What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
No he isn't but you have to admit he is an uncoordinated slow couch. His kick out on the full had me wanting to go all medieval on his arse.
But why was he kicking in that situation? Long kicking is probably the weakest part of his game....where was the 150 game halfback?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we can start the season 3 from 4 it will be a good start.

From following the Brian Smith era, I have always been happy starting the year with 3 wins from the first 6 (that was the best smith ever achieved), by then the combos start clicking and players have match fitness.

PS our worse loss was in 2005 in the first few rounds, was something like 50 to 14 or so, 40 to nil at half time against the broncos. We won the minor premiership that year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brown to dummy half was a mistake, Robbo to nine and Taka to 6 couldn't have been any worse. Also would of got him away from the edges.

strider

Post Whore
But why was he kicking in that situation? Long kicking is probably the weakest part of his game....where was the 150 game halfback?
He's one of the kicking options - he's gotta put a few kicks in a game

He f**ked up then ... but he wasnt our worst tonight .... the whole team didnt wanna be there

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol. If you'd bothered to read the (now historical) posts about the issue, I've lived closer to Homebush than Parra Stadium for gee... 20 years now?

Faaaaaaaaaail !!!
I really care about your life story, more proof even more you are a pissweak fan.

Bazal

Post Whore
He's one of the kicking options - he's gotta put a few kicks in a game

He f**ked up then ... but he wasnt our worst tonight .... the whole team didnt wanna be there

Sure, he does...but in a game chasing situation I'd hope the experienced player would take the reigns from the rookie. It was the kick of someone hoping for a bit of a miracle play where we needed the steady hand.

T-Boon

Coach
When we went ahead by 12 we just seemed to switch off a little and that led to making sloppy errors and generally being a step off the pace. They basically out hustled us after that and then by the time we realised we were in the glue we had lost a bit of confidence and just could not execute which in turn feed the Titans hustle.

Moeroa's dumb arse penalty from the late hit shoulder charge stands out as the real turning point for me.

strider

Post Whore
Sure, he does...but in a game chasing situation I'd hope the experienced player would take the reigns from the rookie. It was the kick of someone hoping for a bit of a miracle play where we needed the steady hand.
He was under pressure, he rushed it, came off the side of his boot and just went out ... hardly chasing the miracle play - just another in a long line of f**k ups tonight

Semi dropping 2 10m out was worse .... taka's obsession with running in on the 4th player in was worse .... general lack of concentration across the field was worse

When we went ahead by 12 we just seemed to switch off a little and that led to making sloppy errors and generally being a step off the pace. They basically out hustled us after that and then by the time we realised we were in the glue we had lost a bit of confidence and just could not execute which in turn feed the Titans hustle.

Moeroa's dumb arse penalty from the late hit shoulder charge stands out as the real turning point for me.

Problem is there was so many dumb arse moments, it's just so hard to choose a winner

strider

Post Whore

We really did totally switch off... our first 15 mins was fine - then no one seemed to give a f**k

The Titans were actually crap too if you ask me ... many of their tries were arsey crap from lucky kicks - but we let em get in that position to pull off some arsey crap

Absolute f**king bludger of a game

Bazal

Post Whore
He was under pressure, he rushed it, came off the side of his boot and just went out ... hardly chasing the miracle play - just another in a long line of f**k ups tonight

I'm not the one blaming Gutho for the kick ;-) I just think it needed a cool head and not a rookie

T-Boon

Coach
Problem is there was so many dumb arse moments, it's just so hard to choose a winner

True, Beau Scott made several - 3 that I can think of. 2 strips that were rightly called against him and then one against him that was rightly called a knock on when I think he was trying to milk a penalty. \

We knocked a lot of ball on falling on loose balls. Thats a signed of being mentally at 90%.