What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R8 Fri - Raiders 18-20 Sea Eagles @ GIO

Round 8: Raiders v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
Does anyone feel that a decent rule change to allow stripping in the circumstances tapine did it ?

Like it was essentially one on one.

The refs got the rule right no argument just wonder if stripping there would be a good rule change

The whole rule is a croc, the "2 on 1" but 1 slips off is just extra crapiness piled on top of an already terrible rule.

If defenders can't touch the player with the ball for 2 minutes due to magical wrestling techniques before being called held, there isn't much chance to strip the ball, and the player with it has the onus to hang on to it

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Good game. Disappointing result but the better team one. Manly controlled possession well and tired us out. I thought we were ok but really need to work on our line speed.

Manly are on the up this season

Sitting here with a massive Manly fan (I know WTF Sharks supporter with a Manly supporter), oh my god, talk about laugh through a game! Hilarious

Apey

Staff member
I missed most of this game, what did BJ do besides the sledging at the end?

ozbuck

Juniors
Here is how to put yourself in the best position to get field possession in Golden Point:

When you are the carrying the ball and the defender has his hand near or on the ball you're carrying, JUST DROP THE BALL. Automatic penalty to you.

I didn't see the penalty to canberra in extra time because the camera angle wasn't as clear, but this is EXACTLY what manly did...It was absolutely clear. NO WAY was there a strip... but the ref's were too scared in that situation to err on the side of dropped ball, and canberra had already had a stripping penalty so why not even it up hey.

JamesRustle

First Grade
We'll never get close to a premiership with sezer and Austin as our halves.
Lacking a decent paul Vaughan like player off the bench too.

And dumb as dogshit too. BJ and co might want to concentrate on playing football and keep the sledging to the cricket team.
He's a starting prop... that's why he left you mongs

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I missed most of this game, what did BJ do besides the sledging at the end?

Nothing too bad besides the moronic strip at the end. He took a headknock and pretended it was his leg which will get us fined.

Maybe the raiders can just wheel him in and say this man is not smart enough to pull a move like that and the nrl will be like case dismissed

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Here is how to put yourself in the best position to get field possession in Golden Point:

When you are the carrying the ball and the defender has his hand near or on the ball you're carrying, JUST DROP THE BALL. Automatic penalty to you.

I didn't see the penalty to canberra in extra time because the camera angle wasn't as clear, but this is EXACTLY what manly did...It was absolutely clear. NO WAY was there a strip... but the ref's were too scared in that situation to err on the side of dropped ball, and canberra had already had a stripping penalty so why not even it up hey.
Thats what I saw too but Im not sure as that wouldve been a huge gamble. That drop ball was 20m out from Manlys own line!

mave

Coach
Kudos to Raiders defence.

Croker is as bad as Walker. Passing isnt in their game at all.

Golden Point needs to be aborted now, for regular season games. Draw is the fair result imo.

GongPanther

Referee
Im extremely butthurt lol.

Manly were the better side but if we werent so f**king stupid we might have stolen that. Just criminally stupid. I need to go climb into the ocean or something to calm down.

Just what was that raiders.

The big point is WTF happened to Canberra after leading 12-2? Did they get comfortable in thinking this was going to be a walk in the park?

Danny-Boy

Juniors

What the f**k? The Canberra player looked at the ref and thought he got away with a One on one strip holding the ball in both arms. Dumb as dogshit play.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Nothing too bad besides the moronic strip at the end. He took a headknock and pretended it was his leg which will get us fined.

Maybe the raiders can just wheel him in and say this man is not smart enough to pull a move like that and the nrl will be like case dismissed

Classic Joey

Latest posts