What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Bulldogs @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Bulldogs v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 18
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights
Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore (TICKETS)
Sunday 9 July 2017

Gates 11:30am / NYC 11:45am / ISP 1:45pm / NRL 4pm

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. William Hopoate 2. Kerrod Holland 3. Josh Morris 4. Chase Stanley 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. Danny Fualalo 11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Adam Elliot 13. Sam Kasiano
Interchange: 14. Francis Tualau 15. Asipeli Fine 16. Andy Saunders 17. Matt Frawley 19. Renouf To'omaga 20. Brad Abbey 21. Rod Griffin 23. Brenko Lee

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Nathan Ross 2. Chanel Mata'utia 3. Joe Wardle 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Brendan Elliott 6. Trent Hodkinson 7. Jaelen Feeney 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. Josh King 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Luke Yates 16. Sam Stone 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Brock Lamb 19. Jacob Gagan 20. Tyler Randell 21. Mickey Paea

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Bryan Norrie

NYC - Sun 11:45am at Belmore

ISP - Sun 1:45pm at Belmore​

Last edited by a moderator:

mozza91

Coach
I bought tickets to this on the hope we'd win today and get our first back to back and away win in ages at Belmore. FML.

Glendale

Juniors
Dogs haven't scored a first half try in a few weeks and have statistically the worst attack in the comp.

So I guess that means load up on Dogs having a 13+ plus lead at HT.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I would have penciled this in as one of those "winnable" games a month back but after yesterday's performance I have no faith that we'll turn up for this game. We'll play the dogs back into form like we do with everyone, Dogs 13+ for mine.

perverse

Referee
Feeney and Hodko in the halves again.
I can only think of 2 reasonable explanations:

1. Brown is giving Lamb and Cogger another game or 2 together in reserve grade before bringing them through together or;
2. Brown is trying to get both himself and Hodko out of work.

Spot On

Coach
I used to same the same thing about Rick Stone. Then he was sacked.

Only things players need to do every minute they are on the field for the remaining games this season:

1. Run hard
2. Tackle hard.

Simples.

perverse

Referee
I just can't fathom it. Hodko was a total failure early in the year... delivered nothing different last week and still gets picked? I know Lamb had gone off the boil a bit, but he's doing no worse than Hodko either. Is there maybe something more disciplinary in it or something? Just makes no sense on face value at all.

Old dog

Juniors
Only 3 changes in the 17, Sio injured, Elliot in, Starling injured, Yates in, gagai SOO, Chanel in, either brown is happy or hoping that putting them all back will get him a result based on overcoming the previous effort,

Pedge1971

First Grade
Just saw the team. Ugh! Surely he has decided to let Lamb and Cogger work together with less pressure in reserves to get the confidence up?

I dont get the love for King either.

I hope he is keeping those that matter close to the grand plan within the.club because it sure.doesnt make a lot of sense to those outside it....

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'll be surprised if Brown doesn't bring Lamb into the 17 for game day and drop either Feeney or Hodko back reserve grade. Personally I'd rather see Hodko dropped back because at least Feeney and Lamb seemed to have some kind of understanding about what each other are doing.

Interesting to see Chanel get a run as well, he's been in the wilderness for a while now. I always thought Chanel went pretty well in his debut year but he's barely been spotted since because of injury. Best of luck to him and I hope he makes a case for another extended shot in the NRL at some stage.