What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Game vs Newcastle

71saintsimon

Juniors
Just a clueless coach merkin identifie problems and fix them his theory from day one has allways been to stick with a losing formula terrible descision to renew him for two years

hazzbeen

Bench
Just a clueless coach merkin identifie problems and fix them his theory from day one has allways been to stick with a losing formula terrible descision to renew him for two years
Its ok it took nearly 3 years to get our attack good for 6 games , so it might take another 2 years before he finds the right players ..... What a joke , so there is no incentive to play well . Play crap and dont get dropped nothing has changed ....

Reactions: Qdf

MilanDragon

Juniors
With JDB out, will be interesting to see who comes in. Whether it's Frizell straight into 13 or one of Sele/Host that go into the starting squad with Frizz off the bench.

I don't think it'll be Matthews, he has also been named in the ISP team.

With Aitken named im more keen to see who makes way there. One would assume Milne off the bench with either Mann going back to 17 or potentially Mann to 7 and McCrone to 17

Crush

Coach
With JDB out, will be interesting to see who comes in. Whether it's Frizell straight into 13 or one of Sele/Host that go into the starting squad with Frizz off the bench.

With Aitken named im more keen to see who makes way there. One would assume Milne off the bench with either Mann going back to 17 or potentially Mann to 7 and McCrone to 17
Please let it be Mann to 7 and McCrone to 17. I get the feeling though McCrone won't be going anywhere unless we lose 1000 games in a row...

Old Timer

Coach

No chance of Mc Crone going out of the team he would have been 1 of the first picked.
If Aitken comes in Milne gone and Mann to bench.
Mann only gets back in to the run on side if Dugan is also out, then Nighty to 1 and Mann to wing and Matthews to bench after all he can play centre remember?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Alright, someone here has to bite the bullet and befriend McCrone.
Take him on a night out, make sure he has a good time, lots of drinks.
Then take him home, lay him on your couch, bring in your little doggy.....and a camera.

At this stage it's the only way we will get rid of him for a few months.

Just ask Mitchell Peace he will help you out

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Milan
Sele to 13 he has played inthe 13 role most of his junior career.
And hopefully mann to 7 mcrone probably 17.
All though i wouldn't have him in yhe team

Life's Good

Coach
I mentioned earlier he wouldn't drop McCrone. He doesn't have the stones to do that because it makes him look like a fool. And why keep Milne on the bench if he is leaving and is only going to see limited minutes?? At least throw Dufty on the bench so he can get some game time. What is the point of signing our juniors if he is not going to blood them? What a stubborn, short sighted vision less coach he is.

possm

Coach
Not to worry hes now got 2 1/2 years to get it right
I'm predicting Mary won't last one year. He has called in his favours and now the next stage in this mess has to play out. Are you ready?

Mary sacked within a year. He won't complain he got his million.
Dean Young as interim head coach. And away we go again. All planned in advance, all rightfully so.

ALSGI

Bench
I'm not looking forward to this game, which is telling of where I think the team is at. Mary said 'not good enough' against the Dogs when we were at full strength and has not made changes from last week except for Duges and Friz coming back.
12 points in 2 games (10 coming from last week) and Mary sticks to his guns?
We should be thankful KFFL isn't in the squad otherwise it's basically the same cut and paste.
Best I can hope for without SOO injuries is that Aitken will be back at 3, Mann at 7 and McCrone will be cut. Even then, we have players badly out of form including Nene and Lafai whilst not as badly out of form include Sims, Packer, Thompson. Then there's Widdop and McInnes who are probably playing in an out of form team ather than being out of form themselves.

How the f**k has Mary, Young and Hornby allowed this ? What are they doing about it besides the cut and paste?
It's not good enough.

It's a sad state of affairs and I think Nathan Brown will be relishing the return to Kogarah with a hungry fresh Knights with everything to play for.

I think we'll lose this one.

Dragsters

First Grade
So it seems the pattern is Mary just hooks McCrone each week after 65 odd minutes, not because we are well behind on the scoreboard as a result of the crap field position he delivers, but just to rest him for automatic selection the following week...

Go figure, or maybe not...

Reactions: Qdf

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The continued selwction of McCrone just leaves me dumbfounded. He is a piss-poor 7 who's only real attribute is his ability to tackle (and even thats questionable given his # of missed tackles)
Mann must have told a McGregor joke in the sheds 1 day and he overheard it something like;
"Mary coached a football team who could play a little bit.
But when Mary got a new 2 year deal they really turned to shit".
As for Shaun Nona he must have forgotten to pick McGregor up from the pub one day. So he's just returning the favour.

possm

Coach
The continued selwction of McCrone just leaves me dumbfounded. He is a piss-poor 7 who's only real attribute is his ability to tackle (and even thats questionable given his # of missed tackles)
Mann must have told a McGregor joke in the sheds 1 day and he overheard it something like;
"Mary coached a football team who could play a little bit.
But when Mary got a new 2 year deal they really turned to shit".
As for Shaun Nona he must have forgotten to pick McGregor up from the pub one day. So he's just returning the favour.
Mann still unsigned, doesn't look good. Through him a bone - fullback for this week against NEWCASTLE with Dugan at right centre. Should work a treat and if it doesn't, switch Mann and Dugan.

denis preston

First Grade
Mann still unsigned, doesn't look good. Through him a bone - fullback for this week against NEWCASTLE with Dugan at right centre. Should work a treat and if it doesn't, switch Mann and Dugan.

Does Hornby & Young have any input to selections ? WTF do they do ? Did they get extended till 2019 ? They either cop the flack that Mary is getting & going to get or f**k off to save their careers and presumably 150 to 200k a year jobs.

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL Preview: Round 16 v Newcastle Knights
Wed 21st June, 04:00PM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons v Newcastle Knights
UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
Sunday, 2pm

The St George Illawarra Dragons will have to be careful against the Knights, who will look to put the disappointment of their controversial last start loss to the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles behind them.

While the Dragons won’t need any added motivation after back-to-back losses, a win for Paul Vaughan’s 100th career game heading into the bye will taste much sweeter.

Despite Jack de Belin being suspended for the clash, the Dragons welcome back fullback Josh Dugan and second-rower Tyson Frizell from New South Wales Origin duties.

In an added boost for the Red V, centre Euan Aitken has been named as one of five reserves for the game and may potentially feature for the Dragons.

Unlike the Dragons, Knights head coach Nathan Brown has named an unchanged 1-17 line-up.

The teams will play for the Alex McKinnon Cup on Sunday, with the trophy's namesake set to make his first appearance at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah since 2013.

McKinnon – who made his NRL debut at the Dragons in 2011 before moving to the Knights where his career was tragically cut short in 2014 – was excited for the third-annual Cup clash.

"I played under 20s at the Dragons when I was 16 so we were always following the first-grade team around. My parents were great supporters and my Nan would always come to the game," McKinnon said.

"I had my NRL debut at Kogarah too so that will always be a fond memory."

Teams –

Dragons: 1. Josh Dugan, 2. Nene Macdonald, 3. Kurt Mann, 4. Tim Lafai, 5. Jason Nightingale, 6. Gareth Widdop (c), 7. Josh McCrone, 8. Russell Packer, 9. Cameron McInnes, 10. Paul Vaughan, 11. Tariq Sims, 12. Joel Thompson, 13. TBA. Interchange: 14. Jacob Host, 15. Leeson Ah Mau, 16. Hame Sele, 17. Taane Milne, 18. Will Matthews, 19. Tyson Frizell, 20. Blake Lawrie, 21. Euan Aitken, 22. Matt Dufty.

Knights: 1. Dane Gagai, 2. Ken Sio, 3. Brendan Elliott, 4. Peter Mata'utia, 5. Nathan Ross, 6. Brock Lamb, 7. Jaelen Feeney, 8. Daniel Saifiti, 9. Danny Levi, 10. Josh Starling, 11. Sione Mata'utia, 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon, 13. Mitchell Barnett. Interchange: 14. Luke Yates, 15. Josh King, 16. Tyler Randell, 17. Jacob Saifiti, 18. Sam Mataora, 19. Jacob Gagan, 20. Trent Hodkinson, 21. Tom Hughes.

Key Match-Up: Josh Dugan vs. Dane Gagai: Both backing up from Origin on Wednesday night, the two fullbacks could prove to be the difference on Sunday afternoon. While Dugan is averaging 45 more running metres a game than Gagai, the Newcastle No. 1 has the fifth most tackle busts in the competition with 71.

The History: Played 33; Dragons 23, Knights 10. The Dragons have won 10 of the last 12 games against the Knights, dating back to 2010, including their last four clashes at UOW Jubilee Oval.

Match Officials: Referee: Adam Gee. Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds. Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh and Clayton Sharpe.

Televised: Fox League – Live coverage from 1:30pm

Radio: ABC and 2GB

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/21/nrl_preview_round_16.af_news.html

Latest posts