What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news in the 2nd last issue of RLW.
Kikau off contract at seasons end is being hunted by a few clubs with the Eels leading the chase. Expect a few ridiculous amounts being thrown at him.

I hope we can hang on to him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Kikau off contract at seasons end is being hunted by a few clubs with the Eels leading the chase. Expect a few ridiculous amounts being thrown at him.

Never fear... Tim Browne is locked up on a top 25 spot until 2018.

Who cares about retaining Sitaleki Akauolo and Villiame Kikau?

Never fear... Tim Browne is locked up on a top 25 spot until 2018.

Who cares about retaining Sitaleki Akauolo and Villiame Kikau?

If we don't keep Whare I believe we can make competitive offers to try and keep the pair of them, but you are always going to have stupid clubs offering way over market value.

maple_69

Bench
How many international outside backs can we have on the books? It's at 5 at the moment and Peach/Blake are not far away. We need to move on Hiku and Whare or even DWZ if Whare proves himself back to his best, before we let Kikau go. Aku is coming along nicely, but we don't have anyone at the club with the kind of rampaging potential Kikau has and I think that quality in our squad is the only thing we lack currently. Our whole forward pack is outstanding but in terms of physical impact in each play, none of them are dominant. Matty Elliot's breakdown really highlighted how every play Kikau was involved in, he dominated physically and drastically. Must sign for me.

Panther91-03

Juniors
How many international outside backs can we have on the books? It's at 5 at the moment and Peach/Blake are not far away. We need to move on Hiku and Whare or even DWZ if Whare proves himself back to his best, before we let Kikau go. Aku is coming along nicely, but we don't have anyone at the club with the kind of rampaging potential Kikau has and I think that quality in our squad is the only thing we lack currently. Our whole forward pack is outstanding but in terms of physical impact in each play, none of them are dominant. Matty Elliot's breakdown really highlighted how every play Kikau was involved in, he dominated physically and drastically. Must sign for me.

I agree on this but I would so far leave the backs as DWZ, Peachey, Moylan, Blake and Mansour with Edwards as back up. The rest can move on though Whare is one of the best at centre I feel more injures will set him back longer. As for Hiku I don't really rate him thag much due to his defence but still pretty good at attack.

mxlegend99

Referee
No one is must keep.
He's better than Mckendry and Browne are already. He deserves a spot in our top 17.

He has size and loves to use it. He's pretty much the only bloke like that at the club. Elliott compared him to Taumololo. He has the size and athleticism to be like him.

Would be a huge mistake to lose him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kikau has played one game and there is no doubt he has tremendous potential which is why we signed him in the first place. I'm sure if he continues to improve and establishes himself in our top 17 then Gus will do everything he can to lock him up for next year and beyond.

Kilkenny

Coach

It is a fact of life with the salary cap quality players off contract are going to attract offers from rival clubs.

As for the Eels leading the chase for Kikau it was only last year was it not they were having to off load players just to fit under the cap after systematic rorting off the salary cap.

Big Mick

Referee
I do hope we do everything possible to keep Kikau.

I think we will as we have guys like Whare etc off contract which wont be retained.

Hope we can keep him.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's also a fact we could have got him to sign an extension and not wasted a spot on Browne.
Exactly. We wasted a top 25 spot on a plodder knowing he wasn't good enough for our top 17 and that we had players with a lot more potential running around.

Give Kikau a 3 year contract extension last year instead of Browne and you get him for a hell of a lot cheaper than you would now.

Panther Pete

Juniors
The guys played one first grade game, off the bench, limited minutes.

Sure he has potential but lets see if he lives up to it first.

I will reserve my judgement when he has had a few more games.
Exactly. No doubt Kikau looks good and has a heap of potential but he has played part of one game, perhaps we should see a bit more of him at NRL level before offering him a lengthy contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.