What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The heat is on

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Before even rd 1 and the boys on nrl 360 earlier tonight were bagging our attack big time as their first agenda.
The obvious was stated about how our halves are ball playing before the line by 1-2m which makes it easy for defenders to just wait and slide reading our attack easily.
It was also stated that they have had their attack coached out of them by being so structured last year and now just look lost out there. All this before a ball has even been kicked,how embarrasing!
The blow torch is well and truly on Mary right from the get go!

Uplifting

Juniors
I heard some of 'Talkin Sport' on 2SM, they also were very critical of the team selection and Mary's persistents with "the same playing style" which they concluded "must be the only kind Mary is comfortable coaching". They were even discussing succession plans for the coach.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
For a coach under so much pressure I don't know why players like Milne ...who is way better than Lafai...leilua who can offload ..and Mann who was our leading try scorer are all playing for cutters...all dragons fans I speak too say the same thing...nobody is looking foward to this season... The club needs to act before we lose a stack of players.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
For a coach under so much pressure I don't know why players like Milne ...who is way better than Lafai...leilua who can offload ..and Mann who was our leading try scorer are all playing for cutters...all dragons fans I speak too say the same thing...nobody is looking foward to this season... The club needs to act before we lose a stack of players.
I agree with everything you say mate and Im sure so does everyone else.......unfortunately the damage has already been done for this season Im afraid....cant believe we are in this state before round 1.....and thats saying something for me ...It takes a lot for me to give up so early but Im bloody close

possm

Coach
Accountability is the problem. There is not accountability for decisions being made by management.

Mary strongly believes in his 'game plan' which has failed over the past few years. I believe he is trying to prove to himself and everyone else that this style of play can and will be successful.

The Board / Management continue to support Mary while the Club continues to fall and the team continues to fail. There have been too many wasted games and too many failed seasons.

It's now time to name Hasler as our new coach and bring in a caretaker coach for season 2017.

since77

Juniors
Before even rd 1 and the boys on nrl 360 earlier tonight were bagging our attack big time as their first agenda.
The obvious was stated about how our halves are ball playing before the line by 1-2m which makes it easy for defenders to just wait and slide reading our attack easily.
It was also stated that they have had their attack coached out of them by being so structured last year and now just look lost out there. All this before a ball has even been kicked,how embarrasing!

I saw that too. Every single word was spot on. This is what is so frustrating about it - EVERYONE can see the issue - former players, journalists, fans etc.
Yet the coaching staff seem oblivious to the issue. There's no other word except incompetent to describe the coaching methods used.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
The Board of the St George - Illawarra Dragons:

Y7HWpe7.png

dragons girl

Juniors
The blow torch is well and truly on Mary right from the get go!
Says it all doesn"t it?

dragons girl

Juniors
I saw that too. Every single word was spot on. This is what is so frustrating about it - EVERYONE can see the issue - former players, journalists, fans etc.
Yet the coaching staff seem oblivious to the issue. There's no other word except incompetent to describe the coaching methods used.
Hope that the board has a topline coach lined up,and are waiting for the right time to announce it.This situation the club now finds itself in has been in the making for at least 5 years.Now we have former players commentators stating the obvious.Please refer to BringTheNoise photo.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I heard some of 'Talkin Sport' on 2SM, they also were very critical of the team selection and Mary's persistents with "the same playing style" which they concluded "must be the only kind Mary is comfortable coaching". They were even discussing succession plans for the coach.

They also said they can't believe Lafai got a start over Milne. Peter Tunks said he was faster than Lafai.

possm

Coach
That's Mcidiot all over.Doing things his way.Which is ok as long as it works.Not as though we do not have players who can play in these positions.
What a fool Mary is. We are flush with centres and he selects a player who played very poorly last season and in the pre-season trials. To top it all off, the best centre in our club is selected to play reserve grade even though he played well last season and in the pre-season trials.

Is there something I'm not aware of?

dragons girl

Juniors
What a fool Mary is. We are flush with centres and he selects a player who played very poorly last season and in the pre-season trials. To top it all off, the best centre in our club is selected to play reserve grade even though he played well last season and in the pre-season trials.

Is there something I'm not aware of?
No like all of us you can see how shit lafai is.Mann should be in the side.WE all have forsight Mcidiot it seems is not interested in saving his job.Picking a lineup like that shows how inept,and out of his depth he is.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Every NRL show, podcast paper article etc that talks about the Dragons are stating the same obvious issue. Looks like everyone else on the planet knows how bad they are except the men who can make the changes at the Dragons which is sad.

Only thing I hate about all this is that if Saints somehow snag a few wins and come 12th Mary will point to all these articles and say how they were expected to be wooden spoon and the board will listen and give him ANOTHER year to prove himself AGAIN.....

denis preston

First Grade
If we haven't signed up a coach for next season and still let Demetrou go than the the whole board should be sacked by the NRL and a caretaker mob brought in.Surely we have made decisions re 2018.I also think it is something about Marys contract and payout that needs him to still coach for a certain amount of this season so when we sack him we don't pay a cent. Why a three year contract when nobody else would sign him ???

Coffs dragon

Bench
THE HEAT IS ON.....only by media and fans! Management continue to just merely piss in Mary's pocket without applying the blowtorch.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
THE HEAT IS ON.....only by media and fans! Management continue to just merely piss in Mary's pocket without applying the blowtorch.
Spot on mate,i wish our management/board would do something but the problem is that they created this mess and are now just hoping it sorts itself out without being held accountable. The club is a circus!

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Just to make matters worse,matty john's opening season intro for league on triple m has him asking "can the dragons score points"?
WTF is that?
Exit stage left, Mary!