What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 : Vs Penrith Pepper Stadium @ 8.00pm Friday 7th April

Burns needs time. He is a gun in the making. Patience, persistence, encouragement.

Im liking the look of this backline. Room to grow and prosper.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We have a long way to go!!!

2 wins against undermanned teams struggling with problems & a comprehensive loss to the Tigers!!

A struggling effort against last yr's SPOON!!

A good test will be next game against the Dogs!!

Dogs have found form. This will be an awesome test.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Turner played a big part in finishing that game. Good on ya pikachu.
His best game for us yet. He needs to keep it up.
He really looked good at prop. Not only that but Crichton was great in the second row tonight. There's a lot to build on after tonight.
Crichton is a better second rower than Turner. Turner at prop works well.
Agree with you on all fronts here. Farah was better than cook tonight. It's frustrating because if you put cook and Farah together they would be an amazing hooker.
I thought Cook was sharper. I thought Cook really got us going forward and looked dangerous with darts.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook isn't afraid to take the line on. Someone who is afraid to take the line on will take the ball forward and then throw a hospital pass just as the defenders converge on him. What Cook works towards is drawing in markers/defenders and then putting his runners in space - it is good hooking play in the modern game. Similarly, Cook doesn't fall off tackles; I'm not sure how you can say that. In terms of one on one tackling, I haven't seen him being exposed too often in that situation and that is a good thing too. Obviously he is going to struggle to bring down massive men of Taumalolo's size one on one but if that is happening, I'd be more concerned about how a defender in the middle of the part is being left in a one on one situation rather than the bloke's overall tackling ability; if that is happening you've got massive defensive issues!
I wouldn't bother mate.

I've got them on ignore so I don't have to read the tripe.

Pommy

Coach
I was at work and the game wasn't available on anytime on fox play last night so I haven't seen the game. I did see the field goal and I notice it was a great run from Turner (and Walker) who got Reynolds in position to win the game. What a dud.

callmack1

Staff member
Do you reckon Madge will move Bryson to centre though???

Our big test is next week.
After thinking about it a bit, my backline is actually different.

I don't reckon Goodwin should be moved. Gray is better at centre and Goodwin is doing well on the wing.

What do you reckon?

southsport

First Grade
After thinking about it a bit, my backline is actually different.

I don't reckon Goodwin should be moved. Gray is better at centre and Goodwin is doing well on the wing.

What do you reckon?

I agree.

Goodwin didn't get to see much action last night, most of the ball went Burns way.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Gray and hunt should definitely be the centres. Goodwin and burns have been good on the wings. There is no way we should try Robert Jennings on the wing, that would be a straight up disaster. Burns has the goods.

alien

Referee
Another positive from the match is that Sutton and Crichton were both able to play the full 80 minutes in the second row with no problems.