What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxTom

Bench
Would be nice, but I wouldn't put any money on it. The original rumour for supposedly shopping TMM around was for a different reason, it seems as though the reason has now morphed into freeing up cash. Not saying it won't happen, but you might turn awfully blue if you were to hold your breath...

Tom.

maple_69

Bench
If TMM goes I hope we don't go after Cronk. In Edwards, Moylan, Cleary and Wallace we have 3/4 of a spine that we can build around for the next decade. If we want to buy anywhere it should be a longer term hooker option as it seems there isn't much confidence in the backups we have. Plus we'll have a lot of players to try and keep together from now on.

While it would be amazing to have Cronk mentoring Cleary I think Cleary needs to have this team with Moylan. His game is too similar to Cronks. If Cronk wanted to sign up to run our halves academy i would be absolutely ecstatic.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think TMM is outstanding talent who last season in a handful of games showed his potential before being injured and ruled out for the majority of the season. He and Cleary trained all this past off season to be our first choice halves pairing and I thought TMM was very solid in his appearances this season despite playing behind a beaten side/forward pack for the most part. I was most impressed with his defence, which is a little sad, given he is largely there to create in attack. It is also sad he is now being discarded without really being given the opportunity to blossom and show his true worth.

I have no idea whether there is any substance to the Cooper Cronk rumours. He still has a couple of years left in him and has proven himself at the highest level so could be a very good signing. I will be disappointed to see TMM leave given his potential which he will surely deliver upon with his next club which would appear to be the Warriors.

I am not a big fan of social media and unsubstantiated rumours but even I have to accept where there is smoke their is surely fire. Therefore there has to be some substance surrounding TMM given the fact he has been dumped so unceremoniously.

Blues Riff

Bench
If Cronk wanted to sign up to run our halves academy i would be absolutely ecstatic.

Yep, I feel this would be the case. Cronk thinking about his long term future. I'm sure he's at least considering us, with the Fox/Brandy connection. All the Cronk-Penrith rumours are coming from other Fox flunkies (Johns and Kent), so there may be something to it. You know what workplace gossip is like.
Although the rumour mongers are obsessed with "which club will Cronk play for?"he has stated that the decision he needs to make is whether he plays on or not. He doesn't seem interested in shopping himself around.
That's just me reading between the lines though, cheers.

BxTom

Bench
I think TMM is outstanding talent who last season in a handful of games showed his potential before being injured and ruled out for the majority of the season. He and Cleary trained all this past off season to be our first choice halves pairing and I thought TMM was very solid in his appearances this season despite playing behind a beaten side/forward pack for the most part. I was most impressed with his defence, which is a little sad, given he is largely there to create in attack. It is also sad he is now being discarded without really being given the opportunity to blossom and show his true worth.

I have no idea whether there is any substance to the Cooper Cronk rumours. He still has a couple of years left in him and has proven himself at the highest level so could be a very good signing. I will be disappointed to see TMM leave given his potential which he will surely deliver upon with his next club which would appear to be the Warriors.

I am not a big fan of social media and unsubstantiated rumours but even I have to accept where there is smoke their is surely fire. Therefore there has to be some substance surrounding TMM given the fact he has been dumped so unceremoniously.

I too am a bit disappointed in how the TMM scenario is unfolding. If there is any substance to the rumours, it may be a case of deja vu. Many years ago I was told by somebody quite senior in the dogs camp that Thurston was 'let go' before a posse of jealous men tarred and feathered him.

Tom.

Panfa

Juniors
If cronk comes to penrith he will most likely play halfback and cleary moved to 5/8 which will delay moylan for at least 2 more yrs of playing 5/8 as for our hooker issue wayde egan is the closest player to cameron smith ive seen coming through the grades smart fast tough he will be our hooker in a yr or 2 for sure

Kilkenny

Coach
I too am a bit disappointed in how the TMM scenario is unfolding. If there is any substance to the rumours, it may be a case of deja vu. Many years ago I was told by somebody quite senior in the dogs camp that Thurston was 'let go' before a posse of jealous men tarred and feathered him.

Tom.

I am sure we have all read feeds/posts/tweets about what an outstanding young man and footballer TMM is.

Some how or another all that has changed and despite his being our long term number six to accompany Nathan Cleary going forward it is no longer the case.

Now I don't know whether he slept with another player's girlfriend or looked at her in the wrong way but I cannot help feeling we are letting another potential 'Thurston' escape from our grasp.

All I know is what I see being delivered by our side on the field. What I can say is TMM's replacement is not a 5/8, never was, never will be and we are currently doing him a massive disservice by playing him there.

Despite our come from behind win against the Warriors I am over it. I was happy we won but I am still very dissatisfied the way things have panned out this season.

You do not have to know anything about game to recognise the fact we are as a unit 'unfit' compared to other sides so coach Hook's bringing an entire new strength and conditioning team has clearly been an unmitigated disaster.

We scored five unanswered second half tries to beat the Warriors but it was largely off the cuff stuff and nothing to do with what the other better sides of the competition do. As Panther Daz has pointed out previously on other threads this result would not have happened against the better sides, pure and simple.

The Knights had a great result today so it will surely not be an easy ride next week.

Tom.

There's no way the particular rumour we heard is true. If that actually happened a player would be out of the club immediately, keeping him around would devastate morale.

But it wouldn't surprise me if something was going on. It seems awfully quick to give up on him.

TheFrog

Coach
Can you cancel a bloke's contract for plugging someone else's wife? I doubt it very much. I suspect the most you can do is what has already been done: remove him from the playing group and help him get out of the place with a minimum of fuss.

It seems awfully quick to give up on him.

His form was fine. It was more Cleary who was struggling IMHO. The rumour is the only feasible explanation, especially after he was advised as injured and then played reserves in the same round.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Can you cancel a bloke's contract for plugging someone else's wife? I doubt it very much. I suspect the most you can do is what has already been done: remove him from the playing group and help him get out of the place with a minimum of fuss.

Yeah they cant just arse him as its not a contract breach. They refuse to let him train as he has a contract with him and it would be a breach o behalf of the panthers and if the goal is to move him on with as little fuss as possible then removing him from the FG squad would go against that.

For us to just get rid of him like this there must be a reason, either the rumours are accurate in some way or Cronk has promised to come here next year. Maybe the hope is to play Cleary with Cronk for a couple years and then try to partner him with Blore or Luai or May who all like capable.

Either way I don't mind it, TMM has the talent to be a star and I think will fulfil that potential but two young halves is risky at this level, I don't think you can be a top side with halves as young and inexperienced as ours.

The warriors and Johnson isn't a great fit for him though.

betcats

Referee
But if the rumour is true they couldn't leave him in the playing group.

I don't see how they have a choice until they find someone to take him. Even as a reserve grader he will be around the squad, he has full time contract, the panthers are obligated to honour it.

I don't see how they have a choice until they find someone to take him. Even as a reserve grader he will be around the squad, he has full time contract, the panthers are obligated to honour it.

You'd negotiate an exit.

Show him the shit that went down with Wayne Carey.

If the media got hold of it his life would be hell.

betcats

Referee
You'd negotiate an exit.

Show him the shit that went down with Wayne Carey.

If the media got hold of it his life would be hell.

Its never that simple though that seems to be what we are doing, giving the cap worries and the possibility of Cronk they probably are trying to save as much money as possible. If we just wanted him out straight away it would cost us. Let him negotiate with other clubs and we might get away with it for free.

soc123_au

Staff member
I heard from a semi reliable source that TMM hasn't pronged anyone's Mrs. The word is there was some type of incident with his gf and another player. No idea who the other player is and I dont know how serious the incident is. If true you have to feel for the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts