What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Anyone think we are contemplating not giving Foran a release hoping he'll come good next year?

I doubt it. Then we have a player who is chewing up 1.2 million who is mentally unstable and disgruntled because we won't give him his release. Actually, this does sound like something Parra may do

IFR33K

Coach
I doubt it. Then we have a player who is chewing up 1.2 million who is mentally unstable and disgruntled because we won't give him his release. Actually, this does sound like something Parra may do

We probably have until November to grant him a release before we start paying him for next year. We could be attempting to change his mind while he attempts to sort himself out

Bazal

Post Whore
Trying to keep Foran would be ideal, regardless of what some on here think about him. He's a very good footballer and a good personality regardless of his issues at the moment.

If not, unless we can get a Blake Green or maybe Hastings, I don't really see the point in signing a half that is the same or similar level as what we have. We're forgetting we could re-sign Cornish as well, who is only 23 and has plenty of potential. He's the same level as a Sam Williams or the like. Dargan and Doolan are talented kids who are at the same level as any of the other NYC level halves we're talking about. If we do lose Foran, and honestly anything could happen there yet, we have the same quality players as we might sign at the club already...

Chipmunk

Coach
Trying to keep Foran would be ideal, regardless of what some on here think about him. He's a very good footballer and a good personality regardless of his issues at the moment.

If not, unless we can get a Blake Green or maybe Hastings, I don't really see the point in signing a half that is the same or similar level as what we have. We're forgetting we could re-sign Cornish as well, who is only 23 and has plenty of potential. He's the same level as a Sam Williams or the like. Dargan and Doolan are talented kids who are at the same level as any of the other NYC level halves we're talking about. If we do lose Foran, and honestly anything could happen there yet, we have the same quality players as we might sign at the club already...

He's not worth $1.2 million under the cap with the current salary csp at about $7 million

Bazal

Post Whore
Their young NYC hooker would be worth a look...if Wallace is staying, and I believe they've signed Manaia Cherrington too, he's unlikely to get a run at Penrith

Avenger

Immortal
Anyone think we are contemplating not giving Foran a release hoping he'll come good next year?
I think if Hayne does not return we should dig in our heels and only give him a conditional release for 2017. Basically it's us or nobody. But only if Hayne reneges.

phantom eel

First Grade
I think if Hayne does not return we should dig in our heels and only give him a conditional release for 2017. Basically it's us or nobody. But only if Hayne reneges.
Reneges on what? Hayne isn't under contract to anyone and is a free agent, free to do what he pleases... you can't renege when you're a free agent!

Re Foran, we should release him as requested from 2017 contract if it's our favour to do so. That is, if we have ways to spend his $1.2mil next year (upgrades, front loading, meeting enforced TPAs) to make life easier next year and in the years to come. If we do release him, then he can play for whoever he likes - this is regardless of whether Hayne receives and/or accepts an offer to return.

If we don't release him, then he can "do a Jamie" and ask us permission to play in the bush, or in the super league for the time he would have been under contract to us (i.e. 2017), and in the case of super league that might also take some cap pressure of our payment of Foran's future contract - this is regardless of whether Hayne receives and/or accepts an offer to return.

phantom eel

First Grade
You can't renege on an offer... you turn it down. You can only renege if you've accepted it, and then change your mind.

Has Wonderboy even been made an offer be the Eels?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Without a board desperately pinning their re-electability on bringing/keeping Jarryd Hayne at the club, there's no incentive for us to make him the highest paid player in the game like we did in the past. Therefore I don't think he'll be back.

Latest posts