What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Rd 1 Games

southland

Juniors
Luke Keary deadly against Titans. Would like to see Maloney take a leaf out of this game and play a bit more on both sides of the field. In fact Pearce and Keary were by far the sharpest halves pairing so far this Rd. They ran straight at the line time and again not sideways.. Fast and direct play which sets up the structure for an attacking spread. Really hope Flanballs walks our team through some video of this type of play.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well without 2 of our quickest guys from last year, even that play would be less effective.

Desperately need Holmes back to create some variety in our backline.

Geez I hope he's up to the task of being fullback, it's not a foregone conclusion imo, as good as he is.

Luke Keary deadly against Titans. Would like to see Maloney take a leaf out of this game and play a bit more on both sides of the field. In fact Pearce and Keary were by far the sharpest halves pairing so far this Rd. They ran straight at the line time and again not sideways.. Fast and direct play which sets up the structure for an attacking spread. Really hope Flanballs walks our team through some video of this type of play.
I dont know what you're getting at here. Last year, in nearly every game, both Chad and Jimmy interchanged sides at some point. They may have only done it for a few moves a game but it did happen.
I didn't watch the game but if the Roosters did it last night you can sure as shyte put it down to "what did the top teams do last year? We'll copy and expand a bit" , thats how rugby league works and evolves.

southland

Juniors
I don't recall Maloney popping up much on the right hand side last year? Maybe he did... I def don't think Chad floats out around the left that much either... Would sure like to see both our halves active in varying their positions for attack some more

shaggs

Coach
The roosters played straight again St a defence that was on the back foot from minute 1.

Majority of our games were like that last year.
We started last year playing a bit sideways and built the attack up. Once we get our ball control/security sorted it will happen.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Titans made the Roosters look good, their defence was a rabble. I turned it off at 26-0. Don't know how the fk the Tits came back as much as they did, I thought they were going to get 50 put on them.

Out of all the teams this round so far, Penrith and Titans have plenty of work to do. Rabbits goooorne!!

Card Shark

Immortal
We also have plenty of work to do but we have heaps of scope for improvement.

Other clubs, not so much.

I actually don't mind we lost round 1, it's how we react that matters.

Ads

First Grade
I don't recall Maloney popping up much on the right hand side last year? Maybe he did... I def don't think Chad floats out around the left that much either... Would sure like to see both our halves active in varying their positions for attack some more
Same, I cant remember a time when Chad and Maloney weren't stationed on their particular sides. Maybe they get in the middle a bit together but thats about it.

Did you watch the grand final?
One of my strongest memories of that game was Jimmy on the right side- straightening the attack, making a break and passing to Luke Lewis who nearly scored.
I'm not going through the whole season to make a point, this was just the obvious one.
Here's a vid at that exact spot.

snout

First Grade
Titans made the Roosters look good, their defence was a rabble. I turned it off at 26-0. Don't know how the fk the Tits came back as much as they did, I thought they were going to get 50 put on them.

Out of all the teams this round so far, Penrith and Titans have plenty of work to do. Rabbits goooorne!!
Yep.

Henry wouldve been kicking cats.
Tits actually gave up at 30 minute mark. Without halftime it wouldve 100.

Rorts gave up at halftime.
Up 28 blot, their heart wasnt in it til Tits got within 10 - then decided to put them away.

southland

Juniors
One of my strongest memories of that game was Jimmy on the right side- straightening the attack, making a break and passing to Luke Lewis who nearly scored.
I'm not going through the whole season to make a point, this was just the obvious one.

More of that!

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

Never seen that game before...

Card Shark

Immortal
Warriors tried their best to lose to Newcastle & the Eels win their traditional rd 1 game, against the Eagles, can they sustain it?

Great round 1 I thought, but now the cobwebs are blown out & the built up off-season emotion has expired, time to get down to the real business.

Latest posts