What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Milford hurt himself tonight which will see Hunt return after the bye, although Milf is sitting in the shed without a sling, maybe not as bad as first though

Benji was good for us tonight, iced the game when Hunt so many times has kicked it dead[/QUOTE

Milford should be right in 2 FULL weeks shouldnt he.....seeing you blokes only play Friday nights

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Milford hurt himself tonight which will see Hunt return after the bye, although Milf is sitting in the shed without a sling, maybe not as bad as first though

Benji was good for us tonight, iced the game when Hunt so many times has kicked it dead
According to Bennett dislocated shoulder and may miss up to 6 weeks

j0nesy

Bench
I don't know what Hunt is getting paid, none of us really do. Personally, I don't care. What I do know is that he is the best half back that this club has had in a very very long time. Better than Benji, better than Soward, better than Hornby.

Will he play to his potential? I think so, but it might take half a dozen games or so. Will our pack be as dominant next year without Packer? perhaps not, but not drastically less.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes next season, and in seasons to come, and how our young guns evolve around him. I do believe we have an improving squad. But in the mean time I'm going to enjoy this season.

Crush

Coach
The Media are an absolute joke. Saying that the dragons club are now seriously worried about ben hunt. Where do they get this stuff from? I heard someone in the media say that Hunt wouldn't dislodge McCrone at the moment!
WTF?

SEAT 1A

Bench
I think Hunt will find his form very quickly. Wayne could stick to his guns however, don't think he has a choice.

The calm one

Juniors
I don't know what Hunt is getting paid, none of us really do. Personally, I don't care. What I do know is that he is the best half back that this club has had in a very very long time. Better than Benji, better than Soward, better than Hornby.

Will he play to his potential? I think so, but it might take half a dozen games or so. Will our pack be as dominant next year without Packer? perhaps not, but not drastically less.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes next season, and in seasons to come, and how our young guns evolve around him. I do believe we have an improving squad. But in the mean time I'm going to enjoy this season.
Well said you're exactly right. Not ONE person on this forum has stated what Hunt is getting paid so why make a long drawn out saga of it. As long as the team
Improves when he is playing, I couldn't give a stuff what he is getting paid. Remember this if we didn't give whatever he is on, rest assured another club would have and in 2018 we would have forum members whinging about McCrone and who would want another season of that

TomRedVRiver

Bench
In case anyone was wondering, here is a wrap of Ben Hunt's performance today in QLD Cup from a Broncos fan who was at the game -

First Jets' try- Hunt went long to Phillips on the left and Jets score- nice pass and combined with his half.
Second Jets' try- Nice kick into the in goal pressure on they drop it coming out and Jets over untouched- kicked and chased.

Kicking at the line taken out- penalty and two points.

Takes an intercept and nearly runs the length of the field.

Jets' third try- Drifts across and finds a straight runner- gave him space and he runs 40m and Jets score off the next tackle.
Jets' fourth try- Hunt gets quick ball on the blind again nice pass for a forward who off-loads after the break.
Jets' fifth try- Hunt goes to the line, rolls it in for a try.

Hunt was enthusiastic and in everything, couldn't fault his effort or attitude. He gave the Jets forwards great service and put them through gaps and it kept putting up tries. Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

He attacked mainly on the right but moved around, defended on the right.

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, here is a wrap of Ben Hunt's performance today in QLD Cup from a Broncos fan who was at the game -

First Jets' try- Hunt went long to Phillips on the left and Jets score- nice pass and combined with his half.
Second Jets' try- Nice kick into the in goal pressure on they drop it coming out and Jets over untouched- kicked and chased.

Jets' third try- Drifts across and finds a straight runner- gave him space and he runs 40m and Jets score off the next tackle.
Jets' fourth try- Hunt gets quick ball on the blind again nice pass for a forward who off-loads after the break.

Hunt was enthusiastic and in everything, couldn't fault his effort or attitude. He gave the Jets forwards great service and put them through gaps and it kept putting up tries. Looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

Could have cracked it and didn't even bother trying.

Exact opposite played well and a big up yours to uncle Benny.

GC Dragon

Juniors

He is a class player who is in a toxic situation at the Bronco's . He dared to leave Bennett and will pay the price until the end . He lives in the shadows of Bennett's favorites Boyd and Milford . It wound not surprise me if next year we are talking about him like we are about Vaughan now as the buy of the season .

BrissyRedV

Bench
It really doesn't surprise at all. From all accounts, he is consummate professional and is effectively a fall guy for a couple of poor team performances. We will see how deep Bennett's pettiness is when he names his team on Tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bunji named as replacement for Milford.

blaza88z

Coach
It really doesn't surprise at all. From all accounts, he is consummate professional and is effectively a fall guy for a couple of poor team performances. We will see how deep Bennett's pettiness is when he names his team on Tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bunji named as replacement for Milford.

Me either, considering they're both 5/8's

Latest posts