What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reynolds to tigers

Tiger05

First Grade
He has filled in at fullback many times in lower grades.

Having spent a lot of time at centre, he knows very well exactly where to run in attack. Centres get more coaching on that skill than most other players (along with back rowers).

He doesn't look good at picking the pill up off the ground. He also doesn't look lightning quick.

I see him as a rampaging centre. With a gun winger outside of him I can see him developing into a special player. I'd love to see someone like JAC outside Suli.

I'd love to be wrong on this though. We need a fullback now desperately. I'm pretty sure that Turdesco is gone. I rate Turdesco as a really good player and we need a replacement.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ivan is so good he has only been in charge 3 weeks has won 2 games(should have been 3) he has ended the tedasco woods and moses drama told them to just play footy and then f**k off.

He has now signed Brooks for 2 years matulino for 3 years and Reynolds for 4 years. So he has replaced players in 3 weeks and has them on contracts not ending at the same time.

If only he was here at the start of the year.

It's f**king huge. Talk about a quick turnaround. There is still a lot of work to do especially in relation to signings but we aren't pandering to these guys anymore.

WT Unity

Juniors
Ivan is so good he has only been in charge 3 weeks has won 2 games(should have been 3) he has ended the tedasco woods and moses drama told them to just play footy and then f**k off.

He has now signed Brooks for 2 years matulino for 3 years and Reynolds for 4 years. So he has replaced players in 3 weeks and has them on contracts not ending at the same time.

If only he was here at the start of the year.

Great point about the staggered timeline on the contracts!

macnaz

Staff member
Lol at 900k fmd the media just keep on making shit up to make the club look bad . From what ive read around the Bulldog haunts Canterbury were offering 500k so why the f**k would we almost double that !
He is a club legend rated by most of their fanbase ... i doubt we will see the media rip into the club for not keeping him like they do about us losing a local junior

Tiger05

First Grade
Lol at 900k fmd the media just keep on making shit up to make the club look bad . From what ive read around the Bulldog haunts Canterbury were offering 500k so why the f**k would we almost double that !
He is a club legend rated by most of their fanbase ... i doubt we will see the media rip into the club for not keeping him like they do about us losing a local junior

I'm so f**king sick of the Daily shit rag. The dogs fans will be spewing about this. I don't think he is a great player but he plays with heart and he is an upgrade on Moses for probably about the same amount as Parra got Moses for.

IMO we got Reynolds at a great price. Canterbury were only offering $500K (assuming they were lowballing him in order to have a tilt at Foran,) Parra were in the market for a half and they got him, Dragons resigned Widdop so apart from Newcastle we were the only viable option. They made a sensible offer IMO without going too over the top. $1.3m locking up two halves is pretty reasonable when Thurston is expected to get over $1m alone, DCE and Hunt is reportedly on the same already, Cronk will command that if he wants to run around in Sydney and you'd think Foran will get close to a million on his own as well.

Good combination of youth, experience, graft and mongrel between the two. Our kicking game will probably be the only real weakness there, but I expect Ivan to work more with Brooks on that. Last weekend has shown that Cleary wants Brooks to take over the kicking duties.

Vozzy

Juniors
Ben Ikin the merkin still stirring the pot saying we went after the wrong half and should have offered foran 1.5million. This merkin serious. Foran has so much baggage with him it's not funny and is not the same player he was when he was at Manly.

So 750k for Reynolds is considered way over according to him but 1.5million for Foran is reasonable.

WT Unity

Juniors
Ben Ikin the merkin still stirring the pot saying we went after the wrong half and should have offered foran 1.5million. This merkin serious. Foran has so much baggage with him it's not funny and is not the same player he was when he was at Manly.

So 750k for Reynolds is considered way over according to him but 1.5million for Foran is reasonable.

Yeah Well Ikin is Wrong!
You only have to think back to Gus Gould saying he couldn't see a player that was worth $1m and he knows about coaching teams to premierships and running a club (although Pennies not travelling that well so far in 17) but never the less Gus knows his stuff. So if he says no-one is worth a million I'll take his opinion over Ikin's (never run a club or coached a club) who thinks it's a good idea to pay ONE player $1.5 million.
Oh wait a minute - Maybe Ikin's understanding of player payments comes from father In Law Waynes Broncos where you can pay someone $1.5m but only 60% of it goes on the cap....You know the other 40% of it is through 3rd Party - which is possible when you have an ENTIRE Capital City at your disposal!

Billythekid

First Grade
Reynolds is a great signing. He's an experienced half that actually delivers week to week. He also busts his arse like few others on the field. Sounds like you managed to get him quite a bit cheaper than what Moses was going for. He'll look good next to Brooks.

Foran would have been a mistake. You're trying to build a new culture at the club and it's too risky taking him on board. You don't need that sort of baggage right now. He's also going for massive overs. The club who signs him is looking at 1 million+ and he just isn't worth that. Good luck to the club who pays that (yes I realise the storm are rumoured to be in he hunt).

Das Hassler

Bench

Too bad we missed out on Ikin post Taylor.....anyone think of approaching him?...no?....i"m shocked

simmo05

Bench
Like the lawyer on The Castle said, its the vibe. The vibe since cleary jumped on the bus has been unreal. Talking to other tiger mates, there is actually a sense of excitement for the future, which we haven't had since 2006 (waiting to be the manchester united of the nrl ). What a difference 1 man makes. The vibe at the club would be totally different now the remaining players know the grubs are gone, and some good new players are getting on board. The future looks rosey for the club and all of us long, long suffering Wests Tigers fans!

simmo1

First Grade
Don't rate him as a player, and even less as a human. Going to be hard to cheer for him, but I'll give him a chance to see how he goes.

At least the defence improves.

soc123_au

Staff member
Great signing for you guys. Reynolds is a grub, but a grub that wants to win and drag every other bloke in the team along with him. Exactly what the Tigers need. Him in Brooks should compliment each other pretty well. I look forward to hating his guts in a different jersey next year. Ha ha.

Latest posts