What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R8 Fri - Raiders 18-20 Sea Eagles @ GIO

Round 8: Raiders v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
The problem skeepe is that we arent a smart team at the best of times. If we lose the plot because a bunch of grown men got angry at the opposition we will play even more idiotic.

Coaches will be sending players out to rile us up

I know the Sharks drive most you Canberra fans crazy with our antics, but we (the team, there is no help for us supporters) do it because it works.

We were a very dumb side too a little while ago (before Maloney and Ennis, they are master baiters, as it were, so we don't fall for that much any more), but a couple of spine leaders fixes that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I know the Sharks drive most you Canberra fans crazy with our antics, but we (the team, there is no help for us supporters) do it because it works.

We were a very dumb side too a little while ago (before Maloney and Ennis, they are master baiters, as it were, so we don't fall for that much any more), but a couple of spine leaders fixes that.

Exactly

If we want to be contenders we need to control our emotion and put it into running hard or hitting hard.

Manly played the perfect game in beating us imo.

Not many mistakes
Kick the ball out to stop our backs getting a roll on
Frustrate us

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

Its amazing the Raiders do so well without a real spine.

wibble

Bench
Exactly

If we want to be contenders we need to control our emotion and put it into running hard or hitting hard.

Manly played the perfect game in beating us imo.

Not many mistakes
Kick the ball out to stop our backs getting a roll on
Frustrate us

It's a blueprint.

Raiders need to learn to counter it or other teams will follow suit. Getting frustrated does not appear to be part of the solution

Pete Cash

Post Whore
There were a few weird calls.

I think it was a pretty high quality game with a fair bit of niggle in the ruck. Those games can be pretty random about what the refs call lost ball and strips

mave

Coach
Agreed Pete.

Still think Raiders should have been awarded the try that shaved the grass, especially as the ref sent it up as TRY.

Also think the Tommy T pass was backwards.

Still confused why Rapana got the penalty after playing the ball the wrong way, but I guess Raiders fans can point to a few dodgy penaltys to us too.

Quality game anyway. Great how it opened up after 50 mins when defences tired.

Raiders should be top 6 minimum at the end of the year, no question. Top 4 with some luck.

skeepe

Immortal
Agreed Pete.

Still think Raiders should have been awarded the try that shaved the grass, especially as the ref sent it up as TRY.

Also think the Tommy T pass was backwards.

Still confused why Rapana got the penalty after playing the ball the wrong way, but I guess Raiders fans can point to a few dodgy penaltys to us too.

Quality game anyway. Great how it opened up after 50 mins when defences tired.

Raiders should be top 6 minimum at the end of the year, no question. Top 4 with some luck.

The Rapana one was a late call for being tipped on his head. Was a soft one but technically correct.

You can't conclusively say Paulo didn't brush the grass, so you can't take that one away. Cost us the game.

How Manly didn't have anyone binned after conceding 5 penalties in 5 minutes boggles the mind.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The Rapana one was a late call for being tipped on his head. Was a soft one but technically correct.

You can't conclusively say Paulo didn't brush the grass, so you can't take that one away. Cost us the game.

How Manly didn't have anyone binned after conceding 5 penalties in 5 minutes boggles the mind.

Hug?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
There were a few weird calls.

I think it was a pretty high quality game with a fair bit of niggle in the ruck. Those games can be pretty random about what the refs call lost ball and strips

Yep it had a lot of niggle in the ruck didn't it??

Some strange calls each way and too many as well.

Enjoyable game despite the refs sticking their bibs in.

I think we need to ask the NRL for more away games lol

mave

Coach

Did you read what I said. ?

mave

Coach
And just on the Rapana penalty...

The ref only blew the penalty after he played the ball the wrong direction. If it was a penalty for a tipping penalty then it would have been blown straight away, well before the play of the ball.

They didn't bother blowing a penalty to Tafua 5 mins earlier for a similar incident, so who knows ?

Inconsistency at it's usual standards from the NRL.