What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol, here's the Thaiday of the forums... always third man in. ;)

I refuse to go to Homebush because... it sucks as a ground to watch rugby league.
Yeah what a loyal fan, thanks for proving my point...........

There is nothing wrong with ANZ, just takes you more than 10mins to get to the game.

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We lost that game on some poor defence, .

Not sure our defence was that bad. Yeah the first two tries was poor. But the last two had a bit of luck. A rebound is always a lottery and the last one could have gone either way.

Ball control was shit!! Discipline was shit!!

Kornstar

Coach
The point is a senior player (the captain, no less!) shouldn't put himself in a position where he can be so easily penalised.

Scott, for all his upside, gives away a lot of penalties.

Can't argue with that but it is no different to way Bird, Gallen, Smith etc. play.

They were all garbage except Brown and Mannah. Beau Scott looked like a 60 year old man out there playing golden oldies and I couldn't help but laugh when that tampon, Pritchard came off again. He is made of glass. Gutherson is the most uncoordinated half we have had since Finch. He was shit house. His lack of pace annoys the f**k out of me. Robson was very disappointing and should go back to park football permanently.

I had my doubts about Gutherson. When Norman went off in the 9s Gutherson failed to take control that was a sign that he's not a half. And we saw him again today without Norman, he's got no plan or can't follow it. Saying that the Fossil Robson didn't help him out. Norman is everything to Parra, we found out that for sure tonight when we could not beat a team which was depleted before and during the game.

When Ash Taylor come soff contract you chuck the bank at him IMO.

IFR33K

Coach
After reading all the crap from the previous pages, I need to know some important info.

Who's our 2017 scapegoat?

Eelogical

Referee
I called an Eels win and a solid one at that. It just goes to show how performances can be erratic week to week. I don't buy the 5 day turnaround. Titans more than deserved that win. We were handed our arse on a plate. BA has some work ahead. Kudos to all those who predicted a Titans win,

bartman

Immortal
Very disappointing effort from Robson, with over 150 NRL games, to not take control at any stage tbh. Even as a back up, as an experienced halfback he should have taken control of the side.
Bit hard for a half when your forwards were getting reamed up the middle, and not controlling/slowing down the ruck!

Avenger

Immortal
Matagi was very good. Gutherson started well but he suffered because his halfback couldn't take charge of the game and order the side around....tough to blame him in his third game at 6 when Robbo has over 150 at 7.
Why even f**king play Robson? I'd almost play anyone there except him. Would have been a perfect opportunity to play a young kid there like Fogarty or Dargan against such an understrength side.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure our defence was that bad. Yeah the first two tries was poor. But the last two had a bit of luck. A rebound is always a lottery and the last one could have gone either way.

Ball control was shit!! Discipline was shit!!

On the whole the defence was ok, but what I meant by "some" poor defence was individual moments that let us down, sadly mostly from Taka

bartman

Immortal
Yeah what a loyal fan, thanks for proving my point...........

There is nothing wrong with ANZ, just takes you more than 10mins to get to the game.

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
Lol. If you'd bothered to read the (now historical) posts about the issue, I've lived closer to Homebush than Parra Stadium for gee... 20 years now?

Faaaaaaaaaail !!!

Bazal

Post Whore
Bit hard for a half when your forwards were getting reamed up the middle, and not controlling/slowing down the ruck!

We made more metres up the middle than the Titans you clot....we contained their forwards all night and made more metres with the ball ourselves. I look forward to hearing how that amounts to "getting reamed"