What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faf du Plessis charged with ball tampering

In year 12, school cricket as captain, on Friday afternoon I was given the ball for the Saturday game.

I once polished the heck out of one side of the ball and used a sewing needle to lightly hatch the other side with lines 1cm apart. Then we put it in the freezer over night. Most of the team was in on it...opening bowlers, keeper.

First over, first ball, the bloody thing swung from leg to third slip. Totally unplayable. LOL. Took two wickets though. Next over we took two more. They were 4/1. Out of curiosity, when the umpire said he wanted to check the ball at the end of the 2nd over...our bowler bowled a juicy slow lollipop that saw the ball sail over the line for 6, roll down in to scrub land and be conveniently lost necessitating a new ball...and no swing.

Still...no where near as bad as old mate Faf, the cheating Saffa merkin.

JJ

Immortal
Think we all agree a life ban is in order

I am wondering though, how will the umpires be able to tell whether Wade is deliberately roughing the ball up or just incompetent - perhaps the Australian selectors are on to something here, select a keeper that can't catch, more swing?

chigurh

In year 12, school cricket as captain, on Friday afternoon I was given the ball for the Saturday game.

I once polished the heck out of one side of the ball and used a sewing needle to lightly hatch the other side with lines 1cm apart. Then we put it in the freezer over night. Most of the team was in on it...opening bowlers, keeper.

First over, first ball, the bloody thing swung from leg to third slip. Totally unplayable. LOL. Took two wickets though. Next over we took two more. They were 4/1. Out of curiosity, when the umpire said he wanted to check the ball at the end of the 2nd over...our bowler bowled a juicy slow lollipop that saw the ball sail over the line for 6, roll down in to scrub land and be conveniently lost necessitating a new ball...and no swing.

Still...no where near as bad as old mate Faf, the cheating Saffa merkin.

lmao

What's the purpose of sticking the ball in the freezer? I haven't heard that before.