What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bernie Gurr

Incorrect

Coach
So the Edwards incident sounds more serious than what we first heard?

Second year in a row we are starting the season under a cloud of uncertainty. Unbelievable.

My take is that because it was reported as a domestic violence issue, the club are going to use the sort of language in Bernie's update when addressing the situation. Even if the act being reported by the 'victim' as part of the domestic violence is something as innocuous as having a drink thrown on them during an argument, Bernie and the club can't just come out and say "With regard to Kenny Edwards' situation, it's a fairly minor issue and we believe Kenny will be good to go come Round 1".... It would be jumped on straight away as the club not taking "domestic violence" complaints seriously enough...

Chipmunk

Coach
So the Edwards incident sounds more serious than what we first heard?

Second year in a row we are starting the season under a cloud of uncertainty. Unbelievable.

My take is that because it was reported as a domestic violence issue, the club are going to use the sort of language in Bernie's update when addressing the situation. Even if the act being reported by the 'victim' as part of the domestic violence is something as innocuous as having a drink thrown on them during an argument, Bernie and the club can't just come out and say "With regard to Kenny Edwards' situation, it's a fairly minor issue and we believe Kenny will be good to go come Round 1".... It would be jumped on straight away as the club not taking "domestic violence" complaints seriously enough...

As "minor" as the actual actions might be considered, if Edwards is found guilty of the charge I wouldn't expect to see him in the Blue and Gold again. The same goes for Radradra.

Incorrect

Coach
As "minor" as the actual actions might be considered, if Edwards is found guilty of the charge I wouldn't expect to see him in the Blue and Gold again. The same goes for Radradra.
If the facts presented in court end up being no more than what has been reported initially - that is, Kenny and his partner exchanging words during an argument and then Kenny emptying the liquid contents of his receptacle over her - I would consider it not just harsh but absurd in the extreme if a man (or woman) was found to be guilty of domestic violence and subsequently lose their livelihood as a result.

I must admit though, when I ponder it more, I find it hard to believe that police would pursue a judicial hearing against a person for something as harmless (relatively speaking) as throwing a drink over someone. I would have thought they're more likely to tell the accused and the victim to have a cold shower, a cup of coffee, sober up and just move the f**k on...

Green River Eel

Juniors
If the facts presented in court end up being no more than what has been reported initially - that is, Kenny and his partner exchanging words during an argument and then Kenny emptying the liquid contents of his receptacle over her - I would consider it not just harsh but absurd in the extreme if a man (or woman) was found to be guilty of domestic violence and subsequently lose their livelihood as a result.

I must admit though, when I ponder it more, I find it hard to believe that police would pursue a judicial hearing against a person for something as harmless (relatively speaking) as throwing a drink over someone. I would have thought they're more likely to tell the accused and the victim to have a cold shower, a cup of coffee, sober up and just move the f**k on...
Agree and well said.

Chipmunk

Coach

In isolation perhaps you're right, but this isn't his first indiscretion at the Club. And on the issues with the police bothering to pursue the matter, he does have prior offences.

I doubt the NRL will care in regard to the level of domestic violence involved, it's still going to be considered domestic violence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looks like the fun police have already gotten hold of it. Who here hasn't poured a drink over some merkin's head? It's just good, clean fun. When I was a homosexual it was considered foreplay.

Chipmunk

Coach
If found guilty, I expect their contracts to be torn up.

And then re-signed at a fraction of the price

If Radradra's contract is torn up he won't be resigned for a fraction of the price, it will probably be double, even if it was just until August...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bernie tried to grab a 6 pack earlier tonight.

drunkest-guy-ever-o.gif