua_duck

Coach
People saying Hopoate has this potential X factor that maybe Des can bring out, what attribute does he actually possess that can translate to X Factor? He's average size, average speed, average power/strength, average skill level, every attribute he possess is just average

Patorick

Staff member
People saying Hopoate has this potential X factor that maybe Des can bring out, what attribute does he actually possess that can translate to X Factor? He's average size, average speed, average power/strength, average skill level, every attribute he possess is just average
Manlyness.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hoppa.

For all those suggesting Lafai "shits all over him" - you obviously didn't watch a Canterbury game in 2015. He was rocks and diamonds.

Hoppa on the other hand was outstanding under Des a few years back and I'd dare say he'll get close to that level again.

The bitterness from Eels fans is great though.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Hoppa.

For all those suggesting Lafai "shits all over him" - you obviously didn't watch a Canterbury game in 2015. He was rocks and diamonds.

Hoppa on the other hand was outstanding under Des a few years back and I'd dare say he'll get close to that level again.

lmao @ the 'the dude that signed for my team' post.

hoppa is a steaming smouldering pile of shit.

aqua_duck

Coach
Hoppa.

Just like how T Rex has been outstanding under Des again right? Sure Lafai was ordinary this year but he was close to the form centre in the comp last year whilst Hoppa has done nothing for 4 years

mxlegend99

Referee
Hoppa.

The bias in your post is great. Lol.

Your team made a ridiculously stupid move. Everyone knows it. Just as they did with Tony Williams

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hoppa.

Tim Smith was outstanding in his first year too, maybe he could give a bit of stability to the Dogs halves when Reynolds has his next brain explosion. Bring back that 2005 form.

If you're relying on what a player did 4 years ago then you're in trouble unless it's a bargain basement nothing to lose price tag - which I highly doubt it is.

sandshark

Bench
Hoppa is bog average.
I can't believe he has had a free ride into origin.
Hasn't shown anything to suggest he is an origin player.

Lafai may be rocks and diamonds but he is still twice the player hoppa is.

Hopoate's last decent game was 4 years ago.

The Bulldogs lack ambition.

James Roberts is a free agent but yet sign this slow plodder, the only reason he was signed was because he is one of Des' Manly boys.

Another piece of dead weight on a big contract

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just like how T Rex has been outstanding under Des again right? Sure Lafai was ordinary this year but he was close to the form centre in the comp last year whilst Hoppa has done nothing for 4 years

T Rex spent the bulk of his time since coming to Canterbury in the injury ward. Rocks and diamonds and I'd have rathered we kept Pritchard but I'm not the decision maker.

I'm happy to keep this thread bookmarked if Hoppa has a standout season though. Lots of people putting their balls on the line about how shit Hoppa supposedly is - and ignoring how poor Lafai's season was in 2015 too.

whall15

Coach
Hoppa.

I saw every game of Hopoate for Parra (+ Origin). Quite solid defensively at centre (at least in comparison to what we're used to) but offered nothing bar dummy half runs offensively.

Assuming Lafai and Hopoate are at the same price I think the Bulldogs would've been better off keeping Lafai as I don't think Hopoate is worth the team disruption, if Hopoate is on more than Lafai and/or they're paying freight for Lafai then they've made a big mistake IMO.

I think its pretty telling that no player that I can recall that has come back from a mission has performed near their pre-mission form. Religion poisons everything I guess.

I don't think there's any bitterness from Parra fans, if we get Hiku, who I feel is overrated, he'll still offer just as much at less money than Hopoate.

Last Week

Bench
Lots of people putting their balls on the line about how shit Hoppa supposedly is - and ignoring how poor Lafai's season was in 2015 too.

That's a bit rich. You're ignoring Hopoate's form over the last 2 years.

Your bias is strong.

Hoppa has been solid at best. He offered nothing significant in attack. There was class in his finishing passes to the outside winger but f**k all line breaks.