What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Warrior's

ALSGI

Bench
I'm hoping we end up with:
Dufty
Macdonald
Milne
Lafai
Nightingale
Mann
Field

Speed and x factor but more importantly, testing our young guns.
Like it possm, but agree with others - won't happen - too much speed and potential x factor. Too risky for McAnchor.
So who would take the kicks for McCrone
in this line up?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dufty. Macdonald. Milne. Mann. Nightingale. Field. Nona the forwards pick themselves mccrone on the bench gets 10 minutes maximum.but hay its just a dream because we have jetski in charge let's just give up.

ALSGI

Bench
Last year when we travelled to NZ their coach sacked several FG players for disciplinary reasons and they kicked our bums against all odds.

That's risk v reward in a nutshell.

possm

Coach
Like it possm, but agree with others - won't happen - too much speed and potential x factor. Too risky for McAnchor.
So who would take the kicks for McCrone
in this line up?
Both halves. It is a test to see if they are suitable. If they prove to be great, then maybe a partnership with Widdop for the rest of the season. If they end up being no good, then it's back to Illawarra for improvement.

possm

Coach
Dufty. Macdonald. Milne. Mann. Nightingale. Field. Nona the forwards pick themselves mccrone on the bench gets 10 minutes maximum.but hay its just a dream because we have jetski in charge let's just give up.
I see your point. Nona has not had a go at all and we are screaming out for someone to play halfback. The problem is that in 2018, one of Millward's favourites Huch will be back on deck and playing halfback for Illawarra. I'm afraid it looks like Nona won't be here next year.

Hutchison isn't even signed beyond this year and he was the one who steered the Cutters to a premiership but don't let the facts get in the way of a good Millward bashing.

possm

Coach
Hutchison isn't even signed beyond this year and he was the one who steered the Cutters to a premiership but don't let the facts get in the way of a good Millward bashing.
Despite what Millward believes, it will be Field 6 ahd Hutch 7 in the Illawarra side in 2018

Illawarra may not even exist in 2018 with the restructure of the NSW Cup making it more a proper second tier comp and with the NYC gone at the end of this year.

As i stated Hutchison isn't signed beyond this year and he may actually move on from what I was told.

As soon as Hunt signed and he injured his knee he knew the writing was on the wall.

Hmm Dufty did catch the plane.

DAAzG2NV0AAxOUd.jpg

There he is its Dufty not wally.

I'd say Herbert back to fullback lreis to centre and Rhys kennedy to the bench for Illawarra.

Well Mr coast dragon .awaiting your reply
Looks like i'll have to explain this slowly.

The Dragons have to name 21 players on tuesday as regulated by the NRL.

Some players will be named on the extended bench for first grade aswell as in the NSW Cup so if needed they can be called up to first grade incase of injury.

By Thursday teams will drop two players out of the squad ie this week Havili and leilua both dropped by to play for Illawarra on saturday.

Since the Dragons are in playing in NZ they took extra players incase injuries before the game say at the captains run or the warm up.

Dufty may not play first grade and if back intime he could essentially play for Illawarra yet i doubt it.