What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein linked with Super League - Leeds Rhinos

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Young also played 80 mins so doesn't save an interchange at all. False logic.
Basically reallocation of an interchange ....Bennett would Bring on a hooker and take off a running forward.
Mary leaves the hooker on, Brings off a running forward and puts in a running forward ..

You can count, right?
:sarcasm:

since77

Juniors
Which saves an interchange....as the rules and number of interchanges have changed since Dean Young played.
Any player that can play 80 mins is a bonus and I don't think Rein has ever been considered as a running forward.

The problem with that is that Mc Gregor has shown a mystifying inability to 1. Pick the right interchange players & 2. Use the interchange wisely in a game

Mr Red

First Grade
You can count, right?
:sarcasm:

Yes can you?
Bennett substitute..
Hooker moves to running forward, running forward goes off, hooker comes on from bench as new hooker ...one interchange

Mary substitute...
Running forward comes off , running forward goes on...one interchange

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
The problem with that is that Mc Gregor has shown a mystifying inability to 1. Pick the right interchange players & 2. Use the interchange wisely in a game

Don't let facts get in the way of jubileeboy logic..

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yes can you?
Bennett substitute..
Hooker moves to running forward, running forward goes off, hooker comes on from bench as new hooker ...one interchange

Mary substitute...
Running forward comes off , running forward goes on...one interchange

Whilst I have your undivided attention Mr Potato....
How many clubs do have hookers that become a running forward?
When the game plan has suited us or been required, Havili has been moved there. So that contradicts that theory....who else?

nrlnrl

First Grade

He seems to be saving them just in case someone is injured. That logic is just ridiculous.

BennyV

Referee
Which saves an interchange....as the rules and number of interchanges have changed since Dean Young played.
Any player that can play 80 mins is a bonus and I don't think Rein has ever been considered as a running forward.

Saves an interchange, yes, but at the cost of Rein's effectiveness and at a detriment to the team.
Mistake to go using Mary's use of the interchange bench as some sort of example of good work...

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Saves an interchange, yes, but at the cost of Rein's effectiveness and at a detriment to the team.
Mistake to go using Mary's use of the interchange bench as some sort of example of good work...

Glad you agree it saves an interchange but nowhere did I say it was to be used as an example of good work.

BennyV

Referee
Glad you agree it saves an interchange but nowhere did I say it was to be used as an example of good work.

You said any player that can play 80minutes is a bonus...the point I'm making is that it's not, because the gaining of an interchange is offset by the quality he loses from the extra time on the field.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You said any player that can play 80minutes is a bonus...the point I'm making is that it's not, because the gaining of an interchange is offset by the quality he loses from the extra time on the field.

Of course it's a fkn bonus !
The game has changed since last year. Even you must acknowledge that.
The players will follow suit and 80 mins will be the norm. The less players that require replacing will save interchanges.
Interchanges that could be used to replace the bigger players that could likely run through the middle of an opposition team at later stages of the game.
Even props are playing longer minutes than last year and dare I say it, saving an interchange between them.

BennyV

Referee
Of course it's a fkn bonus !
The game has changed since last year. Even you must acknowledge that.
The players will follow suit and 80 mins will be the norm. The less players that require replacing will save interchanges.
Interchanges that could be used to replace the bigger players that could likely run through the middle of an opposition team at later stages of the game.
Even props are playing longer minutes than last year and dare I say it, saving an interchange between them.

80 minute players are a bonus.
Playing players who clearly struggle to handle a full game for 80 minutes in an attempt to save an interchange is certainly not a bonus!

Sure, the game has changed - yet there's only 2 other teams in the comp who run their hookers for 80 minutes, and those 2 particular hookers do so because they are capable.

Mr Red

First Grade
Whilst I have your undivided attention Mr Potato....
How many clubs do have hookers that become a running forward?
When the game plan has suited us or been required, Havili has been moved there. So that contradicts that theory....who else?

Havili ...lol.. perhaps the most ridiculous example you have used all year to make a point to support Mary and believe me you have made a lot of ridiculous examples...
The kid gets splinters sitting on the bench all match. Surely even you aren't dumb enough to suggest Mary is using havili strategically...but of course you are Mary.

You have a tendency to constantly stray from the original point of discussion and take the conversation in a different direction every time your poor logic is found out.... Quite amusing actually.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
80 minute players are a bonus.
Playing players who clearly struggle to handle a full game for 80 minutes in an attempt to save an interchange is certainly not a bonus!

Sure, the game has changed - yet there's only 2 other teams in the comp who run their hookers for 80 minutes, and those 2 particular hookers do so because they are capable.

100% correct.

Eking out an extra 10 minutes from a spent payer is always at the teams detriment as the tempo lift from fresh legs is a far greater bonus than the loss of 1 interchange.

Providing of course the interchange is used correctly and you don't end up with 1 set of fresh legs amongst 4-5 sets of tired legs.

This is the area where Mary is actually worst in all the things he does with the team, his use of the interchange is mindless.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
The only 9 I've seen play 80 effective minutes is Cam Smith. But even he has a spell during the game, with cronk and slater helping out with the hooking duties especially when coming out of their own quarter.

I think if Rein has that much energy and is an ok defender why not rotate him to lock and bring another 9 off the bench? Could be an option.

In regards to young, im pretty sure he was shifted to lock when fein was brought on and Jeremy smith was given a spell. I do think young with his dicky knee was ever defending out on the edges.

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors
Havili ...lol.. perhaps the most ridiculous example you have used all year to make a point to support Mary and believe me you have made a lot of ridiculous examples...
The kid gets splinters sitting on the bench all match. Surely even you aren't dumb enough to suggest Mary is using havili strategically...but of course you are Mary.

You have a tendency to constantly stray from the original point of discussion and take the conversation in a different direction every time your poor logic is found out.... Quite amusing actually.

Couldn't agree more with your logic Mr Red .

Jubilee boy aka Mary lol it all makes sense now

Mr Red

First Grade
100% correct.

Eking out an extra 10 minutes from a spent payer is always at the teams detriment as the tempo lift from fresh legs is a far greater bonus than the loss of 1 interchange.

Providing of course the interchange is used correctly and you don't end up with 1 set of fresh legs amongst 4-5 sets of tired legs.

This is the area where Mary is actually worst in all the things he does with the team, his use of the interchange is mindless.

Good summation.
And there has been numerous times where we have had fresh legs on the bench, and rein is out there playing 80mins at the detriment of the team. Quite obvious he is spent, like a few others yet Mary with subs up his sleeve does nothing.

Mr Red

First Grade
The only 9 I've seen play 80 effective minutes is Cam Smith. But even he has a spell during the game, with cronk and slater helping out with the hooking duties especially when coming out of their own quarter.

I think if Rein has that much energy and is an ok defender why not rotate him to lock and bring another 9 off the bench? Could be an option.

In regards to young, im pretty sure he was shifted to lock when fein was brought on and Jeremy smith was given a spell. I do think young with his dicky knee was ever defending out on the edges.

Yep Cam smith often had an "on field" break slotting into a second number 6 role whilst Hinchcliffe moved into dummy half and did the heavy lifting for 10mins.

Latest posts