What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And don't forget any player who signs a one year contract is immediately off contract like anyone else with a year to run. They're all looking to their futures long before this stage of the season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah Foran was really looking to the future when he carried on like a Pork Chop last season....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If there is any truth in this then in his favour is the fact that if he was on say $1 million, then the Bronx would only have to fork out about $200K as they rely on TPAs

In this case I'm not sure too many sponsors would be lining up to help sign this train wreck so the Bronx may even have to use their own money if they want to sign him.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Gee whiz who would have thought foran would have turned into a circus 2 years ago.

They guy seemed like the perfect footballer, person and role model whenever he spoke in interviews.

Now he has just completely lost it.

84 Baby

Referee
Gee whiz who would have thought foran would have turned into a circus 2 years ago.

They guy seemed like the perfect footballer, person and role model whenever he spoke in interviews.

Now he has just completely lost it.
He contracted a very harmful but (some would say unfortunately) non-lethal disease.

Parraitis

Gronk

Staff member
New Zealand Warriors signing Kieran Foran looking for a move already? Please say it isn't so

• Phil Gould
I try not to deal in rumours and I certainly hate reacting to unfounded media reports. However, one headline caught my eye this week with regards to Kieran Foran's management team allegedly approaching the Brisbane Broncos about a potential contract for the 2018 playing season. Please say it isn't so.

I certainly hope this is an unsubstantiated rumour. I don't know what happened to Foran at Manly. I don't know why he decided to join the Eels. I don't know the real story about what happened to him at Parramatta and why they parted company. All the hullabaloo around his supposed friendship with colourful characters is of no interest to me at all.

However, I would find it highly insulting to his new club, the New Zealand Warriors, if the star halfback was already making plans to leave them prior to the commencement of the 2017 season. The Warriors have obviously invested time, energy and money to get Foran for this season. Not to mention the work behind the scenes to appease the NRL integrity unit and have them clearing Foran to play in the NRL and resurrecting his career. I would hope that Foran gets out on the front foot very quickly to either confirm or deny this report. Again, please say it isn't so.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dy-please-say-it-isnt-so-20170228-gumu48.html

strider

Post Whore
Is it possible Forans 1 year deal at the warriors was always only going to be a 1 year deal? .... perhaps the warriors are well aware of it all?

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm curious to know, does the NRL actually have any power to stop a bookmaker that has no association with the NRL offering a market on anything they want?

Gronk

Staff member
I'm curious to know, does the NRL actually have any power to stop a bookmaker that has no association with the NRL offering a market on anything they want?

Don't know. Somehow the NRL have partnerships with bookies and somehow they get 1.5% of turnover. May have something do with a bookie's right to use NRL trademarks & logos I expect.

Dave Smith seized on a change in state government legislation that allowed the NRL to claim 1.5 per cent of all betting turnover on the NRL. It netted the game millions in cash — but tied the code to the truth that bookmakers were now a partner.

The NRL currently boasts partnerships with 18 corporate bookmakers on its website.

LINK

Chipmunk

Coach
Don't know. Somehow the NRL have partnerships with bookies and somehow they get 1.5% of turnover. May have something do with a bookie's right to use NRL trademarks & logos I expect.

LINK

So if a bookmaker is happy to pay the NRL its 1.5% turnover but refuses to be dictated to on what markets it can bet on, what could the NRL actually do?

Gronk

Staff member
So if a bookmaker is happy to pay the NRL its 1.5% turnover but refuses to be dictated to on what markets it can bet on, what could the NRL actually do?

Well I would think that bets being within NRL set boundaries and bookies giving the NRL access to all wager stats/details would be part of the bookie partnership agreements.

Gronk

Staff member
WARRIORS star Kieran Foran is struggling to overcome a shoulder injury and may be unavailable for his much-anticipated round three comeback match.

The Daily Telegraph understands Foran’s shoulder is mending slowly but not quite at the speed he thought.

There were suggestions Foran may in fact be out until around round eight in what would be another significant setback in his spluttering career.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/f8d01c1275072d3a0fd429b62f4e640e

emjaycee

Coach
At what point are we going to stop posting articles about Foran? Does anyone care anymore.

You would have to ask @Gronk as he is our resident "find anything on the internet that is in any way related to any past, present or possibly future Parramatta player and post a link to it in whatever thread seems appropriate at the time" member.

Gronk

Staff member
You would have to ask @Gronk as he is our resident "find anything on the internet that is in any way related to any past, present or possibly future Parramatta player and post a link to it in whatever thread seems appropriate at the time" member.

Yep and there is also a thread where merkins post about any building / park / light rail proposal mooted for Parramatta.

But hey, if you only want stuff posted about players in the current squad and it affects you guys to such an extent that you really need to happen
angered.gif
then I hear you loud and clear.

Maybe @forward pass should start a poll. I'm a reasonable person and dig the democratic process. I appoint @Poupou Escobar as adjudicator cos he is our resident analyst and an expert on sample sizes n stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk is our own automated parra google .... i wouldnt know half the shit i know without him posting it on here - so dont try n disuede him

Too late, it seems there is a movement. A movement like you've never seen before. upload_2017-3-8_15-3-21.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts