What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

Lambretta

First Grade
When you go to the movies or the Opera or theatre or gig...do you require give-aways and the like as an incentive to go?

I demand a blow job from the Fat Lady as a minimum pre-requisite for the Opera
Not sure I'd want one of those from Darryl Brohman

JamesRustle

First Grade
Given our form it's ok. Given our fanbase it's poor. Given the lofty goals set by our management, it's atrocious.

I believe a few years ago Peter Doust said we'd have 40,000 by 2017.
The f**ken dipshit.
I suspect we have an ageing fan base in comparison to most other clubs. No doubt on field results impact membership numbers, but so does hope and vision... and that comes from the front office. The Dragons need to target the next generation of supporters and also better engage with current members to drive new membership:
- if the member is a grandparent offer them a couple of tickets for grand kids, coffee and cake offer at the leagues club, option of a club branded thermos flask or pill organiser in the members choice items.
- if the member's address is interstate, look at the draw and see if there is a game in their state e.g. there is no game in Melbourne this year, so get on the front foot and offer a replacement in the interstate package.
- throw in a few drink/meal offers for the Brewery (Gong) or Sizzler (Kog) that can be used on game day.
You'd think by now, all clubs would have a well resourced membership department, capable of independent thought (or with ability to actively seek feedback from all club staff, players and members.... or this thread) to help differentiate and leverage the strengths of individual clubs.... It's a no brainer... If one membership on average brings in $100 net (just a guess) for a club, then give the department a budget of $500k. Every member above 5,000 means $100 free cash flow for the club plus an opportunity to up sell merchandise, sponsor product (who give the club a commission for each sale), local businesses.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done Canberra in particular. Raiders fans is this due to the club membership dept improving or fans generally being more excited by the team on the field?

Clifferd

Coach
Well done Canberra in particular. Raiders fans is this due to the club membership dept improving or fans generally being more excited by the team on the field?

I'd say the latter in particular. Hasn't been a bigger buzz around that town for league that I've seen anyway

I suspect we have an ageing fan base in comparison to most other clubs. No doubt on field results impact membership numbers, but so does hope and vision... and that comes from the front office. The Dragons need to target the next generation of supporters and also better engage with current members to drive new membership:
- if the member is a grandparent offer them a couple of tickets for grand kids, coffee and cake offer at the leagues club, option of a club branded thermos flask or pill organiser in the members choice items.
- if the member's address is interstate, look at the draw and see if there is a game in their state e.g. there is no game in Melbourne this year, so get on the front foot and offer a replacement in the interstate package.
- throw in a few drink/meal offers for the Brewery (Gong) or Sizzler (Kog) that can be used on game day.
You'd think by now, all clubs would have a well resourced membership department, capable of independent thought (or with ability to actively seek feedback from all club staff, players and members.... or this thread) to help differentiate and leverage the strengths of individual clubs.... It's a no brainer... If one membership on average brings in $100 net (just a guess) for a club, then give the department a budget of $500k. Every member above 5,000 means $100 free cash flow for the club plus an opportunity to up sell merchandise, sponsor product (who give the club a commission for each sale), local businesses.

I'm not sure how true it is about not having a young fanbase. I think because, a long with Souths, we have the widest diaspora of fans, kids and family attendance is more difficult than for other clubs. Take Cronulla and Penrith for example where a high percentage of atendees are from surrounding suburbs.

Going forward, there are concerns about engaging potential new fans though due to a loss of local identity. Plenty of people in St. George don't even know what St. George is any more.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pretty good growth fullstop really. Tigers and raiders both up 100 percent from last year.

Most of the losses are quite small. Only souths and the cowboys are above 5 %loses and only thr cowboys are above 10 %.

The nrl itself up 16% what kind of growth would the nrl be looking at year to year?

GAZF

First Grade

An exciting and successful team is one thing but we've been stung plenty of times when getting behind the team after a solid one-off season only to fall in a heap the next. This year feels a bit different as the club seems to be positioning itself better for longer term success. Sticky has been a huge driver of this change though moving McIntyre on has allowed the admin to make tough decisions and work towards a winning culture. Could still go the way that it has in the past but such a large increase in memberships indicates that the public has bought in finally.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The nrl itself up 16% what kind of growth would the nrl be looking at year to year?

Their strategic plan had them aiming for 400,00 members by this year so a fair bit more than 16%. If that was wildly optimistic or Smith had a plan that has fallen away with him going who knows.

taipan

Referee
Cows and Panthers haven't reported for a week.I get over 230,796 with Tigers up to 12,045,,Knights 11,727,plus a couple of other with small daily increases.
Titans must be still sun baking .No change of 8,376 since 30th Jan.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They made 10k last year so I don't think that's the issue. Hopefully they're aiming for 12-14k

Latest posts