What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 : Vs Penrith Pepper Stadium @ 8.00pm Friday 7th April

alien

Referee
Gray and hunt should definitely be the centres. Goodwin and burns have been good on the wings. There is no way we should try Robert Jennings on the wing, that would be a straight up disaster. Burns has the goods.

Why would Jennings on the wing be a disaster? Burns was a disaster on the wing last night. To say that any winger would have been as bad as him under those high balls is nonsense.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why would Jennings on the wing be a disaster? Burns was a disaster on the wing last night. To say that any winger would have been as bad as him under those high balls is nonsense.

What? You obviously didn't watch Michael Gordon and SKD fall victim to the exact same thing. They are both seasoned veterans? Burns did a lot of good things as well last night. He made some awesome catches out of no where. I don't think Jennings has ever played on the wing at all. He wouldn't know how to handle it and I don't plan on debuting him against a first grade squad who will just expose him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
After thinking about it a bit, my backline is actually different.

I don't reckon Goodwin should be moved. Gray is better at centre and Goodwin is doing well on the wing.

What do you reckon?
Gray and Goodwin usually play on the left as you know.

Maybe Madge will move Jennings to right wing over Burns.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Another positive from the match is that Sutton and Crichton were both able to play the full 80 minutes in the second row with no problems.
Correctamundo!!!!!!!!!
Burns wasn't just dodgy last night. Remember I told everyone on here he was dodgy under the high ball in the CS??? I always knew that would be his weak point.

Jennings imo is more ready for a first grade wing position than Burns.

In saying that Madge will probably stick with Burns.

Travitoh

First Grade
I only saw the last 10 or so on my phone as i was out so can only really go by what has been said in here but if there twins were so effective playing less minutes then that in my eyes adds weight to the debate that we should run with 4 forwards off the bench instead of a bench hooker. We got results late last season doing it and again last night.
Drop one of the hookers (probably Farah) and bring in either Rochow or Cherrington. We know Clark can get a job done in the middle and Turner is also capable, leaving Musgrove, the twins and either Cherrington and Rochow to just run hard and terrorise the defence.
Just my view

Rsag85

Bench
I only saw the last 10 or so on my phone as i was out so can only really go by what has been said in here but if there twins were so effective playing less minutes then that in my eyes adds weight to the debate that we should run with 4 forwards off the bench instead of a bench hooker. We got results late last season doing it and again last night.
Drop one of the hookers (probably Farah) and bring in either Rochow or Cherrington. We know Clark can get a job done in the middle and Turner is also capable, leaving Musgrove, the twins and either Cherrington and Rochow to just run hard and terrorise the defence.
Just my view

I've said it all pre season that we didn't need Farah. Four hard hitting forwards is what we need off the bench

doyen

Bench
What? You obviously didn't watch Michael Gordon and SKD fall victim to the exact same thing. They are both seasoned veterans? Burns did a lot of good things as well last night. He made some awesome catches out of no where. I don't think Jennings has ever played on the wing at all. He wouldn't know how to handle it and I don't plan on debuting him against a first grade squad who will just expose him.

Burns just had a very bad day at the office--if one remembers the Charity Shield we all thought he had the best set of hands in the NRL!! He will be good--he is also a centre!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Burns just had a very bad day at the office--if one remembers the Charity Shield we all thought he had the best set of hands in the NRL!! He will be good--he is also a centre!!
I didn't.

In the CS he dropped a bomb and let another one dangerously bounce.

I could tell it was going to be an ongoing problem.

OVP

Coach
I didn't.

In the CS he dropped a bomb and let another one dangerously bounce.

I could tell it was going to be an ongoing problem.

Hey R20. You going to congratulate the Tigers on their good win tonight ? They are waiting for you :)

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
they are not the tigers anymore they merged and lost their identity they are the tigpies the tigers are no longer its weststigers dont forget to add wests in front of the tigers lol we marched and won and kept our name and history......!...Shadow...