What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Minh

First Grade
It really doesn't surprise at all. From all accounts, he is consummate professional and is effectively a fall guy for a couple of poor team performances. We will see how deep Bennett's pettiness is when he names his team on Tuesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bunji named as replacement for Milford.

I hope its Benji....without Hunt they wont challenge for the premiership this year.....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Don't forget we are in origin times so broncos start getting saturdays during this time so that the players get more rest. Just check after every origin week they'll rip a Saturday as usual. The normal thurs/fri week to week will be back after origin 3.
Yeah Ive noticed that as well mate......the NRL should stop using the word DRAW and call it FAVOURED ALLOCATION

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I hope its Benji....without Hunt they wont challenge for the premiership this year.....
To be totally honest Minh I dont think their GF bound.....being saying that since the early rounds.....theres to many flaws in their game.....and given they have mainly 7/8 day turn arounds and play in front of 30,000 plus home crowds, they have struggled imo to win a lot of their games thus far

DJ21

Juniors
It needs to be remembered that we signed Hunt when we were still considered a basket case, signing him put some spark back in the place and I think helps with recruitment. Would have been a weight off Widdop's shoulders knowing a good organising half is on the way. There are only a small handful of good organising halves in the comp - Pearce, Cronk, Thurston, A Reynolds, Cleary, A Taylor and they are all locked up.

The calm one

Juniors
It needs to be remembered that we signed Hunt when we were still considered a basket case, signing him put some spark back in the place and I think helps with recruitment. Would have been a weight off Widdop's shoulders knowing a good organising half is on the way. There are only a small handful of good organising halves in the comp - Pearce, Cronk, Thurston, A Reynolds, Cleary, A Taylor and they are all locked up.
You are exactly right, so let's stop ranting and raving about Hunt's salary and let the poor barstard do what he does best, play football and next year it will be for us. Enough of Ben Hunt salary bullshit let it die a natural death.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Speaking of the Broncos.....the rumour is circulating that Jack Bird regrets signing with them for 2018 and supposedly asked for a means to renege. I think Jack maybe screwed by a contract he signed!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Any more info on that?
Leaked by Buzz Slothfield and it's on the Sharks fan forum site. Apparently he's had a change in heart, but is legally locked into a Broncos contract.
Always thought it was strange as the Broncos have never released anything to the media concerning his signing.....only the Sharks saying he's leaving them.