What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R10 - Panthers 36-28 Warriors @ Pepper

Round 10: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
Not even close to the best comeback in history.

Wouldn't even call it a choke. This is exactly how we've played in the second half all year. A choke would suggest something out of the ordinary.
22 point lead at halftime. Lose by 8.... wouldnt call it a choke. Lol.

That is the definition of a choke. Panthers winning is out of the ordinary.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm not sure how I feel about it all. The comeback was amazing and to win for a change is great but in what sort of position is Griffin now?..

Meth

Staff member
We sucked in that second half and coughing up a lead like that is unforgivable. But the Panthers were well and truly up for it in the second half and were irresistible. Their line speed was immense. Credit where it's due.

wibble

Bench
Your comment was that he must be considered for a bench spot.

Cordner & Graham will surely start and Frizzell will be the backrow option on the bench.

Your said that Yeo (a backrower) should be considered for a bench spot, so if you consider him then you HAVE to be considering picking him over Frizzell.

Cordner & Graham should start, but they won't. Cordner, Jackson and Frizzel will probably start.

Graham on the bench, along with 1 or 2 other back rowers. It would not amaze me if Merrin starts and Frizzel and Graham are on the bench.

Cartwright would probably be ahead of Yeo, but on form, shouldn't be.

If the team was picked on form, and it never is, Yeo would be in the conversation. And should be considered over Merrin, Cartwright, and Jackson. Finucane and De Belin should also be considered on form, and looking to the future, but also won't be.

If purely form was the guide, Lewis would never have been out of any rep sides, and Gallen would get back into the NSW squad.

But we know politics, favouring incumbents, and "potential"/"being built for Origin" (read: media hype) count as much or more than form or ability. So Yeo should be considered, but won't at all be.

Edit: left out Trbojevic. Having now made the Aussie side I dare say he would make NSW, but Holmes did too, and probably won't play for Queensland. Anyway, Trbojevic should be starting lock with Graham and Cordner, or Frizzel and Cordner, with Frizzel/Graham on the bench, then 1 or 2 other back rowers, or possibly Trbojevic on the bench and other three start. I doubt it will happen though.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Your comment was that he must be considered for a bench spot.

Cordner & Graham will surely start and Frizzell will be the backrow option on the bench.

Your said that Yeo (a backrower) should be considered for a bench spot, so if you consider him then you HAVE to be considering picking him over Frizzell.

Over whoever,against what other player wasn't my point. And no other player has come into my mind.Hence the point that it's your argument,not mine.I'm voicing a differring point of view. Although if I'm pushed for a viewpoint,and if Frizzel is the imcumbent back rower,then I would assume he has first dibs on the bench if they only have one spot for a back rower.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Isaah Yeo isn't good enough to play under 14s origin for the Holy Cross Ryde Rhinos against the Balmain-Eastwood Rusty Packer's... let alone for NSW. Is someone around here on heroin?

soc123_au

Staff member
Wasn't it in the 30s??

No, it was 26. Final score was 32 to 28. Much alcohol was consumed across the road at Panthers after that game. Noa Nandruku played the best half of football ever seen in a Cows jersey up until that point.

wibble

Bench
He's actually a really good player, unfortunately there's a few ahead of him atm.

There's only really a dozen or so regular starters that are eligible, if you rule out Lewis and Gallen as too old, and some of them are very unlikely to make it. So to be "in the conversation" you'd have to be one of the best 8 or so of about a dozen starting back rowers. 2 or 3 injuries and the 7th best NSW backrower would be in the team.

wittyfan

Referee
Today was as good if not better when the Warriors squandered a 32-6 lead against the Panthers in 2009 before hanging on for a 32-all draw.

RWB

Bench
Over whoever,against what other player wasn't my point. And no other player has come into my mind.Hence the point that it's your argument,not mine.I'm voicing a differring point of view. Although if I'm pushed for a viewpoint,and if Frizzel is the imcumbent back rower,then I would assume he has first dibs on the bench if they only have one spot for a back rower.

That makes no logical sense.

You said Yeo should be considered for Origin but you hadn't thought about any other players who were in contention?

There's no logic or rationale to that statement what so ever..

Picking a State of Origin side is about picking the best 17 players, of course you have to factor in other players before saying someone should be in the discussion.