What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Careful what you wish for

BennyV

Referee
Just to clarify. I would never cheer for any other team but my beloved Dragons BUT do you think us losing the next 4-5 games WILL demand change?
No.

I get what you're saying, but it shouldnt come to that. There has been enough evidence before a ball was kicked this year that Mary needs to go. Player-wise, we have a bright future, but as long as that idiot is calling the shots, it's for nought.

Now, I dont hope the Dragons lose, but there may be a silver lining when we do. I may find myself not caring, or laughing at how dopey our game strategy is, or even (before kick off) thinking that a loss might be the best thing for us. But I still cheer us on and hope that we rally and muster a comeback. And when we do lose, I just tell myself it's 1 loss closer to being rid of that moron.

In saying all that - I dont think any number of losses will see him removed, he is too close to those making the calls.

mbk78

Juniors
No.

I get what you're saying, but it shouldnt come to that. There has been enough evidence before a ball was kicked this year that Mary needs to go. Player-wise, we have a bright future, but as long as that idiot is calling the shots, it's for nought.

Now, I dont hope the Dragons lose, but there may be a silver lining when we do. I may find myself not caring, or laughing at how dopey our game strategy is, or even (before kick off) thinking that a loss might be the best thing for us. But I still cheer us on and hope that we rally and muster a comeback. And when we do lose, I just tell myself it's 1 loss closer to being rid of that moron.

In saying all that - I dont think any number of losses will see him removed, he is too close to those making the calls.
Benny unfortunately there's so much truth in what you say...

Crush

Coach
To be crystal clear, I want Dragons to lose (and by more points the better). What you can't get your pea brain around is that a series of losses is the best thing for this club.

So yes, I'll be cheering for a loss. In order for them to genuinely compete again.

Straight Shooter
OV, I just want to make sure that you are getting the help that you need. R U OK? Depression is a serious disease and its no laughing matter. Mate, if you ever want to talk about your depression or anything just send me a private message and I will point you in the right direction. Hope that you are feeling better soon bro.

I get what you're saying, but it shouldnt come to that. There has been enough evidence before a ball was kicked this year that Mary needs to go.

Benny, I absolutely agree that it shouldn't come to that. But look at the unashamedly inept and nepotistic organisation we're dealing with. It is nothing short of extraordinary that Mary wasn't moved on last year. Even more extraordinary that Doust has clinged onto his role for 15 odd years. It simply defies logic.

Unfortunately, the club has to become a train wreck before long awaited action is taken.

Straight Shooter

OV, I just want to make sure that you are getting the help that you need. R U OK? Depression is a serious disease and its no laughing matter. Mate, if you ever want to talk about your depression or anything just send me a private message and I will point you in the right direction. Hope that you are feeling better soon bro.

No, I'm not ok. Thanks to (in order of importance):
1. The board;
2. Doust; and
3. Mary.

Other than Dragons footy, life is grand.

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter.
In the words of Dangerous Dave: you sir can f**k off. Don't EVER question my loyalty Sunshine...

I've bit my tongue for too long but we need to have this discussion:
1. Me and like-minded people are true fans;
2. You and other mindless cheer squad members are not fans but sycophants.

I trust you appreciate the difference.

Straight Shooter

MilanDragon

Juniors
I've bit my tongue for too long but we need to have this discussion:
1. Me and like-minded people are true fans;
2. You and other mindless cheer squad members are not fans but sycophants.

I trust you appreciate the difference.

Straight Shooter

Your view is warped. I'm only quoting your latest post not the others too..which add to my view.

Just because someone doesn't share your exact view or opinion they are mindless? Very interesting... sounds very close-minded to me.. and someone with such a closed mind can't have an objective view.

Now as a few others have mentioned I've never cheered for another team against the dragons and never will. However, you would think in a results based business that if we have a few more poor weeks/months that would act as a wake up call and potentially lead to change.

My big concern is the board, how we have a CEO that has us millions in debt after being in the role15 years I can't fathom.

Sharp shooter

BennyV

Referee
Benny, I absolutely agree that it shouldn't come to that. But look at the unashamedly inept and nepotistic organisation we're dealing with. It is nothing short of extraordinary that Mary wasn't moved on last year. Even more extraordinary that Doust has clinged onto his role for 15 odd years. It simply defies logic.

Unfortunately, the club has to become a train wreck before long awaited action is taken.

Straight Shooter
We could become the mother of all train wrecks and it wont make a difference. These idiots are here to stay. And when they do move on, they will be replaced by sons, nephews and mates who will carry on the tradition.

The best we can hope for is a change of coach to allow us to enjoy the footy while we still have a club to enjoy.

thebigredv

First Grade
We are copping punishment now with these 6:30 Sunday games. We've been so boring the last few years the NRL are beginning to disown us. Can't blame em.

possm

Coach
NEWS FLASH!
We can have it all, that is Mary gone for next year and our mighty Dragons winning the majority of games in 2017. How?

The Board announce Mary will NOT be the Dragons head coach beyond season 2017.
The Board announce the name of our NEW top line first grade head coach.

That's it, SIMPLES!!!!!

St Georgio

Juniors
It doesn't have to be complicated, why can't the team perform well and win games, shake Marys hand thank him for his services to the club and move on.
But it is understandable for some to want a forced change by losing games, its kind of insurance knowing that if they were to lost the next 4 games, this silly board of ours would have no other option, it is also sad that that the Dragons standards have dropped so far down that winning 50% of games allows an extension to someones coaching contract.
If I was CEO, I would let Mary know that I would be looking for a new head coach for 2018!

possm

Coach
We need the Board to tell Doust to get off his behind and go and approach Hasler, Walters, Cleary again. No more trying to negotiate a salary point at a price he knows they won't accept. Put it down to having to pay for past bad decisions.

Uplifting

Juniors
I've comer to terms with having Mary for the rest of the season. And hope that we have a new coach in 2018.

If he just selected the best backline available I just think we would actually have a good season.

For a fellow who was a great back I just don't get it. Mary seems to be more realistic about what makes a good forward and even half than a back???

possm

Coach
I've comer to terms with having Mary for the rest of the season. And hope that we have a new coach in 2018.

If he just selected the best backline available I just think we would actually have a good season.

For a fellow who was a great back I just don't get it. Mary seems to be more realistic about what makes a good forward and even half than a back???
I can only think that he knows who is going and who is staying at the end of this season. This is probably clouding his selection judgment.

Maybe Mary would like to pick up a fullback prior to June 30 and so needs to let go a few players to fit him under the cap.

Gomarchin

Juniors
What does Mark Coyne and his committee/panel think about our coaching situation for 2018?

Has he finished his duties or is he still involved? Why can't we demand the best available coach?

Uplifting

Juniors
If the committee are as professional as some of us hope, then they're waiting for 2018 for a coach change simply because that's when the coach/es they are interested in become available.

There's been nothing about Coyne and co in the media since they implemented those changes about limiting the coaches delegations. Good question, are they still overseeing the footballing operations?