What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Really, were comparing ourselves to soccer and union? Basketball and netball comparisons next? Force opening game drew a crowd of 7,000 and a tv audience of just 38K. Union is slipping into oblivion, hurrah!

No doubt the 16/17 difference is in Sydney viewing and eels being more popular than sharks. No idea why they focus on metro and leave out regional but they always do. Fox slight increase is good given they aren't offering anymore than last year and are charging more. The Leaguechannel is a bit of a dud and of little value add to most and certainly not a subscription driver Id say.

Ok We can compare ourselves to anything, all I'm saying is despite having the game broadcasted on FTA more than twice the people still watched NRL than the other sports mentioned. I also mentioned their sports higher ratings. A lot of Foxsports exclusive games will outrate that, but they aren't going up against FTA, and the fact it improved on last years opening round suggests it was not a disappointing number.

Jizmos

Juniors
Anyone flicked between Fox League and channel 9 and noticed the difference in crowd noise?
Channel 9 almost sounds like they're blowing a hairdryer in to the mics or something.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Anyone flicked between Fox League and channel 9 and noticed the difference in crowd noise?
Channel 9 almost sounds like they're blowing a hairdryer in to the mics or something.

Yes definately... I think nine sounds better for crowd effects , but fox looks way better ,and commentry is better..

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'm not overly surprised it's slightly down on last year. Sharks v Broncos isn't something I was interested in watching, both teams trial form in England was poor and while I don't watch 9 outside of the footy or much FTA TV, I haven't seen much advertising of the game

well one figure has it up
the other down
ive seen 2 different figures ....1089 Mill & 1241 Mill for the opener last year ...
so i don't know if it was down or not

Warriors Fever

Juniors
919K for last nights Souths V Tigers game
274K for Bulldogs V Storm
Noticed the Bulldogs and Storm was just above South V Tigers, Hopefully this says something to the NRL. Surely Fox Ratings wouldn't be any worse on a Sunday night. In fact I think they would be a lot better, due to people watching tv more then.

Billythekid

First Grade
Noticed the Bulldogs and Storm was just above South V Tigers, Hopefully this says something to the NRL. Surely Fox Ratings wouldn't be any worse on a Sunday night. In fact I think they would be a lot better, due to people watching tv more then.

Yep Sunday night ratings would be every bit as good except the crowds wouldn't be total and utter shit. Hopefully this experiment will be short lived.

beave

Coach
Thurs night
Fri night
Saturday 3:30pm ( look to put the Warriors home games in this slot)
Saturday 5:30pm
Saturday 7:30pm
Sunday 2pm
Sunday 4pm
Sunday 7pm

It's not f**king rocket science.

The NRL is trying to put a cap on overall club spending because it's worried teams are just blowing cash with the expectation the NRL will just bail them out with the TV money, but then the NRL goes and allows absolute disgraceful scheduling time slots like this 6pm friday bullshit which completley compromises crowd figures and revenue for the clubs. It's pretty hypocritical of the NRL to want clubs to be self sufficient and limit their spendings for their long term survival, and then schedule games on a friday afternoon.......

For the love of Dally Messenger, end this friday slot madness now. I have been to a monday 6pm game in Townsville (6pm local thanks to the lack of daylight savings) and they had to delay kickoff by 20 odd mins because cars were still streaming in. 6pm on any weekday is sheer lunacy, i love this game til the day I die, but I have never seen a sport so prepared to lay down and take it in the ass on a constant basis. The Welsh banker had fox over a barrell, but Grant and his mongo sidekick undid all his good work and rollled over like a bunch of patsys and allowed this shit to happen. Both of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Thurs night
Fri night
Saturday 3:30pm look to put the Warriors in games here)
Saturday 5:30pm
Saturday 7:30
Sunday 2pm
Sunday 4pm
Sunday 7pm

It's not f**king rocket science.

meh
6pm Sundays would be a lot better
also a Perth side playing in this time slot would be kicking off at 4pm their time
& if it was in QLD for the first month
it'd be 5pm

beave

Coach
meh
6pm Sundays would be a lot better
also a Perth side playing in this time slot would be kicking off at 4pm their time
& if it was in QLD for the first month
it'd be 5pm
6-7pm, whatever RD, you get where I'm coming from.

Raiderdave

First Grade
the issue with pretty OK ratings for the 6pm Friday game ( 274K )
is fox will consider that a success
hopefully those sorts of ratings won't continue

otherwise it will be ney on impossible to get rid of that time slot

the game needs to grow some balls & get rid of all stupid time slots for the next media rights deal
No regular Thursday
No regular 6pm Friday
No regular Monday

some11

Referee
Do Fox report state-based ratings?

Four weeks of 5pm Friday games in QLD, it's ridiculous.

BlueandGold

Juniors
well one figure has it up
the other down
ive seen 2 different figures ....1089 Mill & 1241 Mill for the opener last year ...
so i don't know if it was down or not

Last years opener was Parra vs Broncos

Ratings reflect the difference Between Parra and Sharks on FTA.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Would be good if we could get round by round comparison's to last year and the end of each weekend. Am interested to see how the new scheduling stacks up

NRL 2016 Aus only (NRL 2017)

Round 1
Thursday, March 3
Eels vs. Broncos Pirtek Stadium 8:05pm
Nine 674,000 (metro) +357 (Reg)
Fox Sports 219,000 = 1.25m

Thu TV #NRLSharksBroncos #Nine #9Gem #WWOS 894k (Metro 545k Regional 349k) Thu STV #FoxSports 231k 1.125m

Friday, March 4
Sea Eagles vs. Bulldogs Brookvale Oval 8:05pm
Nine 756,000
Fox Sports 139,000 = 895k

Fri TV #NRL #NRLSouthsTigers 695k: Metro Nine/9Gem 430k (Syd 234k Bri 149k Mel 28k), Regional 265k #FoxLeague #FoxSports 270k 965k

Saturday, March 5
Raiders vs. Panthers GIO Stadium 3:00pm
Fox Sports 211,000

Sat STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLDragonsPanthers 229k

Tigers vs. Warriors Campbelltown Stadium 5:30pm
Fox Sports 237,000

Sat STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLCowboysRaiders 333k

Cowboys vs. Sharks 1300Smiles Stadium 7:30pm
Fox Sports 359,000

Sat STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLTitansRoosters 241k

Sunday, March 6
Roosters vs. Rabbitohs Allianz Stadium 4:00pm
Nine 563,000
Fox Sports 172,000 = 735k

Sun STV #NRL#FoxLeague #NRLSeaEaglesEels 215k #Nine#9Gem#WWOS??

Titans vs. Knights Cbus Super Stadium 6:30pm
Fox Sports 238,000

Sun STV #NRL#FoxLeague #NRLWarriorsKnights 198k

Monday, March 7
Storm vs. Dragons AAMI Park 7:00pm
Fox Sports 289,000

Fri STV #NRL #FoxLeague #FoxSports #NRLBulldogsStorm 274k

ROUND 1 TOTAL = 4.226m

2017 ROUND 1 TOTAL = 3.580m Sunday FTA ratings missing between Manly and Parra.

Last edited: