What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forevermakingthreadafterthread

IF THE CLUBS AND PLAYERS CAN BE FINED SO SHOULD THE NRL AND THE REF BOSS AND THE REFS BE FINED TOO

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Agree. Loosing Sam would be my last option. But he needs a partner in crime, Te'o style. IMO, Sharks are hedging bets on Wade Graham. If we don't have an offer on the table we aren't serious about making our forwards great again.

Yeah it's really tough. jason taumololo is the best forward in the game cause he just puts his head down and runs. I feel like that's something that's lost in the current game. Forwards try to look for gaps in the line instead of just running hard. I would love to recruit a solid, experienced forward but I don't think there's anyone free on the market. I still think Aaron woods would be a great buy.

JetRider

Juniors
Yeah it's really tough. jason taumololo is the best forward in the game cause he just puts his head down and runs. I feel like that's something that's lost in the current game. Forwards try to look for gaps in the line instead of just running hard. I would love to recruit a solid, experienced forward but I don't think there's anyone free on the market. I still think Aaron woods would be a great buy.
Taumolo also has a good step something that George had in 2014 if the twins run hard and change direction once in a while they would be more effective because of their size.

doyen

Bench
That's straight up a serious problem. If people are stealing our youth then we should be stealing other people's youth.

Nat & Egan BUTCHER were 2 of Sths best up & comers--now with the Roosters!!

Add Grant GARVEY,Brock GRAY,Paul MOMIROVSKI who are now in their top squad;with Nat BUTCHER!!!!

Lord knows how many from SG Ball & Matthews!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Taumolo also has a good step something that George had in 2014 if the twins run hard and change direction once in a while they would be more effective because of their size.

Let's be real though. George needs to get the errors out of his game before he can even consider himself near taumololo's level.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
r20 ile say this from the heart but as u say we cant candy coat things....i like talakai but he is average i like crichton but he is not doing anything spectacular but who knows in the future yes i like him but so what that dont win titles?clark tyrrell and turner fug me are we happy they are in 1st grade fug no....hunt and gray and aj and morieocdre and nielsen fug me r20 they are all shiiiit mate. how can we be a top 8 team with the few duds here that i have mentioned above we got no hope u know that but the blind no seers cant see it!!!!!!we will have a hard year ahead mate only us can see it..its strange they all keep saying turner this clark that aj this and that and tyrrell is ok and hunt is this and that fug me we have never had so many duds in 1st grade for decades...this is crazy where is russell crowe?????does he like mediocrity??fug me.....Shadow

Galeforce

Bench
Nervous nellies writing off our team after round 4.
We are 2 from 4 , if we are 12 from 24 , we are still are chance to make the 8 in 2017.

We may or may not get walloped next week against the Cowboys , regardless i still think we have a chance of making the 8 this year , however we need injuries/suspensions and a bit of luck to go our way from here.

If we only lose 9 games from here , we are definitely in the 8 , 10 losses and maybe.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
galeforce stop dreaming cobber your outta touch with reality on this subject......hang on let me dream with you oh yeah we can still make the 8 tom and george wont drop balls we got no inglis but we got cherro,rochow, talakai,turner,clark,tyrrell,and hunt,and siti moroceidre and if we lose moroceidre we can use nielsen.just tell me how am i going mate i would like to know and while your at it just ask r20 he can dream along with us i am sure he would enjoy that.p.s. galeforce we are sweet mate we can make the 8 fug me r20 they got no idea mate....Shadow...

DiegoNT

First Grade
Taumololo is more then just a hard runner. That's his biggest strength of course, but he has built on that strength. He has good foot work, he can pass before the line, he has a good offload and a fast play the ball. George has similar hard running without any of those other features. Guys can just pick him off so easy, there is no danger of a pass or an offload, and with no footwork he would be easy to tackle.

I don't mind Clarks 'dancing around'. Hard running isn't Clarks strength. But that dancing around enables him to get to his stomach quick for a faster play the ball. Yea it looks weak because he hasn't kept pumping his legs and made extra metres after contact, but his sacrificing that for either a quick play the ball or a chance at an offload. Most good props in the game are experts at getting tackled onto their stomach for a quick play the ball. I remember our local club managed to get Mal Meninga in to coach a session about a decade a go, and the biggest thing he stressed to us young fellas was getting to your stomach and fast play the balls.
That's the problem with the Twins. While it may seem they are bending the line, because they have no threat of an offload, when they fight for those few extra metres they are allowing the defensive line to get set, and because they usually end up on their back with an epicly slow play the ball the guy taking the next hit up is easy pickings. The twins hit the ground running, but george was a bench player on 2013, tom in 13 and 14, and I think defenders realised after 14 that they aren't going to step or pass.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Really? I don't know about that comment since coming back he hasn't had that same impact as season past
He is the same as pre-14 Sam.
But in that time he had Asotasi, Croker, Mcqueen, teo, lima. At the time Sam was in the top group of forwards but in no way could you say he was the best in the nrl. If he had an off game their was cover for him
Even in early 2014 he was average. He had a few shockers early in 2014. Then he finished the year with about 10 great games. At the form he was the best forward.

When we signed him back we assumed he'd be late 2014 Sam. That's a player worth getting rid off several test and origin players for. What we have is 2010-2013 Sam. If any Souths fan thinks Sam is still in the top 10 forwards in the game they aren't watching many other games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really? I don't know about that comment since coming back he hasn't had that same impact as season past
Huh????????

We would be getting pumped by 50 regularly without Sam.

Tom and George couldn't catch if their lives depended on it.

Clark is too small for prop and gets forced back. He can't break the line.

Tyrrell is past it!!!!!!!!

Turner makes his tackles but can't break the line or make anough hit ups and doesn't have impact.

Rochow is a bit better than Clark but is a plodder!!!!!!!!!

Sutto is getting older!!!!!!!!!

I don't think people realise how much Sam does!!!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He is the same as pre-14 Sam.
But in that time he had Asotasi, Croker, Mcqueen, teo, lima. At the time Sam was in the top group of forwards but in no way could you say he was the best in the nrl. If he had an off game their was cover for him
Even in early 2014 he was average. He had a few shockers early in 2014. Then he finished the year with about 10 great games. At the form he was the best forward.

When we signed him back we assumed he'd be late 2014 Sam. That's a player worth getting rid off several test and origin players for. What we have is 2010-2013 Sam. If any Souths fan thinks Sam is still in the top 10 forwards in the game they aren't watching many other games.

Sam isn't in the top 10 forwards? I couldn't name more than 5 forwards that are better than Sam.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Huh????????

We would be getting pumped by 50 regularly without Sam.

Tom and George couldn't catch if their lives depended on it.

Clark is too small for prop and gets forced back. He can't break the line.

Tyrrell is past it!!!!!!!!

Turner makes his tackles but can't break the line or make anough hit ups and doesn't have impact.

Rochow is a bit better than Clark but is a plodder!!!!!!!!!

Sutto is getting older!!!!!!!!!

I don't think people realise how much Sam does!!!!!!!!

I know Sam actually carries our team. he can't do more than he already does. It's the players around him that need to lift.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are missing a number of good backs atm Gi, Gray, Hunt and Burns
I don't think Hunt is good.

Hunt is inconsistent!!!!!!!! I'm disappointed in him!!!!!!!

Burns is finding his feet!!! I wouldn't call him good yet!!!!!!

When Gray is fit he also hasn't found any consistency yet!!!!

We have to stop sugar coating things Rsag!!!!!!

We have to be dead honest and realistic here!!!!

Also AJ can't defend at fullback, he's a turnstile!!!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Correctamundo.

He tries to inspire the others but geez he must get frustrated.

I hated watching the half time intervention and seeing Sam just completely go off. The fact is he made more tackles and runs than some of our players make in a full game in one half. To sit there and say he's part of the reason for our poor performances is frustrating if anything. Without Sam and our halves we would be at the bottom of the table without a doubt.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What I don't understand is why Shadow rants to me about "the duds" in private messages and then posts almost the same thing on here. You're losing it mate!
What I don't understand is the silly comments in here!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts